Can'T Send Emails On Outlook When On New Networks.

samran

Does anyone have this problem?

Using outlook, it is a bit of a crapshoot sometimes when you can/can't send emails, depending on what network you are hooked up to.

I can log onto my office network and use any email address on my computer. I can use a mobile broadband dongle, and that is fine.

But then other networks won't let me send, though I can receive emails. There is simply no rhyme or reason to it.

Can anyone give me an idea if there is some radio button I can click to make this problem go away?

Thanks

My bet is that you are using an SMTP (outgoing) server that does not allow relaying, and only accepts mail on local connections.

You need to check your SMTP settings with your email provider, and ensure that the Outlook settings you have are correct for relaying. This normally involves using an authorised server with a login and password (which would normally be your regular email login and password).

http://www.google.co...=en&q=auth+smtp

As mentioned, it is also possible that the ISP on some networks may be blocking port 25 (the standard port for outgoing emails) and so you may need to use another port for your SMTP server. Your email provider will tell you whether they allow this, and what it is if they do.

Gmail is a good way of bypassing these problems for free as both Gmail servers (incoming and outgoing) use SSL and authorisation, and dont use port 25. They are pretty well guaranteed to work from any internet connection.

Edited by Darrel

To the original poster: Before changing to a secure port or any port besides 25 you should check with your email provider which ports they will work with. The port must be allowed by your email provider. Most email providers seem to have a secure port available for use in these situations. Not all use the same secure port.

MSPain

Samran,

I had this problem it's only when you need to send go to tools in outlook and change Smtp settings to suit the connection you are using like as follows. Smtp Relay.cat.net.th Smtp Samart.co.th Smtp ttt.maxnet.com Smtp cscoms.com Smtp csloxinfo.co that just some.