Bt300 Wage Will Be Enforced By 2012 End: Thai Labour Ministry

webfact

Another UK example is the reform of the NHS with the Tories promising there would be no major administrative reform before the election, followed by a massive restructuring after they came into power.

AS you say if the level of outrage is as high as some on this thread suggest, no doubt it will be taken into account when the Thai people choose their next government (if they are allowed to).

post-48298-0-98764300-1316607594_thumb.j

I appreciate we are talking shades of gray here, but i still don't think the example you offer is anything like on the same level. Let's imagine the above sign was printed in English by the Tories before the last election, with sums that represented for much of the population an increase in their wage by something in the region of 100% to 200%, and days after the election the Tories announced that it was "campaigning speak" that may not in fact be achievable, do you think the reaction from this would have been on a par to the current reaction to backtracking on NHS reforms? Of course not. The reaction would be London riots to the power of ten. Let's not pretend otherwise. And let's not pretend that deceit concerning Guantanamo or NHS amounts to the same thing. It does not.

To be honest the minimum wage issue in Thailand has yet to be finessed or anything like it, so anything we say is provisional.I doubt also whether in the end those in Thailand who feel hard done by are going to vote for anyone else than the PTP.It's not as though the Dems are seen as the poor man's friend so the poor have nowhere else to go to.As I have said frequently on this forum there's an opportunity here for the Korn faction to take on a Disraelian one nation role.

Incidentally I think you are wrong about the British and the NHS.Someone once said - I forget who - it's the closest thing to a religion in the UK.So politicians fool around with it at their peril.(Personally I found it to be a horrible slummy disgrace with, doctors apart, slovenly Neanderthal like staff - but that's not the general view)

AGREE with the first part - personally I have found the NHS has provided MILLIONS of British people with world class health care and saved thousands of lives. Maybe youd prefer waking up to an accountant after a heart operation.

Weren't they saying just last week that they couldn't enforce it? But why do they need to wait until the end of 2012? I thought the promise was by the start of the year.

Their first statement after the election remains the most accurate: "You have to understand, that was just a campaign promise."

=We lied, just to get the power. When in power we can bring Khun T back, so he can get the power and get "his" money back. End of story.:bah:

AGREE with the first part - personally I have found the NHS has provided MILLIONS of British people with world class health care and saved thousands of lives. Maybe youd prefer waking up to an accountant after a heart operation.

You confirm my view.The NHS is a holy institution which can't be criticised.Talk of reform is heresy.

To be honest the minimum wage issue in Thailand has yet to be finessed or anything like it, so anything we say is provisional.

Yet to be finessed? That sort of expression could have come direct from PTP's mouth.

If it is yet to be finessed, they shouldn't have been promising it. Why not promise something more realistic like the Dems did? Why? We all know why. Win the votes and then come out with some crap about "yet to be finessed".

I doubt also whether in the end those in Thailand who feel hard done by are going to vote for anyone else than the PTP.It's not as though the Dems are seen as the poor man's friend so the poor have nowhere else to go to.As I have said frequently on this forum there's an opportunity here for the Korn faction to take on a Disraelian one nation role.

This isn't about which party is perceived to do more for the poor, this is about how far we think it is acceptable for parties to go in deceiving the electorate. I think there is a line, and i think PTP crossed it.

As for your position, I'm unclear as to whether you think there is no line, or whether you think there is a line, but that PTP didn't cross it. Perhaps you might clarify?

Incidentally I think you are wrong about the British and the NHS.Someone once said - I forget who - it's the closest thing to a religion in the UK.So politicians fool around with it at their peril.(Personally I found it to be a horrible slummy disgrace with, doctors apart, slovenly Neanderthal like staff - but that's not the general view)

I didn't say that the NHS wasn't a sensitive issue, but tweaking with it, restructuring it, is something that all governments can't seem to help themselves from doing, and to compare lying about this matter with lying about a radical increase in most of the population's wages, and to suggest that the level of outrage from the two lies would be similar, is just plain silly, as well you know.

To be honest the minimum wage issue in Thailand has yet to be finessed or anything like it, so anything we say is provisional.

Yet to be finessed? That sort of expression could have come direct from PTP's mouth.

If it is yet to be finessed, they shouldn't have been promising it. Why not promise something more realistic like the Dems did? Why? We all know why. Win the votes and then come out with some crap about "yet to be finessed".

I doubt also whether in the end those in Thailand who feel hard done by are going to vote for anyone else than the PTP.It's not as though the Dems are seen as the poor man's friend so the poor have nowhere else to go to.As I have said frequently on this forum there's an opportunity here for the Korn faction to take on a Disraelian one nation role.

This isn't about which party is perceived to do more for the poor, this is about how far we think it is acceptable for parties to go in deceiving the electorate. I think there is a line, and i think PTP crossed it.

As for your position, I'm unclear as to whether you think there is no line, or whether you think there is a line, but that PTP didn't cross it. Perhaps you might clarify?

I didn't say that the NHS wasn't a sensitive issue, but tweaking with it, restructuring it, is something that all governments can't seem to help themselves from doing, and to compare lying about this matter with lying about a radical increase in most of the population's wages, and to suggest that the level of outrage from the two lies would be similar, is just plain silly, as well you know.

Take a step back and consider.I don't say you haven't a reasonable point.It's just that your reaction is way way over the top.I don't sense a great sense of outrage in the country, and I repeat that it might be worth seeing how this policy (which as the main parties agree is a good one) all pans out in the next few months.The devil is in the detail as always.

I certainly don't think the PTP have crossed some inviolate line in the sand.

You say my NHS example is silly when actually it is rather relevant.What can I do but shrug my shoulders?

I certainly don't think the PTP have crossed some inviolate line in the sand.

I've heard nothing in your argument so far to suggest that you think there is a line.

You say my NHS example is silly when actually it is rather relevant.What can I do but shrug my shoulders?

It's relevant only in as far as it is an example of a government not doing what it said it would do, and as i have already said, we could sit here all day finding examples of that.

The question is, did PTP go too far? I believe yes. You believe no. Not much more to discuss then.