Yellow Corn

KRS1

イエローコーン = yellow corn

Online Catalog:

イエローコーン

Cool - the mesh riding pants looks pretty nice, actually. Only _one_ YellowCorn logo on them.

The other stuff... Sledge Hammer, Ham Steak (??), Record Breakers, yuck.

I wish they'd make western versions of their jackets - e.g. ones with all Japanese characters. Then they'd probably seem similarly silly to people who can read Japanese, but cool to us... ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the can of corn i found used for 1500 baht...its just borderline tacky.

I was thinking of pulling out the stitchings where it says Yellow Corn...But i dont want to perpetrate.

img3457resizee.jpg

img3460resize.jpg

Not so bad but f*#@%...why must it say Yellow Corn !

=> You'd have to pay me to ride around in this.

Just had a closer look at my Yellow Corn,some of the badges are edge stitched while the larger ones are motif stitching.

None would be much of a challenge for a good seamstress to remove.

If required the whole jacket could then be dyed.

Does your Yellow Corn logo on front look the same as in the pic? I'd just perforate that whole section if i removed the logo.

does yellow corn have a monopoly on cheap motorcycle jackets ? is there no other competition in the market that make jackets without terrible designs plastered over it ?

Would this do?

SCOYCO, no leathers though...

Edited by RED21

does yellow corn have a monopoly on cheap motorcycle jackets ? is there no other competition in the market that make jackets without terrible designs plastered over it ?

Would this do?

a few pairs of bicycle looking gloves on that entire site ? what a company! :rolleyes:

maybe check ebay and you might get lucky and find some plain gear thats not too expensive

Just had a closer look at my Yellow Corn,some of the badges are edge stitched while the larger ones are motif stitching.

None would be much of a challenge for a good seamstress to remove.

If required the whole jacket could then be dyed.

Does your Yellow Corn logo on front look the same as in the pic? I'd just perforate that whole section if i removed the logo.

No mate, mine is the bright yellow mesh jacket and "yellow corn" is on the back and up the sleeves, so the perforations from the stitching would probably not be noticeable.

Personally the logos never worried me (you tend to be less selfconscious as you get older),The safety aspect of the bright yellow and the built in armour sold me on them.

Besides ,I always rode to fast for the shitty logos to be readable. :whistling:

Almost too ashamed to admit it but i also went out and bought a yellow corn jacket, wore it a couple of times and it's been in the cupboard ever since....Admittedly, I had just bought a new bike and although I had all the riding gear didn't have a jacket and was not comfortable riding without one.

Still can't believe I paid that much for something like that, always the way when you have a new bike I guess.

So, no one want to buy a little used YC jacket then?

Almost too ashamed to admit it but i also went out and bought a yellow corn jacket, wore it a couple of times and it's been in the cupboard ever since....Admittedly, I had just bought a new bike and although I had all the riding gear didn't have a jacket and was not comfortable riding without one.

Still can't believe I paid that much for something like that, always the way when you have a new bike I guess.

Size? Pix?

Would this do?

I associate that brand with "cheap stuff that's better than nothing". The Scoyco gloves I have certainly feel that way...

Plenty of other brands available in Thailand, and similar prices to YC, so really there isn't much point. Unless you love the over-the-top Engrish...

post some pictures of your jacket and what you would like for it

• 6 months later...

I just bought a yellowcorn mesh jacket and I like it, it's cool has protection and if the logo really bothered me I'd get rid of it but it doesn't, most of the badges and logo's are actually protective and leather based model BB2203

.. Continued

Can't find a fault with either quality or function. I didn't crash yet but it has a back protector, elbow and shoulder padding a super light rain insert that zips in, and it stays cool on hot days. Way more so than my dainese mesh jacket

Now if they only had reasonable designs...

Update: I *did* crash my YC jacket - worked well. It has a few holes - elbow, shoulder, arm - but I was completely unharmed. I was on an unfamiliar bike - rental - , got a bit too excited about its cornering abilities, and lost the front wheel in a corner taken too fast. Badly bruised my wrist but otherwise the gear did very well. Almost magical to get up unharmed after sliding across the entire width of the road and into the shrub on the side of the road. Impact on helmet, knee, and elbow - without gear I'd have been.... bumfuc_ked, I guess wink.png

Good point above that the outrageous text is perhaps so bad it's good again....

Edited by nikster

KRS1, you are being way to cute with all of this and holding out on us all.

OK so there is a fancy dress bike party on somewhere and you are going to ear the Yellow Corn jacket right.. c'mon spill the beans.. when , where is it .

On serious note bought the gf a yellow corn jacket and it looks good on here but nothing they have in stock that I saw at Pantip plaza would be worn by me.. unless of course you divulge the bike fancy dress party details...

Cheers and see you at traffic lights at CM again sometime