Bts

qwertyuiop

Was on the BTS (Skytrain ) Saturday morning seeking to get off at Surasak. I usually stand in the first carraige and looking out of the doors as the train came to a stop at the station I noticed we had overshot the platfrom.

Fortunately the doors were not opened. some announcement in Thai was made followed by a certain amount of confusion and we proceeded to Saphan Taksin.

I stayed on the train and we came straight back to Surasak.

So most certainly a driver error and not an equipment fault.

Perhaps it is a good thing that there are only two lines and 1 transfer point

From what I heard that is not the first time. When it rains there is less traction and slipping could occur.

But on a more urgent note, I usually get on the first train at 6:00 A.M. and there has been a few times I thought there was no driver. Even with the tinted window you can still see in. And one time for sure the driver was asleep, his head back and mouth open snoring away. I have been told the sky trains run on there own with the driver only doing small tasks like delaying departures and door closings. The first morning train with no driver sounds like the trains run on real time while the drivers are still on Thai time. Has anyone else noticed?

Edited by john Krukowski