Visa Extention In Nong Khai Where ?

You are not likely to receive more than 7-10 day extension so you might prefer a trip to Vientiane if you have not been there. Walk around the city and come back to receive another 30 day stay stamp. You can obtain the Lao visa at border and cost will be about the same as an extension.

If you just want the extension believe immigration is still located on the river.

Apologies.

I am wrong. Website make no reference to 30 day entry stamps (My comment applies to "visas on arrival" which is not the same thing).

I did not intend to contradict Lopburi. His reply overtook mine. I had my reply typed in before he posted but I was distracted by more weighty issues (where to go for a pint tonight) for 20 mins before pressing "send"

is there a place in Nong Khai where I can extend my Australian tourist 30 day visa

or do I have to go Laos for a day

Yes you can but I normaly only need a few extra days and as long as I have my plane ticket to prove when I am flying out they give me a 10 day extention every time just to save the hassel of crossing into laos as it shits me. Except the duty free grog now thats worth a trip on its own

Edited by Rigger

Well,I like Vientiane,Luang Prabang too,have many friends there that I would visit more often were it not for the costs of visas and re-enty permits.

Next week,for the That Luang festival,will try,for the first time,to drive my car into Laos:it should be possible now,and the extra insurance is not too expensive. :o

thanks lopburi3 and Seenall.learnt nothing

My visa is a "visa on Arrival" so it looks like i have to go to Vientiane

btw what is webside for Nong Khai Imm, thanks

No you will not have a "visa on arrival". You enter visa free and receive permission to stay for 30 days.

www.imm.police.go.th/nongkhai

or

www.nongkhaiimmigration.com

If you are still in OZ, consider obtaining a 60 day tourist visa by post.