General Medical Test - Insurance?

MaciejKlimowicz

Hello,

My GF (not Thai) didn;t feel so good recently so we decided to go to a hospital and get her checked up. The doctor did't examin her, just gave her a list of test she need's to take. The thing is that the receipt for these tests (RTG, blood etc) in this Hospital would sum up to 8.000B.

I's there an insurance that covers this kind of general test? My girlfriend is an English teacher, work permit and all.

best regards,

MK

Insurance companies don't generally cover pre-existing conditions. And there is often a probationary period for certain treatments. This is to prevent people from doing exactly what you want to do.

Her tests would cost several times that in the west. If you don't have the money, you can go to a government hospital. Cheap as chips, but you sacrifice the level of care. Often the same doctors as the private hospital though. And if she is legally employed as you say, she should already be covered, or at least be able to be reimbursed for care at a government hospital, and some private hospitals, like Mission, participate in the governments healthcare system. She should ask her employer.

Edited by ScubaBuddha