Certificate For Pension

svenivan

Since a couple of years I got a pension from the Swedish government. Once every year they send me a certificate for telling that I am alive that I shall sign and get stamped and certified by an approved institution. Approved institutions are social security institution, notary public, police authority and population registration authority in the country of your residence. Or I can go to a Swedish embassy or consulate.

Last year I went to the amphur in town with copies of my passport and housepaper and I got the certicate stamped and signed without any problems. But this year the same guy in the amphur told me that they are no doing this service anymore! He told me (and the wife) that new government has changed the rules.

So are there anyone here in Chiang Rai that have a similar situation, have a pension and need a certificate stamped and signed telling you are still alive, that got this service here in CR? If so where and what papers did you need to bring?

Thanks in advance!

:unsure::blink::huh:

Hej SvenIvan!

We do the same thing in denmark-but I only get Suphaphon and another thai to sign the papers-need-think it is 2 persons to do.

This is ok. whit the danish pensions office-even signed in thai.

I think-if you really need this,then go to the hospital and let a doctor sign-thats good as well,I think.

brianmarinus.

Hej SvenIvan!

We do the same thing in denmark-but I only get Suphaphon and another thai to sign the papers-need-think it is 2 persons to do.

I think-if you really need this,then go to the hospital and let a doctor sign-thats good as well,I think.

brianmarinus.

No, that is not working for Swedish government. It must be one of them I mentioned in OP.

:huh: :huh: :(

Hej SvenIvan!

brianmarinus.

No, that is not working for Swedish government. It must be one of them I mentioned in OP.

THe answer is in the OP. Police authority. GO to the CR police station and they will make a report that you are alive and stamp it. Sweden may need it translated though and I do not know to do that officially.

Hej SvenIvan!

brianmarinus.

There are reportedly some lawyers who are notaries but is a confusing situation. Might be worth a call.

Hej SvenIvan!

brianmarinus.

THe answer is in the OP. Police authority. GO to the CR police station and they will make a report that you are alive and stamp it. Sweden may need it translated though and I do not know to do that officially.

About translating-I think the embasy will do-at the same price as they translate retirement papers-1900 baht.

I use to send it to the embasy by mail-whit a copy of my passport.Then they send it back translated and stamped, and I go to the bank and pay.

Maby you can do it the same way.

Hej SvenIvan!

brianmarinus.

About translating-I think the embasy will do-at the same price as they translate retirement papers-1900 baht.

I use to send it to the embasy by mail-whit a copy of my passport.Then they send it back translated and stamped, and I go to the bank and pay.

The Tourist Police in Chiang Mai always provide a report in English as well as Thai. I would guess the Chiang Rai Tourist Police (Near Mengrai statue - 5 Corners - Ha Yak) would do the same.

The Tourist Police in Chiang Mai always provide a report in English as well as Thai. I would guess the Chiang Rai Tourist Police (Near Mengrai statue - 5 Corners - Ha Yak) would do the same.

Yes, you are right!

This afternoon I went to town and visited the Tourist Police here in Chiang Rai. They welcomed me with open arms, asked for a copy of my passport and a copy of my wifes ID and then stamped and signed my certificate within 10 minutes. They Very nice and friendly staff!

So a happy end of this story!

:D :D :D

Nice to see, one of the great things about this forum is the way we help each other out.

A pity some people let personalities enter into it, we've lost a few good posters over the years. :(

Yes, you are right Scea. Some people are only looking for bad things and they can find it even if they sometimes need to try hard. And because of that they are negative and have a bad life and try to spill that bad life over to others.

Then other people, like you and me, we are only looking for good things and we find it, even if it sometimes can be a little hard. But then we are optimistic and happy and try to make other people happy too!

Isn't that right?

:D:whistling::rolleyes:

Edited by svenivan

Nice to see, one of the great things about this forum is the way we help each other out.

A pity some people let personalities enter into it, we've lost a few good posters over the years. :(

The OP did do a better job the second time around with this question, here on our forum. His first rant in General “New Government Makes It Harder For Farangs In Thailand” was little more than a condemnation of the “new government” in his words. (Not very optimistic or happy.) ;) Another example of how a better question gets a better response.

Interesting to watch the direction the forum seems to be heading these days. It is kind of like watching the weather as it changes from season to season.

Edited by villagefarang

The OP did do a better job the second time around with this question, here on our forum. His first rant in General “New Government Makes It Harder For Farangs In Thailand” was little more than a condemnation of the “new government” in his words. (Not very optimistic or happy.) ;) Another example of how a better question gets a better response.

Interesting to watch the direction the forum seems to be heading these days. It is kind of like watching the weather as it changes from season to season.

I'll have to take your word for that, in the interests of avoiding rants of any kind, particularly pro or anti Thai government, I avoid General and others of it's ilk at all costs.

I'll have to take your word for that, in the interests of avoiding rants of any kind, particularly pro or anti Thai government, I avoid General and others of it's ilk at all costs.

Don't take my word for it.

I visited the Amphur office today to to get a stamp and a signature on a certificate for my pension. Certifying that I am still alive.

But no no! Cannot, you must go to your embassy or consulate!

The same guy signed the paper last year without any problem. But now has the new government said that they shall not have this service anymore.

Thank you very much !

:bah::realangry::angry:

• 1 month later...

Hej SvenIvan!

brianmarinus.

Please be sured with this man .. He has made so many people hurt by a false and highly professional way of doing things .. He should be excluded from everything because he leaves many sorrows ..

He is an elf with no scruples.

Watch now all of you out there ... the elves tend to do damage ...