Single B Visa

Looking for Info , please

I have just this month obtained a freelance writer's work permit ( Phuket ) on a B Investor visa ( No longer available but obtained in 2006 w 3 mil fixed deposit . ) That visa expires later this month so I went to Phuket Imm to see what having the WP would qualilfy me for.

The Captain there told me to go to a Consulate and get a Multiple B Visa . She was adamant I must get a " Multiple Entry Visa "

I applied in Penang but was told only a SINGLE entry B Visa for 90 days , until Dec 14 - could be granted .

as the WP expires in late November.

This really did not make sense to me- what has my WP have to do with my wanting to travel outside Thailand?

So once I return, I cannot leave Thailand or lose the visa?

The Consulate also voided the Investor B so that is gone with the wind now and cannot be renewed. (At least I can get at those funds now )

Can I go back to Immig in Phuket and get the a multiple entry stamp there? Or would Bangkok be better ( I reside in Phuket )

Thanx

A visa entry allows a 90 day stay - you could obtain a multi re-entry permit but that would not extend your permitted to stay date - it would just allow travel and return for the same period of stay. Your work permit has nothing to do with travel but a multi entry visa would not be issued without proof you had employment for an extended period of time (believe they would want at least 7 months or more). If you visit next time with a work permit for the next year and full company paperwork they will likely provide a multi entry. As it is now they only see you working for the period than a single entry visa would cover and for most people working longer they would extend there stay at Immigration rather than obtain a new visa entry.

Consulates in the region as a rule only issue single entry non-B's. Some issue a multiple non-B, but only under certain conditions. See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/433392-current-visa-availability-summary-from-neighboring-countries/

What you can get from immigration is a 1 year extension of stay if you qualify, I don't know for your case.

What you mean with a multiple entry stamp is a multiple re-entry permit. It allows you to leave and come back to Thailand during the period your permisison to stay is valid, so till Dec. 14th. It doesn't give you any extra days. A single re-entry permit is 1,000 baht a multiple 3,800 baht.

^ Yes, Thank you Re Entry permit .

But I'm worried as I was instructed to get Multi entry..Just have to see this week when go back to Immig

Turning out to be an expensive process with all this re entr y permitting. Get you going and get you coming.