Old Spice ?

hedonist44

Just curious if anyone has run across any Old Spice Cologne or after shave in Bangkok recently. I don't believe I've ever seen it any where in Thailand, but did buy some once in China. I have the craving of wearing it again for some weird reason. Thanks allot!

Thank you Hedonist for bringing back memories, all but smell it lol. I have seen it in Bangkok, will try & remember where.

Thanks Rooo & Lazygourmet,

I was raised by my Grandparents and it's all my Grandfather wore, so I guess that sort of sticks on you. Thanks again for taking the time to respond and I'll go have a look.

I have seen it in the small shop off the lobby in the Nana Hotel, Sukhumvit Soi 4. Next time I'm in the hotel I'll take another look.

That would be great Spaniel, I go to Thong Lor every weeks or so and can have a look. Thanks!

I have seen the Old spice deodorant in 2 places but never seen the cologne, if the deodorant is good enough to satisfy your wish then either Villa Mart (Thonglor, Bangkok) or Friends Supermarket (Pattaya) both carry stock.

Thanks somechaimaidai, I was in the Villa @ Thong Lor last week, but have to admit that I was not looking for deodorant so missed it. I'm really set on finding the cologne and after shave more than the deodorant , but hey, it's a good start and I appreciate your reply. Thanks!

I seen some "Old Spice" body wash in Villa Market in Thonglor last weekend. Though, you can order it online from the U.S. and it costs like 500 thb, but there is also s/h charges.

Thanks AbdulJabaar01, Yes, that would be an option if I had a credit card I suppose, but I've never owned one in my life so options like that aren't for me:) Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated.

I have seen the Old spice deodorant in 2 places but never seen the cologne, if the deodorant is good enough to satisfy your wish then either Villa Mart (Thonglor, Bangkok) or Friends Supermarket (Pattaya) both carry stock.

Thanks somechaimaidai, I was in the Villa @ Thong Lor last week, but have to admit that I was not looking for deodorant so missed it. I'm really set on finding the cologne and after shave more than the deodorant , but hey, it's a good start and I appreciate your reply. Thanks!

No problem, I will repost if I see anything else other than deodorant or shower gel.

I bought the deodorent and that was enough to bring back memories. Pretty sure I got it at Carrefour / Big C.

I was actually looking for a combo Deodorent / Antiperspirant and either settled on this or it was the only one that actually said it was both (don't feel like looking in the bathroom now to verify).

"Brylcreme a little dab'll do ya

Brylcreme you'll look so debonair"...............

Brylcreme the girls will pursue ya

Simply rub a little in your hair "................

The memories...........aahh the memories !!

Thank you Hedonist for bringing back memories, all but smell it lol. I have seen it in Bangkok, will try & remember where.

Wauw; this is actually an amazing phenomena; if you realize that a lot ofour "memories" are triggered by one of our most astute senses: our smell !

The very moment I saw where you wrote "Old-Spice"; two things instantly happenned to me: (1) In my mind's eye,I could see that typical white little bottle sitting on my Dad's dresser (since EVER I can remember !) and (2) The smellof the stuff, after my Dad came out of the bathroom in the morning.

I will be looking fr a bottle of the stuff myself, just so I can recall those happy years growing-up and in reverence to my dad . . . .

Thanks for the post !

Cheers

Part of the recapturing your youth in post mid life crisis I suppose.

Brylcream great on a comb over as well!

You can buy classic rock CDs buy the bucket in Pantip

Thanks for your serious on topic response.

Don't be too harsh. I thought an amusing and harmless response. Made me smile. I want to go sailing..cool.gif

Amazing the triggers that smell or even recollection of smell can cause.

Go to the Indian shop Spice R Us, under the Rembrandt Hotel, in Soi 20. They have the after shave and cologne for sale there, as it's quite popular in India

I usually get a load when I'm in India, as it's a lot cheaper, but all said and done, it's still very cheap buying from Spice R Us. The bottles are a little crappy, mind.