What'S The Current Status Of Firearms Ownership

submaniac

I think it's great that this guy wants to being an assault rifle into Thailand. More people should do it, it can only be a good thing if there are more assault rifles the hands of the general public in Thailand. Its a scientific fact that the more guns there are in the possession of the public the less gun related crime there is. Just look at how low the gun crime is in the US compared with Canada. More guns please, they're great! They make you feel like a real man, and who doesn't what to feel like a real man?

Knowing this man is actively seeking to bring a fully automatic assault weapon into the country my children live in helps me sleep at night.And they're so useful too. Think of all those tin cans you can put holes in. So many uses.

+1

Personally, I think he should get a grenade launcher

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a simple procedure for a Thai citizen to get a gun licence. The procedure is that you go to your local town hall with ID, house documents, etc. to get a permit to buy a gun. After some scrutiny and an interview by someone in charge (in our case a deputy mayor) and he will discuss what sort of gun you need and the permit is issued. We have circumstances where it is necessary to carry the gun on occasion and that was also allowed. With the permit you can then purchase the gun, albeit at a very high price. You then take the gun back to the town hall where they take the id # of the gun and record it. They then give you a licence to own the gun. The procedure costs Bt500 and you do not need to renew the licence. I believe the town hall also gets a tax from the seller of the gun.

I can almost guarantee that those Thais who carry a [everyday handgun] weapon of choice did not run it through the proper official channels. Probably, less the norm.

Knowing this man is actively seeking to bring a fully automatic assault weapon into the country my children live in helps me sleep at night.

Well, if you're so unhappy with it, why don't you write your local representative in parliament. Don't sit there! Go out and vote! Oh wait, you can't vote cause your not a citizen. Well if you feel that Thailand is too small for both my rifle and you, have a happy journey to falangland.

Personally, I think he should get a grenade launcher

Funny you mention it. There's a little pop up grenade sight on this particular model. You place the grenade spiggot down the barrel and could pull the trigger. I was going to order it, but like, what's the good of having a grenade launcher if you don't have any grenades. Do you know where I can pick up grenades in LOS?

YugoAKM-Spigot.jpg

Knowing this man is actively seeking to bring a fully automatic assault weapon into the country my children live in helps me sleep at night.

Well, if you're so unhappy with it, why don't you write your local representative in parliament. Don't sit there! Go out and vote! Oh wait, you can't vote cause your not a citizen. Well if you feel that Thailand is too small for both my rifle and you, have a happy journey to falangland.

Such a good citizen that he has to ask a bunch of foreigners what the rules are. rolleyes.gif

Such a good citizen that he has to ask a bunch of foreigners what the rules are. rolleyes.gif

Didn't ask what the rules where. I was asking if BKK is still giving out ownership permits or if I should change registration on tabien bahn to Phitsanoluk.

Didn't ask what the rules where. I was asking if BKK is still giving out ownership permits or if I should change registration on tabien bahn to Phitsanoluk.

Funny that.

I could have sworn you opened a thread on the subject, on a forum that caters mostly to foreigners. Only then to tell one in particular that he should leave because he shares a different opinion.

So let's see how this works then...... You start a thread and only people that agree with such a topic should reply. Anybody else should shut up or leave the country. Is that right?

Edited by Moonrakers

Funny that.

I could have sworn you opened a thread on the subject, on a forum that caters mostly to foreigners. Only then to tell one in particular that he should leave because he shares a different opinion.

So let's see how this works then...... You start a thread and only people that agree with such a topic should reply. Anybody else should shut up or leave the country. Is that right?

No the response was more for this line:

IMore guns please, they're great! They make you feel like a real man, and who doesn't what to feel like a real man?.

However, I wouldn't mind it if you left the country. What are you some 60year old sexpat who is here because you didn't want to find someone your age in Farangland? Ex British SAS? Failed looser in your homeland so you'd want to come to Thailand to start all over again. Come one, tell us your story. I've heard plenty of them, so what's one more?

Funny that.

IMore guns please, they're great! They make you feel like a real man, and who doesn't what to feel like a real man?.

However, I wouldn't mind it if you left the country. What are you some 60year old sexpat who is here because you didn't want to find someone your age in Farangland? Ex British SAS? Failed looser in your homeland so you'd want to come to Thailand to start all over again. Come one, tell us your story. I've heard plenty of them, so what's one more?

So now you resort to unprovoked insults.

Of all the Thai language forums you, as such a great citizen of Thailand that you have the right to tell others to leave, choose instead to find an English language forum to talk about guns. Somebody disagrees and because you can't reply, your only response it to tell them to leave. Following on from there, and again because you seem unable to come up with a suitable retort to what many would deem a perfectly reasonable observation, you resort to unprovoked insults.

And you want an assault rifle? Oh dear!

Another wanna be Rambo. Lots of groups up in the high and low country of the US where he can play army. Certifiable is one of their requirements, but may not be a problem. The early mention of acreage planed to be his firing range may upset anyone within hearing and/or range of his play toys. Sling shots and soft bb guns are readily available, no documents required and he is not so apt to hurt himself or others. Especially once he is know to the locals.

I do doubt that his play toys are fully auto as he would have a most difficult time shipping them out to Thailand. Not even mentioning the license required to be in possession of same.

Funny that.

Of all the Thai language forums you, as such a great citizen of Thailand that you have the right to tell others to leave, choose instead to find an English language forum to talk about guns. Somebody disagrees and because you can't reply, your only response it to tell them to leave. Following on from there, and again because you seem unable to come up with a suitable retort to what many would deem a perfectly reasonable observation, you resort to unprovoked insults.

The response was not unprovoked.

"More guns please. They make you feel like a real man." Well if that is not unprovoked here's this one:

"Oh yes, I am a big man. I don't need guns I need to spout off on an internet forum...that makes me a real big man".

You get what you give. If you don't like it, don't read about the topic...or better yet, leave the country.

Edited by submaniac

Another wanna be Rambo. Lots of groups up in the high and low country of the US where he can play army. Certifiable is one of their requirements, but may not be a problem. The early mention of acreage planed to be his firing range may upset anyone within hearing and/or range of his play toys. Sling shots and soft bb guns are readily available, no documents required and he is not so apt to hurt himself or others. Especially once he is know to the locals.

Another armchair intellectual who does not know what he is talking about. "Oh yes, I've read about them in books because in Europe we can't have them. I know nothing about what they are, what they do or how to handle one, but since I am in Thailand I am a big man and can spout off whatever opinions I want, even though I don't know anything about the subject matter."

The response was not unprovoked. You don't like it, don't open the post or leave the country.

So voicing a different opinion or making an observation is provocation enough for (attempted) insults?

And you want an assault rifle? Bloody hell.

But I thought you didn't care about our opinions on gun control. Must have hit a raw nerve there eh somchai?

I'm 36. Lived in Singapore for 8 years and recently moved to Thailand. Before Singapore I had a stint in the UK, Malaysia before that. I've also lived in the US, Australia and 6 years in the Caribbean. Married with two kids under the age of three. Trying to keep them away from idiots who wield assault rifles around with no real need for them. It's really not that interesting a life, but since you needed to know there you go.

Unless I move back to the country of my birth when I'm 60 I'll still be an expat, hopefully my genitals will still work so I assume that would make me a60 year old expat who has sex, so I very well may end up a 'sexpat' in the broadest definition of the overused silly label, but hopefully my wife will still be there to share my desires. If not then why not get a 20 something in for my final years. After all TIT. Why don't you get back to me in 24 years when your incorrect assumption has a minuscule chance of being relevant.

Anyway, its not guns I have a problem with, its not guns that kill people. Its the idiot who pulls the trigger.

The response was not unprovoked. You don't like it, don't open the post or leave the country.

So voicing a different opinion or making an observation is provocation enough for (attempted) insults?

LOL, if Somchai can't even fight his way out of a differing opinion without any success, he's definitley going to come a cropper prancing round his mango patch after dark.

I don't want an assault rifle. I have one. If you want to throw insults you will receive them back.

Just out of interest, what have you assaulted with this assault rifle? Overripe fruit?

Edited by Kananga

I'm 36. Lived in Singapore for 8 years and recently moved to Thailand. Before Singapore I had a stint in the UK, Malaysia before that. I've also lived in the US, Australia and 6 years in the Caribbean. Married with two kids under the age of three. Trying to keep them away from idiots who wield assault rifles around with no real need for them. It's really not that interesting a life, but since you needed to know there you go.

Wow. Just sounds like you're a loser with no stable job or residency history.

I also know that you know nothing about firearms. Tell you what, my grandmother had a house in the South of Thailand that the family built so she could retire in her golden years. Well, some insurgents came in and she had to leave because it was getting dangerous. The family has not gone down there in several years. If you think there is no need for guns, how about I give you free place to stay. You can stay there as long as you want-rent free. But you can't have a firearm. Wanna take me up on it? I'm completely serious. I am sure you and your young children will find peace and love and happiness there.

I don't want an assault rifle. I have one. If you want to throw insults you will receive them back.

Insults?

A difference in opinion is an insult?blink.gif

You've done nothing to address these differences in opinion. All you've done is to attack anybody that doesn't agree with you.

You've done nothing to address these differences in opinion. All you've done is to attack anybody that doesn't agree with you.

So obviously comments directed towards me that I am Rambo (by the way I did like the first film, First Blood), I am mentally "certifiable", that I hunt overright fruit, that I have a gun to make me feel like a man, are not insults.

So your throwing your charming witicisms towards me and apparently I am overreacting.

I still didn't get an answer from you as to exactly WHO you are, and why you yourself are so wonderful. I still think that your on overaged sex pat in this Country because you couldn't make it in your own.

I still think that your on overaged sex pat in this Country because you couldn't make it in your own.

That's entirely up to you, I shall be losing exactly no sleep over it.

Question:

How can you say you are not asking about the rules on this forum full of foreigners when we can all read the title?

Wow. Just sounds like you're a loser with no stable job or residency history.

I also know that you know nothing about firearms. Tell you what, my grandmother had a house in the South of Thailand that the family built so she could retire in her golden years. Well, some insurgents came in and she had to leave because it was getting dangerous. The family has not gone down there in several years. If you think there is no need for guns, how about I give you free place to stay. You can stay there as long as you want-rent free. But you can't have a firearm. Wanna take me up on it? I'm completely serious. I am sure you and your young children will find peace and love and happiness there.

What part of 'I have just moved from Singapore where I lived the last 8 years' escaped your brain? How long do you expect to be able to live in somewhere like Singapore unless you are earning very good money and have a specialized skill the country needs? Because from your comment it would appear you think that everyone who isnt a Thai national (yeah, really useful passport for international travel) and hasnt spent their entire life in Thailand is a 60 year old sex addict who cant hold down a job. That is what you are saying isn't it?

Not only that but I have plenty of residence history, I've lived in every country I've lived in. LOL!

Why is it always the last person who should own a gun always seems to end up with them? I guess its because the smart people know better.

So obviously comments directed towards me that I am Rambo (by the way I did like the first film, First Blood), I am mentally "certifiable", that I hunt overright fruit, that I have a gun to make me feel like a man, are not insults.

So your throwing your charming witicisms towards me and apparently I am overreacting.

I still didn't get an answer from you as to exactly WHO you are, and why you yourself are so wonderful. I still think that your on overaged sex pat in this Country because you couldn't make it in your own.

I believe you were calling me the 60 year old sex pat. How does someone become over aged anyway? Over the age of what?

Also, you are not doing your country any justice by saying people are here because they can't make it in their own country, that would lead us to believe you dont believe Thailand to be as good as our home countries as we cant make it there but can do so here. Don't put Thailand down like that, its a wonderful country.

Anyway, you haven't told us what type of fruit you hunt with your rifle. Mangoes? Melons? or are you more of a lychee sniper?

What you need to remember at the end of the day is that anyone can get a passport, just because you have one for this specific country doesn't make you the slightest bit special. You can't travel anywhere on it without needing advance visas, and it wont let you work in any other countries. Its a crap passport truth be known.

What part of 'I have just moved from Singapore where I lived the last 8 years' escaped your brain? How long do you expect to be able to live in somewhere like Singapore unless you are earning very good money and have a specialized skill the country needs?

Lots of people live in Singapore who aren't earning good money and have a specialized skill in the country. If you were making such good money and have specialized skill the country needs, why didn't you stay there? No guns there. You would be happy. But I guess you were "too successful" in Singapore and left for Thailand for "a challenge" because you got tired of making good money.

Like I said, I got a 4 story house that you are welcome to stay rent free, but no firearms. Come'on, what do you have to lose?

BTW I see that you are still on this thread. So make your follow up post quickly. I am about to go to sleep because it's 3:11 a.m. in Los Angeles. I will come out and play tomorrow if you want.

I believe you were calling me the 60 year old sex pat.

I think he's aiming it at anybody that doesn't agree with him.

No actually I posted about whether the Bangkok Amphur was still giving out permits to own guns or if I should transfer my Tabien Bahn to Phitsanoluk to get the permit.

You two clowns started posting about how guns are evil, and how no one should be allowed to own guns, and how guns are worst than Hitler. Then you said I needed a gun to feel like a real man, that I hunt overripe fruit for it, that I am Rambo, and we gun types are always certifiable.

If you don't like guns fine. Great. Don't own one. But even in Thailand they are LEGAL. And I am asking about the procedures. My posts are about a legitimate topic. Your post is spouting your opinions which were not asked for in the original question.