Housewares In Vientiane

anotheruser

I am in Vientiane hoping to do some shopping to furnish my new house. I am looking for furniture and furnishing of good to high quality. Is there any super store or anything that has a wide selection of quality products such as lighting accessories, blankets, cookware and other miscellaneous household goods?

You might also consider hopping over the border to Thailand -- to the Tesco Lotus in Nong Khai, or just 50 kms down the highway to Udon Thani for an even wider selection of goods. On the other hand, Home Ideal as the post above mentions might serve you well and you avoid the border crossing.

focus

You might also consider hopping over the border to Thailand -- to the Tesco Lotus in Nong Khai, or just 50 kms down the highway to Udon Thani for an even wider selection of goods. On the other hand, Home Ideal as the post above mentions might serve you well and you avoid the border crossing.

focus

Thailand would be your best bet, Udon Thani does have a lot but then you'll be taxed for all of it when you drive it back over to Laos. Home Ideal also has another branch at Itec, the big building with the cinema, bowling alley and supermarket out on route 13, theres also a few other Furniture/ Homeware shops on the same road as Itec. Also worth checking out Luang Prabang Rd on the way to the airport and also Thadeua Rd which leads away from the city towards the friendship bridge.

• 1 month later...