Hard Time Getting Divorce

tomahawk

I am trying to divorce American wife but having problems. I lived in NY state but lawyer says I am not resident there so cannot get divorce there. Wife lives in california but not long enough to file for divorce there. Has any American on forum gotten divorced from US wife or have information about this. If so I greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Why not leave good enough alone? It's no problem if you want to marry a Thai. Just have a Buddhist wedding and everyone is happy. If you want to get legally married because of the easier visa requirements, you shouldn't be getting married anyways.

I live on retirement pension and wife could take half of that now if she wanted but she never asked for it, which I am grateful for as I could not afford to live without getting a job if she did.

My Yankee mate said if you divorce her the court will grant her half your pension anyhow. You wont get a choice. if she is happy as it is, leave well enough alone and as someone said have a Thai Marriage nothing legal there.