Online Poker

As some of you may know, it is basically impossible to play online poker in the USA. The banking deposit and money transfer laws effectively make it impossible to do and recent IRS and FBI lawsuits have shutdown some Poker sites. This week I read in one of the poker magazines that many US citizens are moving overseas in order to play online in other countries. The article mentioned Canada, a few other countries and then Thailand. I have been to Thailand many times, and I can understand why people would go to Thailand for any reason!

But my question is how "legal" is online poker in Thailand for a non Thai? I don't know the specifics of the Thai gambling laws but gambling is always publicly stated as illegal for Thais. I assume that foreigners gambling in Thailand is also illegal because I have seen some news articles where foreigners get in trouble for it, but I don't know the specifics.

Online poker would seem to be a bit different. One is "technically" not gambling against a Thai or even in Thailand. The Thai laws probably do not explictly address the issue. Does anybody have any case history on this topic? Court rulings? Opinions?

Thanks

Forget about the "technicalities".......Its illegal.....you are gambling in Thailand its that simple, and dont start going on about ISP based outside

Thailand etc etc, its still illegal...so the only question remains what are the chances you will get caught ?