The Sign Says 5B .....

Darrel

All of Darrels posts are about saving 1 or 2 baht here or there, it appears he spends all his time searching for these tiny savings - pathetic!

A sad case indeed.

In fact he is so pathetic that one wonders why you bother reading and commenting on what he has to say?

No convenient soi dogs or cripples to kick, perhaps?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man some of you guys are so petty. For god sake the persons in business and your quibbling over 5 baht. Amazing. if she had been pleasant and sexy would you have complained, I doubt it?

I've also been living in Thailand for many years and understand that some Thai business practices are a little odd to say the least. But 5 baht, why bother.

If the sign says 5 Baht, the price is 5 Baht. If they thought Farang should pay more then don't put the sign in English.

having owned internet cafes in the UK its standard practice . if you want to print you use a pc , pay for the pc and also the printing .

thats what differentiates between a print shop and a internet cafe.

UK, <deleted>.

In the USA, FEDEX Office I take a thumb drive in ans come out with a printed copy for 12 cents. All I did was stand in line and wait about 2 minutes. I don't even know why they bother to charge.

I have had them print so I can sign papers, scan them, put them back on my drive and give me copies for 60 baht. More than 1 paper.

Edited by Gonsalviz

I didnt text the whole internet; I just looked it up on wikipedia. :)

Just out of curiosity, on my way back from supper earlier, I called into two other similar internet shops and asked whether they did printing without a surcharge over and above the print cost. They both said that they did. So at least I now have a choice for next time.

Just out of curiosity, on my way back from supper earlier, I called into two other similar internet shops and asked whether they did printing without a surcharge over and above the print cost. They both said that they did. So at least I now have a choice for next time.

Sounds like someone has learned a valuable lesson, perhaps had you asked the same question you would have been spared all this angst and the loss of your 5B.

Sounds like someone has learned a valuable lesson, perhaps had you asked the same question you would have been spared all this angst and the loss of your 5B.

LOL - money better spent elsewhere...

JH

Sounds like someone didn't actually read the thread before commenting; I didnt pay the extra 5B.

So there was no loss and no angst, not that there would be about 5B any way. Some people really don't seem to understand the notion of "principle" at all. The actual 5B would not be worth commenting on. The underlying principle is certainly worth commenting on.

In fact I found the experience very amusing, as I clearly mentioned. It also speaks volumes about the basic brainlessness of some Thai shopkeepers.

And the insight into the minds of some TV posters is the icing on the cake.

Sounds like someone didn't actually read the thread before commenting; I didnt pay the extra 5B.

So there was no loss and no angst, not that there would be about 5B any way. Some people really don't seem to understand the notion of "principle" at all. The actual 5B would not be worth commenting on. The underlying principle is certainly worth commenting on.

In fact I found the experience very amusing, as I clearly mentioned. It also speaks volumes about the basic brainlessness of some Thai shopkeepers.

And the insight into the minds of some TV posters is the icing on the cake.

I wasn't talking about the 'extra' 5 baht but you having to give your hard earned 5B of money over to the fat brainless shopkeeper.

I don't know how it's principled in any way, from what I understand you didn't inquire about the price to use the computer, then stole 5 baht from a 3rd world shopkeeper who you then went on to call fat and brainless a number of times, doesn't seem morally correct (or principled) to me in any manner.

This thread is going too far over the edge now and is just going around in circles with each pass getting lower into the mire so I'm going to close it before someone gets hurt.

//CLOSED//