Mixed Group Golf In Chiang Mai

pmf113b

Me and my husband visit Chiang Mai every year for around 4 to 5 months from Nov through to March .

We are both very keen golfers but find it difficult to get any competitive golf for ladies and gents.

Are there any groups that offer both ladies and gents the chance to play some competitive games on a regular basis.??

I have heard of a couple of groups already but the ladies have to play from the mens tees which I find outrageous and would never be allowed in Europe.!! Don't even fully understand the reasoning behind this.!

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chiang Mai Social Golfers (CMSC) play Lanna every Mon. and Mae Jo every Tues. and Fri. There are usually a few Thai ladies along (at least at Lanna) and they play from the 'forward' tees. We had a very talented Thai lady, who has since turned pro, who played with us from time to time and she played with the men from white tees. Arrive before 8AM. 600B membership fee and 3 rounds required to establish handicap. From then on it's 100B if you want to compete. We play a Stableford system scored round 3 times monthly and one round stroke play. We have an away game once monthly and several team tournaments during the year. The club championship is coming up next month and also the Issan Challenge. More at http://www.chiangmaigolfers.blogspot.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Chiang Mai Social Golfers (CMSC) play Lanna every Mon. and Mae Jo every Tues. and Fri. There are usually a few Thai ladies along (at least at Lanna) and they play from the 'forward' tees. We had a very talented Thai lady, who has since turned pro, who played with us from time to time and she played with the men from white tees. Arrive before 8AM. 600B membership fee and 3 rounds required to establish handicap. From then on it's 100B if you want to compete. We play a Stableford system scored round 3 times monthly and one round stroke play. We have an away game once monthly and several team tournaments during the year. The club championship is coming up next month and also the Issan Challenge. More at http://www.chiangmai...s.blogspot.com/

God wish I lived up their, expat golf society here on Phuket is expensive, monthly medals etc, to play 2500 green fee,caddy fee etc, comp fee 600 bht joining fee 6000 bht I joined but can not afford to pay these prices plus I won't pay the high prices here, I do get a discount on my local 9 hole course which is a very reasonable price!!

Chiang Mai Social Golfers (CMSC) play Lanna every Mon. and Mae Jo every Tues. and Fri. There are usually a few Thai ladies along (at least at Lanna) and they play from the 'forward' tees. We had a very talented Thai lady, who has since turned pro, who played with us from time to time and she played with the men from white tees. Arrive before 8AM. 600B membership fee and 3 rounds required to establish handicap. From then on it's 100B if you want to compete. We play a Stableford system scored round 3 times monthly and one round stroke play. We have an away game once monthly and several team tournaments during the year. The club championship is coming up next month and also the Issan Challenge. More at http://www.chiangmai...s.blogspot.com/

Sticklee - Whats the green fees at each course. Thanks. Allan

Sticklee - Whats the green fees at each course. Thanks. Allan

Lanna on Mondays (and Fri.) is 500B+caddie. Mae Jo, I think, is golf and caddie 1150B which is a guest rate and most regulars have member privileges to sign you in.

I know of an expert farang female golfer up at Chiang mai highlands. I'm sure she'd be happy to play competitively with you, but I'm not so sure her husband would be interested in a match...

Hi,

Both me and my husband play golf and are around 10 handicaps. Does here husband not play golf then?? How do I get in touch with them??

Thanks