Flights To London

kjhbigv

Hi All,

Just a quick question, in previous years I have flown Thai Air to London, checked luggage in at CNX and did not see it again until I landed in London.....no need to pick up luggage and go through customs again in BKK. Obviously, this meant I could have a close connection in BKK and no messing about.

This time I am flying Thai Air to BKK and then Eva Air to London, can I check my luggage in at CNX all the way through to London ie. no need to pick up my luggage and go through customs again in BKK, in which case I would need to get an earlier flight to take into account going through customs again.

Anyone any experience?

with eva air you can check baggage through from Chiang Mai if you fly Thai air or bangkok airways. Returning you can clear immigration in Chiang Mai

Clear Immigration on-return in the Transfer-Immigration at Swampy, then clear Customs in CNX.

Thai & Bangkok Airways have agreements with many airlines, for booking the hold-luggage all-the-way-through, I'm sure Eva would be on-the-list.

• 1 year later...

Just regurgitating an old topic rather than start a new one!

Just wondered what the current situation is wrt clearing immigration for the following flight

Out EVA Lon - BKK. Bangkok Airways BKK to Chiang Mai

Return Bangkok Airways Chiang Mai to BKK. BKK to London.

On the out leg is it possible to clear immigration at CMX as I've been quoted a 1hr 10m lay over

Same question on the return leg - can I clear immigration at CMX rather than BKK to save some time?

Many thanks

I always do the customs/immi checks now here in CNX, saves a hell of amount of time and stress worrying about possible flight delays.

the only diasadvantage is if going with bkk air, you cannot access their free cake and coffee and treats lounge from international departures lounge.....and that NEEDS to be sorted asap!!

Just wondered what the current situation is wrt clearing immigration for the following flight

On the out leg is it possible to clear immigration at CMX as I've been quoted a 1hr 10m lay over

Same question on the return leg - can I clear immigration at CMX rather than BKK to save some time?

Many thanks

Hi my Mum flew over last week with Eva to Bkk then BKK Airways to Chiang Mai and back again.

Both ways luggage is checked all the way through.

Arriving CM you clear customs here in CM, no need to go though customs in BKK.

Leaving CM, you leave via International Departures and go through customs in CM. No need to mess around with customs in BKK.

Plenty of time! She was probably on same flights if you arrive in CM around 6.30pm.

You will get a little purple sticker stuck on you which identifies you as an International traveller.

Edited by kjhbigv

Many thanks

Hi my Mum flew over last week with Eva to Bkk then BKK Airways to Chiang Mai and back again.

Leaving CM, you leave via International Departures and go through customs in CM. No need to mess around with customs in BKK.

Plenty of time! She was probably on same flights if you arrive in CM around 6.30pm.

You will get a little purple sticker stuck on you which identifies you as an International traveller.

Thanks for the update. What about Immigration though as that's what I was more interested in to be honest.

Thanks

Many thanks

Thanks for the update. What about Immigration though as that's what I was more interested in to be honest.

Thanks

What do you mean 'Immigration'?

Many thanks

Thanks

What do you mean 'Immigration'?

Passport control as opposed to customers who are more interested in what you are bringing into the country.

I've always done immigration/passport control in Chiang Mai going from CNX-Europe, but I've never discovered how to delay immigration until I get to CNX on my return, I've always had to stand in an immigration queue at Suvarnabhumi on the way back. I'd be interested to know if anyone has managed to do this.

I've always done immigration/passport control in Chiang Mai going from CNX-Europe, but I've never discovered how to delay immigration until I get to CNX on my return, I've always had to stand in an immigration queue at Suvarnabhumi on the way back. I'd be interested to know if anyone has managed to do this.

I've done it several times. If your luggage is checked through then so are you and you should be given a 'CIQ' label to wear on your shirt which sends you the bypass route at Swampy and direct into the domestic boarding area. If it seems there is nobody handing out labels then approach a member of the airline staff and they will get you one. They normally hand them out as you come out of the end of the tunnel.

I've done it several times. If your luggage is checked through then so are you and you should be given a 'CIQ' label to wear on your shirt which sends you the bypass route at Swampy and direct into the domestic boarding area. If it seems there is nobody handing out labels then approach a member of the airline staff and they will get you one. They normally hand them out as you come out of the end of the tunnel.

Superb, thought it must be possible. I'll tell the trouble