Hi My Handy Visa Buddies - How About This Kind Of Thai/Cambodia Biz ?

So it came to me in a bathtub in Canada !

I want to hang out and do some exporting of handmade thai goods to Canada, but it seems to hard to get a thai visa for this.

I just want to buy stuff and ship it back to customers in Canada, but this seems illegal in Thailand on a tourist visa.

So.. it seems like Cambodia is easy to get a visa to conduct a export type thing...

What about if I was shopping in Thailand, buying stuff, and then crossing over to Cambodia where I would box and ship it to Canada, with the right visa in Cambodia would this be OK with

the Thais ? ( I would be talking to customers on the phone and buy email about what they want me to shop for, but not shipping things from Thailand at all)

One other question, is it as easy as people say to get a business visa for Cambodia ? What is the tricky part about that ? and can I get that in Thailand or should I get it 1st in Canada before I travel...

Thanks

Edited by Blendo

Get an Education Visa and you will have plenty of free time to stay here and do what you like, from a fellow Canadian.

thanks, what is a education visa, like I have to study thai ? but then if I am shopping for stuff in Chiang mai say and sending back boxes to customers in Canada, isn't that working illegal ? what do you think about that ?

Thai jail sounds nasty and I don't want to spend a single day of my life there.

Dont be nieve, if the Thais want to take action against you for working they will, anything you have to say will not matter at all or even be considered, they need only satisfy themselves.

You are not in a western democracy you dont have rights and dont think logical argument or explanations will work either.

If you are working then you need an appropriate permit simple as that!

You need a work permit even if you are volunteering and not being paid anything.

Stop trying to be a smart ar## and find ways around the rules, if they want you they'll take you !

Alternatively, go to Cambodia do it there and visit Thailand.

Best of luck, keep your mouth shut about anything you do.

well, I am trying to find out what is OK and what is not, your being a smart ass.

I don't want to get around any rules, I want to be within the rules.

I know when in Thailand its ok to conduct your buisness if it doesn't include thailand say if you are working for someone buying goods in chiang mai for a store in Canada, your shopping, its legit..

as I said, I was hoping to get a buisness visa in Cambodia so I can produce my own products, but also cross the border to shop in thailand, for things to be sold to Canada from Cambodia.

My only real question is if talking to customers say, while in thailand is illegal, if it is of COURSE i won't do it ... where else and how else to find out these things but freaking ASK...

from all my research why would thailand grant me permission to start a company when I am just a young and starting without any capital, i haven't found a thai women like you, I don't want to teach english and MOST of all I want to be within the law 100% and respect their RULES..

So if maybe someone that wants to help can tell me if this idea breaks the rules... or how I can get permission to basiclly buy products in thailand and ship them to Canada without getting in trouble, or is there any way they would grant me a buisness visa without being a rich retirie or any crap like that.

One more question for ANYONE ... I find Canada dam_n hard to get started in life, do you think Thailand is still a good choice to move to for a 30 year old .. there is so many complicated rules and I don't feel like jumping threw hoops, is it worth it after living there.. I don't know sometimes, but Canada is getting boring with Harper, its going to hell really.

what do you think, I have been to thailand 3 times for a few months, but I haven't lived there.

One more question for ANYONE ... I find Canada dam_n hard to get started in life, do you think Thailand is still a good choice to move to for a 30 year old .. there is so many complicated rules and I don't feel like jumping threw hoops, is it worth it after living there.. I don't know sometimes, but Canada is getting boring with Harper, its going to hell really.

what do you think, I have been to thailand 3 times for a few months, but I haven't lived there.

Trying to start a business in a country that not only doesn't encourage English use but writes everything in their own non-latin script. That sounds like a fast-track to success IMHO.

It's not ALL about the pussy you know.

...or the beaches, or the temples, etc..

I have been to Thailand, I don't want pussy, I already have my customer base in Canada, I don't care about language at this point, it won't be my issue...

I can use the international signals of a calculator if that helps you... I just need to buy stuff.. but thanks for the smart ass comments, go back to waxing your bum