Rainfall In Ubon ?

songhklasid

Have the heavy rain's eased,I imagine the mighty mekong will be just that at the moment,I hate to bore you all, but any word ubon end about the Air Asia direct flights from Chaing-mai, due to start operating next month,I will be flying from chaing-mai - ubon on nov2, I haven't booked yet, waiting to see if direct flights are on, otherwise it's via BKK , thai 's 1st flight out to swampy, taxi to don-muang, then the 1100 flt (nok) to ubon just after lunch all up over 4000 baht, even if Air Asia charged 2000 baht direct, it's still cheaper, & no competition.

regards songhklasid.B)

Rains have eased up considerably over last 4 days. Heavy lengthy tropical thunderstorm downpours have given way firstly to overcast days with long spells of very light showers interspersed by occasional proper showers. Yesterday and the day before were lengthy sunshine spells and yesterday was the first day I remember for about a month with no rain at all and temperatures back well above 30 degrees. [Amphur Kantaralak; 80k away, but weather patterns usually about the same as for Ubon].

No idea on CM. We've been here before - as I think you know, but others may not, 9 months ago they tantalisingly held out the prospect putting it in the destination drop down boxes. Then it disappeared and was replaced by an actual service to Phuket. Why not call their Thai number?

Nice weather yesterday, heavy rain last night, and sunshine again today.

The Moon (Mun) river has already gone over the new walls, that were built to protect from flooding............ :whistling:

Tried to attach some pics, but connection not good enough, will try later. :D

in the decade ive been with the missus never known the village get so much rain (amphur detudom). roll on november, two years away has been too long. daughter and i had our jabs today and whereas the daughter was fine..i felt queasy and had to lie down. sharks, snakes , spiders no probs..needles no way

I believe the CNX route opens October 31st. It's now permanently on the drop down menu when choosing flights on their site which seems fairly official. Still can't book though. I'd hold out if I were you. Promotions for new routes are dirt cheap. My guess is either 399b or 599b

Edited by ubonrthai