Where To Get X Ray For Shoulder Blade?

4.real

I have a sharp pain in my left shoulder blade.

Wife gave me a massage but only made things worse.

I think I need an x ray [can't sleep] to find out what is wrong.

Where can I get an x ray done without getting ripped off as I did last time I went to a thai hospital?

Thanks all for any response..4.Real

If you don't want to go to a hospital, where else would there be? X Ray machines cost a lot of money to buy, have to be used carefully by trained operators and the results have to be evaluated properly to see what the problem may be. This is why they are deemed expensive. However, as the first step in any treatment, they provide invaluable information which determines the necessary treatment for the problem.

I remember my friend had a broken collarbone about a year ago, he was treated at Memorial Hospital and I belive the X Ray was around 450 baht. not much if it puts your mind at ease.

Go and see Dr Danai at Pattaya International. He's the orthpedic surgeon there and did my knee and hip replacements. I actually had the operations done at Queen Sirakit hospital in Satahip but that's a bit of a long winded outing just to get an X ray done. Dr Dania is a doctor you can trust and he'll arrange for the X ray to be done there and then and tell you what your problem is. You've probably got a rotator cuff problem that might need physio. Give the hospital a call on 038428374 to make an appointment.

Good luck.

7500 baht at Sri Racha hospital for food poisoning tablets.

They gave me a prostate exam then said it did not work as I had not eaten .

food poisoning?Not ask if I had eaten?...

They still charged me for this useless exam.

But thanks for the response.I will ry the memorial hospital

7500 baht at Sri Racha hospital for food poisoning tablets.

They gave me a prostate exam then said it did not work as I had not eaten .

food poisoning?Not ask if I had eaten?...

They still charged me for this useless exam.

But thanks for the response.I will ry the memorial hospital

So you previously went for an x-ray for a problem shoulder and they treated you for food posioning..is this what you are saying ?

Anything medical here in Thailand is comparatively expensive compared to other close by countries. Penang in Malaysia, half Thaillands prices, ,Indias one eight of the prices of Thailands and better treatment .

I'm off soon to get an MRI scan ,and a prostate exam (camera up the backside) ouch! then knee op,fraction of these stupid prices here in Thailand

Anything medical here in Thailand is comparatively expensive compared to other close by countries. Penang in Malaysia, half Thaillands prices, ,Indias one eight of the prices of Thailands and better treatment .

I'm off soon to get an MRI scan ,and a prostate exam (camera up the backside) ouch! then knee op,fraction of these stupid prices here in Thailand

If the pricesxin Thailand are stupid, then what are the prices in the so called "Western world"

If the pricesxin Thailand are stupid, then what are the prices in the so called "Western world"

For the likes of I (EU ) free,but I do not feel like going back unless it is major medical problem,but for arthroscopic or similar just the job for a short plane hop

260 Baht for X Ray at Bangkok Pattaya, in and out in 15 mins, is that being ripped off????

No, but an X ray does not reveal too much information especially if it is soft tissue or muscle,then your encouraged to go for an MRI scan,that is when big bucks start

What has an MRI got to do with this ?........the OP with his vast professional medical experience has decided he needs an X-ray, and "LennyW" has pointed out an X-ray at BPH is THB 260 - so struggling to see how THB 260 could be considered a rip off for an X-ray ?

I would reccomend Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.They have all the modern equipment there and are very professional and caring.

Cheers

...and will massage your wallet in a extremely professionally way too.

Only if you let them and this is no different from any other private hospital anywhere else in the world.

I would reccomend Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.They have all the modern equipment there and are very professional and caring.

Only if you let them and this is no different from any other private hospital anywhere else in the world.

Did I state rip off? answer please. One contributor to this thread with a seemingly vastly more experienced opinion to yourself on the OPs problems has stated it in all probability a rotatar cuff problem and I would go along with that prognosis,but then you would realise and Lenny W would realise that an X ray is useless,and would be given guidance to the next stage (MRI),now that would be an eye watering amount at that establishment

No different from other private hospitals in the world? not interested in the rest of the world ,but here in Pattaya and the BHP is the most expensive, anyway why go there?the same doctors serve at other cheaper options close by to Pattaya

Edited by dandare11

260 Baht for X Ray at Bangkok Pattaya, in and out in 15 mins, is that being ripped off????

No, but an X ray does not reveal too much information especially if it is soft tissue or muscle,then your encouraged to go for an MRI scan,that is when big bucks start

What has an MRI got to do with this ?........the OP with his vast professional medical experience has decided he needs an X-ray, and "LennyW" has pointed out an X-ray at BPH is THB 260 - so struggling to see how THB 260 could be considered a rip off for an X-ray ?

Sorry Southy, I am with Desperate Dan on this one, If its tendon problems it wont show up on an X-ray, however as you say 'the OP with his vast professional medical experience has decided he needs an X-ray,'

May well be back on here in 2 days saying he was ripped off paying the 260 Lenny has mentioned because nothing showed up, hopefully he will get another prostate examination just to ensure he wasnt ripped off the first time.

Jeez theres some strange people out there, may as well get a colonscopy while he is at it.

Sorry Southy, I am with Desperate Dan on this one, If its tendon problems it wont show up on an X-ray, however as you say 'the OP with his vast professional medical experience has decided he needs an X-ray,'

May well be back on here in 2 days saying he was ripped off paying the 260 Lenny has mentioned because nothing showed up, hopefully he will get another prostate examination just to ensure he wasnt ripped off the first time.

Jeez theres some strange people out there, may as well get a colonscopy while he is at it.

...but I know a place where you can get a camera shoved up your ass cheap!!!

Did I state rip off? answer please. One contributor to this thread with a seemingly vastly more experienced opinion to yourself on the OPs problems has stated it in all probability a rotatar cuff problem and I would go along with that prognosis,but then you would realise and Lenny W would realise that an X ray is useless,and would be given guidance to the next stage (MRI),now that would be an eye watering amount at that establishment

No different from other private hospitals in the world? not interested in the rest of the world ,but here in Pattaya and the BHP is the most expensive, anyway why go there?the same doctors serve at other cheaper options close by to Pattaya

Yes Dr Killdare, did you not say and I quote " stupid prices here in Thailand" therefore you are suggesting that medical treatment in Thailand is over priced ?

I am not arguing what would be the proper diagnostic tool for this problem all I am commenting on what the OP has said.....he wants an X-ray of the the "non-rip off kind",

further it appears our resident TV Dr's are giving diagnosis on a medical condition based on:

"I have a sharp pain in my left shoulder blade.

I think I need an x ray [can't sleep] to find out what is wrong"

You boys must all went to Harvard Medical school to be able to provide a medical diagnosis based on 8 words in a sentence....very impressive, why are you wasting away in Pattaya you could be making millions in the worlds medical hubs

Yes Dr Killdare, did you not say and I quote " stupid prices here in Thailand" therefore you are suggesting that medical treatment in Thailand is over priced ?

Of course I am,when I can take a one or two hour plane ride, get better treatment for less than 500 bucks,after having a quote here of eight thousand bucks and up from a "cheaper" out of town hospital

Done it got the T shirt thanks,,and off again soon, plus eye glasses at a third of the prices here.

Edited by dandare11

I am not arguing what would be the proper diagnostic tool for this problem all I am commenting on what the OP has said.....he wants an X-ray of the the "non-rip off kind",

further it appears our resident TV Dr's are giving diagnosis on a medical condition based on:

You boys must all went to Harvard Medical school to be able to provide a medical diagnosis based on 8 words in a sentence....very impressive, why are you wasting away in Pattaya you could be making millions in the worlds medical hubs

Never been near Havard, but went through what the OP is describing, an X-ray is a waste of time, but as you say he has decided he wants on, who are we to argue.

If it is tendonitis, rest is the cure, heat treatment, ultra sound, massages and whatever other treatment he is advised is a waste of time.

Take some pain killers and start wanking with his right hand and he will be as right as rain in two weeks.

Never been near Havard, but went through what the OP is describing, an X-ray is a waste of time, but as you say he has decided he wants on, who are we to argue.

If it is tendonitis, rest is the cure, heat treatment, ultra sound, massages and whatever other treatment he is advised is a waste of time.

Take some pain killers and start wanking with his right hand and he will be as right as rain in two weeks.

Based on the minimal information the OP is giving, his darling wife could have tried to put a knife between his shoulder blades, blade broke off and therefore an X-ray is very valid to see the broken portion of the knife....:D

Based on the minimal information the OP is giving, his darling wife could have tried to put a knife between his shoulder blades, blade broke off and therefore an X-ray is very valid to see the broken portion of the knife....:D

<deleted> Southy, I think you have cracked it, no wonder I was in so much pain, but the bitch must have pulled the blade out leaving no trace.

Wait till the bitch gets home, sparks will fly.

Must be all that Havard knowledge you have.

Cheers matey.

Wow, that's cheap for BPH. When was this, before they erected the new wing? :)

I had an x-ray at BPH 2 ½ years ago, and then I paid at least 400, could have been more. (Not including doctor charges or any other surcharges.)

Haven't saved the receipt, but remember it was separately specified, as I did exactly the same x-ray two weeks later at Phyathai in Sriracha, and there the price was half of what I'd paid for it at BPH.

Wow, that's cheap for BPH. When was this, before they erected the new wing? :)

I had an x-ray at BPH 2 ½ years ago, and then I paid at least 400, could have been more. (Not including doctor charges or any other surcharges.)

Haven't saved the receipt, but remember it was separately specified, as I did exactly the same x-ray two weeks later at Phyathai in Sriracha, and there the price was half of what I'd paid for it at BPH.

About 5 months ago, i was quite surprised too, there was other charges on the bill but it clearly stated x-ray 260.

The response i got has been most diverting.

So many professors and medical experts ..Not to mention those with Knowledge of thai females and sharp knives.

I said I THINK i need an xray .I also stated I had been ripped off before.but nobody appears to understand that this was quite some time previously.[2 years ago].

thanks for the response all.

BTw I decided to go to PIH where a doctor said I did not need an xray and was given an injection and 3 types of pills Today I have little pain but the last 2 days I could not move without a sharp pain and sleep was nigh impossible.

2200 BAHT.

[

BTw I decided to go to PIH where a doctor said I did not need an xray and was given an injection and 3 types of pills Today I have little pain but the last 2 days I could not move without a sharp pain and sleep was nigh impossible.

2200 BAHT.

Had a similar problem 4-5 years ago, tried massage and went to a chiropractor but no good,

Went to Pat/ Bkk Inter and got the same injection and the mandatory 3 pills for a few visits (all anti-flam/painkilling but no actual long-term fix)

anyway, was beginning to affect my work and piss me off so asked for shot of cortisone and there was a big improvement, also, noticed if i slept on that shoulder where it was pushed back opposed to in towards you chest helped alot, ....its pretty good so far, last issue i had, was a few months ago where i slept on the floor (drunk) and it was pretty bad for a day or so..