Thai Marrying In Singapore

My BF and I are planning to get married in Singapore. He is Thai and i'm Singaporean.

He was an ex work permit holder, and I have already gotten the approval from the government for us to get married.

He is also not a professional or skilled worker, hence falls under that category of "not so welcomed" by our government here, thus tougher to get a better employment pass or even application of long term visit pass.

The reason he wants to come to SG now is to work and keep as much money as we can, then move over to thai in 3-5 years, therefor the thought of getting married here first, which hopefully can ease the trouble of applications of work permit or event other passes that is required. But seems like Singapore goverment is so rigid and strict.

Therefore, before we really proceed to register our marriage here in singapore, I would like to find out a few things which I hope someone experienced or expert can advise.

1) After registering our marriage here in SG, can we both still move to stay in Thailand in the future? Meaning, starting up a family there in thailand. will the process / application be tougher?

2) After we get married, does he still need to get jobs with work permit / employment pass?

Really appreciate advises from people who might have gone through this before , or know of such things through friends. :) THANKS! :)