Xyte On 3Rd Road Being Pounded Down...

BruceMangosteen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from this weeks Pattaya People;

Mega IT Centre on Third Road

X-Zyte discotheque located on Third Road in Pattaya is about to undergo a massive makeover. In fact, this once famous discotheque, which is now closed, is being completely demolished to make way for a mega IT Centre which will be constructed on the spacious site. A four storey building is set to emerge, containing the biggest IT Centre in Pattaya, with a food court and lots of additional shopping facilities. Indeed, over recent years, Pattaya has seen an explosion in computer and other IT sales. So much so, that when visitors come to Pattaya it is a must for them to visit the various shopping malls and specialized IT shopping centres, where all the latest gadgets and computer models are available at very favourable prices. Pattaya has indeed, become an Eldorado for IT shoppers! However, there is one negative point that many of these IT Centers lack are adequate parking facilities, thus making it very difficult for shoppers to park their cars. This new IT Centre which will be built on the X-Zyte site will have a very large parking area, including underground parking, thus making it a very attractive place to buy computers, mobile phones and other gadgets.

Indeed, this promises to be a very X-Zyting IT development to hit the seaside city of Pattaya.

However, there is one negative point that many of these IT Centers lack are adequate parking facilities, thus making it very difficult for shoppers to park their cars.

Not this problem in Tukcom: Their park building is very rarely full

(said my friend living in VCC condo next door of the car park)

I find getting around Pattaya a doddle: everywhere I want to go is less than 10 minutes walk from where I live.

Are you serious?

100%

It's the only thing that puts me off moving to Jomtien: I will have to take the bahtbus from time to time to get into Pattaya. I dont mind the bahtbus trip at all, but I dont like the thought of having to take it to get to the places I regularly want to go to as I'm so accustomed to just walking to everywhere.

I'll get used to it though, I expect.

So much so, that when visitors come to Pattaya it is a must for them to visit the various shopping malls and specialized IT shopping centres, where all the latest gadgets and computer models are available at very favourable prices. Pattaya has indeed, become an Eldorado for IT shoppers!

Pattaya People must be on drugs. Daftest thing I've ever read.

However, there is one negative point that many of these IT Centers lack are adequate parking facilities, thus making it very difficult for shoppers to park their cars.

The parking building is never empty, but usually not 100% full...crowded for sure. The problem is, it's a bit of a walk if you are carrying some heavy items! :(

So much so, that when visitors come to Pattaya it is a must for them to visit the various shopping malls and specialized IT shopping centres, where all the latest gadgets and computer models are available at very favourable prices. Pattaya has indeed, become an Eldorado for IT shoppers!

For sure. I stock up when I'm back home. At least 10-15% cheaper, maybe more, and many items you just can't get over here.

Pattaya "the Silicon Valley" of Thailand, yeah right <_<

(Could make a joke about "Silicon Boobs" in Soi Half a Dozen but better not) :lol:

The parking building is never empty, but usually not 100% full...crowded for sure. The problem is, it's a bit of a walk if you are carrying some heavy items! :(

I usually find it harder locating a spot for my motorbike around TukCom, then parking for my car in the dedicated garage.

Not a serious problem, but sometimes I'll have to loop around the building until someone is leaving.

If I'm parking in the garage and I have heavy items, or it's raining, I take the little tram that runs between TukCom and the garage.

Guess they never heard of Amazon, or even Apple Thailand's online store (USA pricing and 2 dat delivery).

Pattaya "the Silicon Valley" of Thailand, yeah right <_<

(Could make a joke about "Silicon Boobs" in Soi Half a Dozen but better not) :lol:

It's "silicone" boobs...unless you like your ladyboy's with sand filled breasts ;)

that when visitors come to Pattaya it is a must for them to visit the various shopping malls and specialized IT shopping centres, where all the latest gadgets and computer models are available at very favourable prices. Pattaya has indeed, become an Eldorado for IT shoppers! However, there is one negative point that many of these IT Centers lack are adequate parking facilities, thus making it very difficult for shoppers to park their cars. This new IT Centre which will be built on the X-Zyte site will have a very large parking area, including underground parking,

How many "visitors" to Pattaya have a car they need to park, Will be awesome though if true as Tukom is a pain in the ass to park at.

that when visitors come to Pattaya it is a must for them to visit the various shopping malls and specialized IT shopping centres, where all the latest gadgets and computer models are available at very favourable prices. Pattaya has indeed, become an Eldorado for IT shoppers! However, there is one negative point that many of these IT Centers lack are adequate parking facilities, thus making it very difficult for shoppers to park their cars. This new IT Centre which will be built on the X-Zyte site will have a very large parking area, including underground parking,

How many "visitors" to Pattaya have a car they need to park, Will be awesome though if true as Tukom is a pain in the ass to park at.

Yeah...that dreaded free, covered, and secured parking strikes again :o

I usually find it harder locating a spot for my motorbike around TukCom, then parking for my car in the dedicated garage.

Not a serious problem, but sometimes I'll have to loop around the building until someone is leaving.

If I'm parking in the garage and I have heavy items, or it's raining, I take the little tram that runs between TukCom and the garage.

It has gotten to the point where trying to park a bike at Tukcom is becoming a real pain***. It used to be a lot better before all the shop houses opposite Tukcom have prevented people parking in front of their stores.

Where is the car park?

It has gotten to the point where trying to park a bike at Tukcom is becoming a real pain***. It used to be a lot better before all the shop houses opposite Tukcom have prevented people parking in front of their stores.

Where is the car park?

Follow the signs to "car park" ;)

Where is the car park?

It's a soi over to the east and two sois to the south of the main TukCom building.

If you stand at the SE corner of TukCom you will see the tram that takes you to the garage.

They start/stop diagonally across the street for that corner.

Here are the coordinates for the car park, Google maps: 12.922269,100.879745

(Green arrow is pointing to the car park building)

Let me correct that for you.

Yeah...that dreaded free, covered, and secured parking strikes again

Let me correct that for you.

Yeah...that dreaded free, covered, and secured parking strikes again

Well it's FREE for the first 4-5 hours (can't remember exactly) and no purchase is required. That should be more than enough for any business and lunch/coffee at Starbucks that you may have at Tuk Com. If you are using it for "free" all day parking, then that's another story ;)

Where is the car park?

It's a soi over to the east and two sois to the south of the main TukCom building.

If you stand at the SE corner of TukCom you will see the tram that takes you to the garage.

They start/stop diagonally across the street for that corner.

Here are the coordinates for the car park, Google maps: 12.922269,100.879745

(Green arrow is pointing to the car park building)

Now that is what I call helpful directions. Thanks... and I now know what that annoying tram is there for - other than just getting in my way.

Edited by tropo

Where is the car park?

If you go just a few more yards,turn into the Soi where the Media group is, park there , then walk through the passageway, easy, 20 seconds or less.

Is it confirmed that a new IT mall is slated for the old Exzite location...just saw a big sign on one of the two large lots that are being cleared just up from Foodland on Central that it was going to be the location of a new IT mall...or are we getting two new IT malls in town?

I heard the same from a very reliable source....

Three IT malls in Pattaya and still not even ONE real grocery store in Jomtien? Weird. (Foodmart does not count.)

We're hearing a rumor of a big new Tesco on Huay Yai. Suppose to be more "farang" oriented. Seems a strange location to me, but that's the rumor we're hearing.

We did get a new Honda dealer down here...opposite Ambassador and a bit South. Looks to be a big one.

Jingthing: why doesn't Foodmart at the junction of Thepprasit and Theppraya count as a real supermarket?

Foodmart is a nice store...but not a "super" market. Too small...but still nice.

do you mean the shop locally known as ''Harrods'' ?

Could be? I've only been there one time. As you know, we live down near the Ambassador. So we shop mostly at Makro, Tesco and then Foodland for the good stuff!!! :D

We miss Carrefour!!!!!

Jingthing: why doesn't Foodmart at the junction of Thepprasit and Theppraya count as a real supermarket?

Foodmart is a nice store...but not a "super" market. Too small...but still nice.

do you mean the shop locally known as ''Harrods'' ?

Could be? I've only been there one time. As you know, we live down near the Ambassador. So we shop mostly at Makro, Tesco and then Foodland for the good stuff!!! :D

We miss Carrefour!!!!!

i think its known by that nickname due to its pricing policies.......