Serious Medical Accident

Bob1408

Costs will vary greatly depending on which hospital on Samui he is in, and of course the nature of his injuries.

An embassy would not normally be involved unless the individual is alone and unable to fund the treatment, and then it may be handled by the HC on the island or the Tourist Police. Usually friends/family with the person sort much of this out, including any visa issues. A lot of variables sadly.

I know this doesn't answer the posters question but seriously when you see the idiot's on holidays riding bikes no helmets and a lot of time no shirt's or girls wearing bikini's what will the result be ? As for the embassy being informed why should they isn't it time people looked after them selves.

I know this doesn't answer the posters question but seriously when you see the idiot's on holidays riding bikes no helmets and a lot of time no shirt's or girls wearing bikini's what will the result be ? As for the embassy being informed why should they isn't it time people looked after them selves.

Good answer Jon, very helpful, well done.

There is an HC on Koh Samui - a really nice guy - usually very helpful.

HC email details can be found at this link. Your friend might find it useful to contact him.

http://www.thaivisa....sular-services/

Hope that your friend's son recovers soon.

There are four International Hospitals on the island plus one Thai one - so prices vary a lot! Treatment is usually very good quality.

There is an HC on Koh Samui - a really nice guy - usually very helpful.

HC email details can be found at this link. Your friend might find it useful to contact him.

http://www.thaivisa....sular-services/

Hope that your friend's son recovers soon.

There are four International Hospitals on the island plus one Thai one - so prices vary a lot! Treatment is usually very good quality.

There is an assumption that he is a British citizen. Perhaps the OP can enlighten the forum members as to which hospital he is being treated at & what nationality.

you have to ask the embassy which hspital he is in and get the hsopitals phones number they nearly all speak english. then tell them the patients name. tell them who you are and ask them what is happeneing and what they estimate the cost to be.

they should give you a proper quote because they do not really want to charge people that cannot afford to pay.

they will get the money but it means long head aches and maybe even court.

then some hospitals do not have th sam facilities as the rest.

unfortunalty Bangkok hospital samui has snatched all the good doctors and nurses from the island and their rates are extornaional.

if he can i would suggest he gets to a private hospital in bangkok where there is allot more choices and less manolpies

you have to ask the embassy which hspital he is in and get the hsopitals phones number they nearly all speak english. then tell them the patients name. tell them who you are and ask them what is happeneing and what they estimate the cost to be.

they should give you a proper quote because they do not really want to charge people that cannot afford to pay.

unfortunalty Bangkok hospital samui has snatched all the good doctors and nurses from the island and their rates are extornaional.

if he can i would suggest he gets to a private hospital in bangkok where there is allot more choices and less manolpies

Is that true of the hospitals other than BSH?

Is that true of the hospitals other than BSH?

actually to re correct myslelf they do not really care where u get the money from as long as u get it. though if u tell the hospital that you want to move because u wouldn't be able to oay for their exepnses then they would move you. though there r not many nearby hospitals with the same medical tools as BHS. so u r stuck in a crooked manoloply situation

You would have to give more details of injuries, i stayed at Samui Inter for 5 nights and underwent an operation and the cost was 148,000bt (approx £3,000)

just gone up 148,000bht approx[£3,150]

i don't know how you could arrange transport but if u find a private hospital in bangkok then they might be able to help you to move depening on the state of his injuries.

Don't tell the samui based hospital how much they estimate the cost. if they give a very high figure then contact another hosiptal in bangkoj and get a quote baed on the written report of his injuries then weigh up the diffference. that is even if it can be done.

good luck. i would not expect much help from bangkok airways as they are owned by bangkok hospital. so you might want to check what air asia and other airlines from suratthani airport and Nakornsea Thamorat airport as they have nothing to lose from help you.

i have a contact number if you would like to try and arrange a refer from samui to a mainland place

if u want i'll have to P.M it to you