Pc Audio Problem

themuse1969

Most all day Monday I listened to a You Tube playlist through pc speakers. Tuesday, no sound. I checked all settings in "Sounds & Audio Devices" on Control Panel. I un- and re-installed Adobe Flashplayer. No change. There's hiss-crackle in speakers so I know they are powered up. But no program audio. I did Skype audio test on headset--works find. I did test again with listen only of speakers--no program sound.

Don't know what to do next.

korp khun na khrab Mark. Not silly at all! I will try it.

Last night, I tried uninstall and reinstall of Real Tec drivers. I'm stuck, needing the RtkHDAud.sys file to complete the installation. If anyone has this file (it would be

located on your Realtek HD Audio Installation Disk, it could be emailed to me. My address

is (my name)@yahoo.com.

Korp khun na khrab, KevJohn. I will pursue your suggestion in the morning.....

If you can't sort it out then maybe this link might help.

http://windows.micro...-sound-problems

I know it sounds (no pun intended) silly, but have you tried unplugging the audio leads and plugging them in again? (Dirt ... humidity ... loose connections?)

Edited by lopburi3
remove true email to prevent spam

This may sound silly but the headphone jack is a mechanical connection that cuts off the speakers when you plug in the headphones(at least on my PC). This jack has contacts that must make/break and are subject to corrosion.

Is it possible this connection is not working when the headphones are removed?

Maybe try plugging/unplugging the headphones a few times to cause the jacks contacts to make/remake again

korp khun na khrab, Longball. Not silly at all! But, I cannot try it until I reinstall drivers, for which I need the RtkHDAud.sys file from Realtech HD Audio Installation Disk....that I don't have on hand. I'm hoping someone could email it to me, someone with the same audio system. I might have to go into the city to some computer shops looking for this Disk. My address is

Will

This may sound silly but the headphone jack is a mechanical connection that cuts off the speakers when you plug in the headphones(at least on my PC). This jack has contacts that must make/break and are subject to corrosion.

Maybe try plugging/unplugging the headphones a few times to cause the jacks contacts to make/remake again

Edited by lopburi3
remove email per forum rules

korp khun na khrab, Longball. Not silly at all! But, I cannot try it until I reinstall drivers, for which I need the RtkHDAud.sys file from Realtech HD Audio Installation Disk....that I don't have on hand. I'm hoping someone could email it to me, someone with the same audio system. I might have to go into the city to some computer shops looking for this Disk. My address is

Will

Version of Motherboard / audio chip RealTek version would help some.

found this site: http://www.techpower...iver_v1.66.html and has other versions. (google RtkHDAud.sys you can probably find the whole install package).

Edited by lopburi3

Thanks, appreciate your reply Rakman.

Will

Version of Motherboard / audio chip RealTek version would help some.

found this site: http://www.techpower...iver_v1.66.html and has other versions. (google RtkHDAud.sys you can probably find the whole install package).