Bkk Condo Glut

However people keep snapping them up when launched. I rent one now that would cost me 10 million to buy for 88 sqm on the river. Nice development - 2 yrs old, room is nice but has a few issues but again 333,000 USD for it instead of renting it for 21k a month like a do. No thanks.

Edited by zorro1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However people keep snapping them up when launched. I rent one now that would cost me 10 million to buy for 88 sqm on the river. Nice development - 2 yrs old, room is nice but has a few issues but again 333,000 USD for it instead of renting it for 21k a month like a do. No thanks.

hats a good deal James however it always comes down to location location location. There are a lot of expats renting in my building and its obviously a good area for the single white male. I know all of them and they are all paying a minimum of 30k for 1 bedroom 70sqm condos and a bit more for the studios 17,00k for a 35sqm

off the plan the one bedders were around 4.8m bht for a 30k return

Thats around a 8% return compared to your place at 2.5%. Pretty good return

A lot of buyers make the mistake of not thinking they will rent out their condos and buy for their needs only.

true enough regarding location and no offense but Suk 13 is not the same as on the river. Yes different strokes for different folks I guess. The SWM no doubt will like your area better ;) because of the close proximity to um ahh shopping. :lol:

true enough regarding location and no offense but Suk 13 is not the same as on the river. Yes different strokes for different folks I guess. The SWM no doubt will like your area better ;) because of the close proximity to um ahh shopping. :lol:

Its always about the shopping :)

However people keep snapping them up when launched.

But I wonder how many of the purchasers were motivated mainly by an expectation of continued price appreciation? Do you really think it's likely with everything that is going on around the world that Bangkok property prices will keep increasing when simultaneously Shanghai and Beijing are slashing their condominium prices by 30%? What makes Bangkok so special that it deserves such premium?

Edited by khaan

^^^^^ khaan,

what makes Bkk special is the fact its unique, there is only one Bkk.

It may come as a surprise to you, however there are people who,

a. chose to live here.

b. can afford to live here and pay the price being asked.

c. can afford to walk away if need be.

Do you really think the people snapping up 75 million baht condos are sinking their life savings into them? Of course not.

As a rule people with money tend to be a lot smarter than your average condo flipper, dumb people dont get rich unless, they have inherited their wealth, or got very lucky.

Many here, myself included dont give a monkeys about KH, Singapore or Shanghai and Beijing.

We are here because we want to be, if I chose not to be here I can walk away tomorrow.

Many chose to buy because this is where they chose to live, not to try and turn a quick buck.

Any price increase will be seen as nothing more than a bonus, and prove they were right to purchase at the price they did.

So what if they start building condos across the road from me at 30% cheaper, how does that affect me.

For Zippy, I personally think your condo for price and location is a bargain, not that I would ever consider living there, my lack of Nigerian language skills would propbably make life somewhat frustrating trying to converse with the local vendors.

^^^^^ khaan,

a. chose to live here.

Do you really think the people snapping up 75 million baht condos are sinking their life savings into them? Of course not.

As a rule people with money tend to be a lot smarter than your average condo flipper, dumb people dont get rich unless, they have inherited their wealth, or got very lucky.

Many here, myself included dont give a monkeys about KH, Singapore or Shanghai and Beijing.

We are here because we want to be, if I chose not to be here I can walk away tomorrow.

Absolutely 100% agree !

lets see now... what should I buy for me and my family.... A safe high dry condo ....or????

enough said :)

What is the purpose of having a safe high dry condo if you have to swim to the local 7/11 anyway?

it is quite evident who all the condo owners are in this thread :lol:

They are too embarrassed to admit that the tables have turned on them because Bangkok has now become a place

where if you want to live there you need complete flexibility and to be able to move if the need arises at the drop of a hat.

Condo ownership does not give you that flexibility ;)

better to rent your accommodation in Bangkok and invest your money in one of the other

many equally good and dry ( and not sinking ) markets around the world.

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry4834449

Floods Likely To Renew Interest In Condos: Thailand

Makes perfect sense to me.

Good luck with your "international" investment portfolio, but you certainly dont post like a content millionaire playboy so I somehow doubt it. Packing up and leaving at the drop of a hat is a euphemism for... sh#t , Im out of money, time to go home LOL :D

You know its true ;)

And who wrote that article?...............Right,those who have massive interests in the sale of new condo's.

My thoughts are that the price of houses in the Nong Pladuk area will rise out of the pan in the next 3 months.

By the way if anyone is interested I have a house for sale in that area :lol:

Need some more predictions regarding the future of real estate?

Actually, parts of Bangkok were historically swamp and other parts weren't. Airport the new one is most definitely swamp, and the decision on how it was built in that part of the city is partly why Minburi and others on the east side of the city are underwater now; that's how the water used to flow.

Much of the inner city is reasonably solid sand. Water table is high, but that's not surprising given the geography. Using ground water is declining substantially now compared to 10 years ago.

Replacing the klongs and canals with roads works as long as you have the means to shift the water away quickly. Bangkok has that, which is why flash floods occur ocassionally but not with great regularity and the degree is usually reasonable and certainly on par with other cities with similar rainfall stats.

What Bangkok cannot cope with is the vast amount of water flowing south, partly caused by lousy management of the watershed since July (particularly in August/Sept) and partly caused by long term lack of planning to divert the water in a 1 in 50 year volume.

A sinking city doesn't help, but this would be a non issue with a few LA style bypasses for flooding and some high pressure pumps similar to what is used now for areas like Dindaeng...but going all the way to the sea - current ones dump back into the river south of Bangkok (if we care enough to allow Samut Prakarn to stay dry, not part of BMA though).

Incidentally, the Economist is not so strong for facts regarding countries or people in the corners of the world (reliably 'average' when writing on countries like the Pacific Islands, NZ, Thailand, etc - par for the course when you have stretched editorial staff covering multiple countries; I think the Thailand correspondent was covering 4 countries at one point a few years back).

As with most of their political coverage of Thailand, it's not the stuff of substance that we get served weekly regarding USA, UK, world finance or even some very novel and interesting topics. Compulsory reading over breakfast, sure... but with a little salt. For the eggs, they don't give you high blood pressure by themselves you know!

Now, regarding the so called GLUT. I cannot see this clear cut difference between Thai Chinese and Thais nearly as easily as some posters. The line is far less clear than other countries with widespread Chinese migration, with a much closer sharing of values; most of the Thai Chinese I know and work with, less than 1/2 would be full Chinese, most are mixed. I know plenty of money hungry pure Thais, and plenty of highly religious Chinese Thais.

The glut of condos is not supported by statistics or facts of the market (also due to non transparency); and even if there is over supply the latest promotions by the government will continue to distort the new /2nd hand market differential which is accentuated by access to finance. Access to transportation makes some sizeable differences between 2 buildings 100m apart now; the right buildings and right locations will always sell. And are selling now.

What I DO think we may see is a continuing drop in the popularity of further out estates, and a continuing shift towards the inner city; not just from flooding but also from transportation. Also...the government's market distorting crazy 1st home scheme is aimed at creating demand for mid priced condos mostly, and the benefits accrue to tax payers; many of whom work in the inner city. While the also market distorting car scheme might have previously helped the estates in suburban Bangkok, that one is mostly dead in the water literally, as the number of cars available to buy that are part of the scheme designed to basically enrich Honda/Toyota and their suppliers just slumped severely.

When you have the leaders (Prueksa, L&H, Q House, LPN) and even the me-toos of the property sector starting to do condos (SC Asset for instance) you know this is a shift in the WAY in which Thai people will live. Fact is, the average 26-30 year old looking to move out of the family house no longer thinks they want a house; more than 50% expect to live in a condo so they don't have to spend their time in a car. That's a huge shift from 2004, when condos were relatively new.

There are substantial differences between condos built now and condos built even 8 years ago at the top end of the market; which is why some have appreciated so much, while others drop. Costs to build (supply side) keep climbing. So you have the strategy at the bottom end (LPN for instance) getting more and more efficient at delivering and keeping prices relatively steady, and at the top end (the true top end, St Regis, Sukhothai, Ritz-Carlton) delivering condos that are worthy of the world's rich...perhaps beyond the reach of the average millionaire, but for which there is a substantial market of people who previously would live in their own housing estate - I believe St Regis and Ritz-Carlton are both mostly Thais who have bought; Sukhothai 50 50.

Steveromagnino even if you are right about what you've written ( and there is no guarantee that you are even remotely so ) then it still comes down to the fact who in their right mind would want to buy real estate with the real risk that you have to write off the investment over 50 years?:blink:

This means you need to value the property as you would when it is leasehold and nothing more which makes some of Bangkok's condominium developments very expensive indeed.

International Experts: Bangkok to be Submerged under Water in 50 Years

http://www.thaivisa....tional-experts/

Did I mention EARTHQUAKES yet why do people still buy in San Andreaqs Fault area????? London also sinking yet huse prices still rising there are many places you SHOULDNT build but people do nd it sells BKK is NO different.

^^^^^ khaan,

a. chose to live here.

Many chose to buy because this is where they chose to live, not to try and turn a quick buck.

Any price increase will be seen as nothing more than a bonus, and prove they were right to purchase at the price they did.

So what if they start building condos across the road from me at 30% cheaper, how does that affect me.

For Zippy, I personally think your condo for price and location is a bargain, not that I would ever consider living there, my lack of Nigerian language skills would propbably make life somewhat frustrating trying to converse with the local vendors.

And rgs2001uk do you really think 75 million baht condos are representative of the market as a whole in Bangkok :lol:?

I suggest you go back and have another swig of your champagne ! I don't think you're somewhat unconventional

view of not caring if your property is affected by a 30% potential drop in value is what most people have in mind when they decide to buy

somewhere or not. But then again I recently heard of a woman who paid $10,000 for a piece of nonvisible artwork

so there really is no accounting for " taste " ?:whistling:

Edited by khaan

Running out of money has nothing to do with it.

Packing up and leaving at the drop of a hat is because the water would have arrived yet again

and don't forget the La Nina conditions can last up to 2 years so you cannot possibly

tell that you will not experience the same thing again in the next monsoon season.

If you can't recognise the potential folly of investing in real estate where experts

are now predicting that within 50 years the city will be underwater then I can only imagine you are a

condominium owner yourself and you must feel uncertain? I can understand that :)

Unless Bangkok condominium prices were now dirt cheap ( which they are not ) I'm sure there will be many people

who will reconsider their alternatives.

http://factoidz.com/...s-get-it-wrong/

Dont worry your'e not alone...............

I like this one being from the UK......

"Very interesting, Whittle, my boy, but it will never work."

Cambridge Aeronautics Professor, when shown Frank Whittle's plan for the jet engine, before 1930

Edited by travelmann

I must say that I am quite perplexed as why the ownership or non-ownership of condos in BKK is such a hot issue.

For those of us who own, hey, we're happy.

We aren't trying to push ownership down anyone's throat....so why is it that those who don't own see us as such an issue?

I am very pleased that the non owners are so very concerned that we, the owners, may lose money or that our investments may not be sound (according to "experts"). Thank-you for that.

At the end of the day, its OUR decision to own and yours not to own.

Simple.

My view hasn't changed about BKK because of the flooding. I still love it and enjoy iiving here.

I must say that I am quite perplexed as why the ownership or non-ownership of condos in BKK is such a hot issue.

We aren't trying to push ownership down anyone's throat....so why is it that those who don't own see us as such an issue?

I am very pleased that the non owners are so very concerned that we, the owners, may lose money or that our investments may not be sound (according to "experts"). Thank-you for that.

Simple.

My view hasn't changed about BKK because of the flooding. I still love it and enjoy iiving here.

People are annoyed That the Condo market hasnt crashed. Why is it every where else in the west crashed in 2008 but Thailand hasnt?

The number 1 reason is simple NO SUBPRIME exposure! so its not going to happen.

Its ironic but a good mate of mine has been waiting 7 years for the Baht and the Condo market to implode and was a keen buyer however he got frustrated and parked his money in a second condo in the USA and rents here but wouldn't you know it, USA market crashed big time, he is screwed.

BKK is a vibrant exciting city and Im not going anywhere and enjoy being my own boss a luxury renters will never get.

And rgs2001uk do you really think 75 million baht condos are representative of the market as a whole in Bangkok :lol:?

I suggest you go back and have another swig of your champagne ! I don't think you're somewhat unconventional

view of not caring if your property is affected by a 30% potential drop in value is what most people have in mind when they decide to buy

somewhere or not. But then again I recently heard of a woman who paid $10,000 for a piece of nonvisible artwork

so there really is no accounting for " taste " ?:whistling:

Quote " I don't think you're somewhat unconventional

somewhere or not."

Ah you are refering to speculators then, there are others who buy a place to live in, after choosing a location and paying what they consider a fair price most are content with their choice.

Its all paper loses anyway, I have properties elsewhere that if they suffer a 30% drop in value, what does it matter, 30% drop of what value, the current price or the price I bought the properties for years ago. I havent mentioned the % increase in value from my purchase price.

Going by your logic, if I choose today to pay 4 million for a BMW I should be upset if tomorrow a neighbour shows up in his new 1 million baht Toyota.

I remember the "financial gurus" telling me all I needed was $100k, put down a $20k payment on 5 properties and rent out the properties for 1/100 th of the purchase price, easy money cant lose they told. I declined their advice then, sadly they dont seem to be posting these days, trust they didnt get their fingers burnt.

This is Thailand, it doesnt work the same as the west, its a different mindset, these people are wired differently, their hopes dreams and aspirations arent the same as yours.

To quote a previous post of yours,

"But I wonder how many of the purchasers were motivated mainly by an expectation of continued price appreciation?"

Some may be motivated by a regular income, in the form of rent, as opposed to capital growth.

I dont know and neither do you, I dont really care either way.

Not everyone is motivated by profit, there are many Thais I know whose prime reason for purchase was location, as in location to their place of work.

These properties are viewed as nothing more than a hotel room that is lived in Mon to Thurs with the owner going elsewhere at the weekend.

Are you aware of how the Thai mortgage application system works?

The west could learn a great deal from it.

For the last 14 years since the '97 financial crisis I have heard nothing but doom and gloom, and every year the doubters have been wrong.

Too many seem to think they can take a western business model/concept and superimpose it here, they then fail to understand why things didnt react as they expected.

Seen them come and seen them go, even seen some come back again for another bite of the cherry, problem is they didnt learn anything the first time.

Dear Zorro1 and rgs2001uk,

so true !

BKK and Thailand IS different. Its not the UK, the US or anywhere else in the old world....its Asia. Its exciting and its vibrant.

I'm sure that we are all quite comfortable with what we have done....as in purchasing.

Mind you, we really should be so grateful that these posters of gloom and doom are so concerned about us and our properties !

Edited by london

Simple.

My sense is its jealousy more than anything as the probably don't have the cash to buy themselves.

London writes: "From my experience, the number of foreigners who have come for a "cheap" retirement because they expect Asia to be cheap and then finding it the same, or more costly, as their home is, just staggers me.....and its not just Thailand!"

Indeed, just try renting an apartment in Mumbai!

London writes: "my rule is: IF you are going to live in a foreign country, you must have a lifestyle AT LEAST as comfortable and to the same standard as you would in your own country. If not, why would you do it ? I am sure that you would agree."

I for one do not. The basic two (sex, money) plus personal and financial freedoms. I am happy to be inconvenienced and even spend more if I can live cheaper, save more money, get laid easier and feel less government breathing down my neck. Sometimes being a foreigner/tourist makes these things easier, even if one is living in a dictatorship. I am not saying that Thailand is the best choice for all of these factors. If one can get over the language. food and cultural problems of being a foreigner, doing business in so-called Communist China may in fact be easier than in technically not socialist USA.

I feel like I am living in prison in Canada, despite the wonderful swimming pools, libraries and prosperity. I like being an anonymous outsider! And I am happy to pay for the privelege!

London writes: "From my experience, the number of foreigners who have come for a "cheap" retirement because they expect Asia to be cheap and then finding it the same, or more costly, as their home is, just staggers me.....and its not just Thailand!"

Indeed, just try renting an apartment in Mumbai!

London writes: "my rule is: IF you are going to live in a foreign country, you must have a lifestyle AT LEAST as comfortable and to the same standard as you would in your own country. If not, why would you do it ? I am sure that you would agree."

I for one do not. The basic two (sex, money) plus personal and financial freedoms. I am happy to be inconvenienced and even spend more if I can live cheaper, save more money, get laid easier and feel less government breathing down my neck. Sometimes being a foreigner/tourist makes these things easier, even if one is living in a dictatorship. I am not saying that Thailand is the best choice for all of these factors. If one can get over the language. food and cultural problems of being a foreigner, doing business in so-called Communist China may in fact be easier than in technically not socialist USA.

I feel like I am living in prison in Canada, despite the wonderful swimming pools, libraries and prosperity. I like being an anonymous outsider! And I am happy to pay for the privelege!

Good post and I agree, another example is a mate in Cambodia living on his pension. He gets a tuk tuk for $1 to his local market and loads up on fresh veggies fruit and Meat for a few $$. Sure the place stinks like an Abattoir and no air con in the tuk tuk but he is living life and having a ball. Back home its a boring mundane routine and no fun when your 60 is it?

Unfortunately BKK is changing getting more expensive and the biggest expense is accommodation. In the next several years the buyers sitting on the fence will be shocked to see that BKK property has priced them out of the market.

Unfortunately BKK is changing getting more expensive and the biggest expense is accommodation. In the next several years the buyers sitting on the fence will be shocked to see that BKK property has priced them out of the market.

Ermmm..:ermm: now let's see we have someone on Thai Visa are called " Hooters " predicting that property values will keep increasing

to the extent that people will be priced out of the market ( WOW ) versus Khun Anond Snidvongs, a climate change expert at the capital's Chulalongkorn University

who says "in 50 years... most of Bangkok will be below sea level "..........

now surely both people can't be right and I can't see property prices increasing if the capital potentially have such a limited life span?

Faced with the combined threats of land subsidence and rising temperatures and sea levels, the World Bank has predicted that Bangkok's flood risk will increase four-fold from now by 2050.

Bangkok is among the top 10 cities in the world facing the biggest potential impact from coastal flooding by 2070.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/09/09/business/Prices-for-top-end-condos-to-keep-rising-30164821.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/11/should-thailand-give-up-on-bangkok-and-move-its-capital/248330/

come on you real estate agents-time to stop flogging a dead horse :whistling:

Ermmm..:ermm: now let's see we have someone on Thai Visa are called " Hooters " predicting that property values will keep increasing

to the extent that people will be priced out of the market ( WOW ) versus Khun Anond Snidvongs, a climate change expert at the capital's Chulalongkorn University

now surely both people can't be right and I can't see property prices increasing if the capital potentially have such a limited life span?

Faced with the combined threats of land subsidence and rising temperatures and sea levels, the World Bank has predicted that Bangkok's flood risk will increase four-fold from now by 2050.

Bangkok is among the top 10 cities in the world facing the biggest potential impact from coastal flooding by 2070.

http://www.nationmul...g-30164821.html

http://www.theatlant...capital/248330/

LOL was trying to remember where i saw your nic before. Yesterday on the dog bite thread, you were asking how to defend your self when riding your pushbike :D

Have you even been to BKK? run along now this is the big boys thread ;)

I think that you may have misinterpreted what I said.

I used the word "lifestyle", not housing, not any financial consideration.

What you have said is what I am talking about: its LIFESTYLE !

You have chosen Thailand as the lifestyle is at least as comfortable and the same standard (or better) than what you would have had in your own country. Thats why you want to BE HERE !!

Dear Khaan,

can I ask: what is your point in posting constant negatives?

You obviously don't own property here, so really, whats your obsession with those who do?

Are you waiting to snatch a property at 50% of its current value in the next major flood or disaster that hits the country? If you are, then you will be on our side of the fence...an owner.

You and I both know that one "expert" is contradicted by another "expert".

No-one knows the future.

We base all our beliefs, investments and decisions on experience. In other words, the past.

Sure, Bangkok will flood again. Thats more than likely. But to think that the powers that be will just sit idly by after this last disaster and do nothing is a complete lack of understanding of human nature.

Humankind advances through adversity.

In war, you would be regarded as a fifth columnist. Constantly throwing in the negative.

If you honestly believe that Bangkok will be under water in 50 years, well, I am astounded that any logical thinker would believe this. As i mentioned to you in an earlier post: think of Jakarta or Venice....or for that matter, basically all of the Netherlands.

So tell us please, whats your real agenda?

By the way, its impolite to attack a person from their name. You don't know who "Hooters" is.....he could be your family doctor for all you know.

Dear Khaan,

can I ask: what is your point in posting constant negatives?

You obviously don't own property here, so really, whats your obsession with those who do?

Are you waiting to snatch a property at 50% of its current value in the next major flood or disaster that hits the country? If you are, then you will be on our side of the fence...an owner.

You and I both know that one "expert" is contradicted by another "expert".

No-one knows the future.

We base all our beliefs, investments and decisions on experience. In other words, the past.

Sure, Bangkok will flood again. Thats more than likely. But to think that the powers that be will just sit idly by after this last disaster and do nothing is a complete lack of understanding of human nature.

Humankind advances through adversity.

In war, you would be regarded as a fifth columnist. Constantly throwing in the negative.

If you honestly believe that Bangkok will be under water in 50 years, well, I am astounded that any logical thinker would believe this. As i mentioned to you in an earlier post: think of Jakarta or Venice....or for that matter, basically all of the Netherlands.

So tell us please, whats your real agenda?

By the way, its impolite to attack a person from their name. You don't know who "Hooters" is.....he could be your family doctor for all you know.

what is my agenda?

More to the point what is your agenda? If you believe so strongly in your convictions why do you even need to bother

to come back on this thread and keep defending your position?

I have no agenda other than to counteract you people on here that constantly spew garbage that the Bangkok

condominium market is totally impervious to every crisis that is thrown at it :lol:the only market in the whole world that can only keep rising and nothing else. it's laughable !You don't just have the problem that Bangkok is sinking - on top of that you also have a rapidly deteriorating global banking system that looks like it's heading into a tailspin. China was supposed to be the one big saviour for the entire world economy to make up for Europe and USA. And what is happening to real estate prices there? 30% discounts :lol: you are not interested in looking at things objectively? you talk in the same way just like these people who flog timeshare.

Reading your posts is like the same kind of assurances I get from e-mails sent from real estate agents

or at worst " businessmen " from Nigeria.

I'll be looking for you on the street corners shouting HURRY HURRY !! get your Bangkok condominium bargain now

before prices go up :cheesy:

Edited by khaan

LOL was trying to remember where i saw your nic before. Yesterday on the dog bite thread, you were asking how to defend your self when riding your pushbike :D

Have you even been to BKK? run along now this is the big boys thread ;)

I don't see your point?no I don't live in Bangkok ( although I used to

before the pollution got to me ) but I still live in Thailand and I use my bicycle to exercise

because it's not healthy to sit in my car all the time?

" this is the big boys thread " - yes that is what people should be worried about?:unsure:

Edited by khaan

I have no agenda other than to counteract you people on here that constantly spew garbage that the Bangkok

condominium market is totally impervious to every crisis that is thrown at it :lol:the only market in the whole world that can only keep rising and nothing else

Well, you obviously aren't comprehending what is being said.

No-one has said that the Bangkok condo market can keep rising and nothing else. Thats your interpretation of whats being said and its clearly wrong.

you talk in the same way just like these people who flog timeshare

mmm, I have noticed that you are fond of insulting rather than informing. I will take that as the insult it is meant to be.

Reading your posts is like the same kind of assurances I get from e-mails sent from real estate agents

I'll be looking for you on the street corners shouting HURRY HURRY !! get your Bangkok condominium bargain now

before prices go up

Well, its simple, don't read them. They obviously upset you.

The fact is, we will never agree. Its that simple.

Simple.

100% agree!

btw, IMO, non-owners are not concerned about owners' investments...I believe it's closer to the Aesop fable about the fox and "sour grapes"

"The fox who longed for grapes, beholds with pain

the tempting clusters were too high to gain;

Grieved in his heart he forced a careless smile,

and cried ,‘They’re sharp and hardly worth my while"

Aphra Behn, 1687

>I think that you may have misinterpreted what I said.

i often do that. I am an expert.

>I used the word "lifestyle", not housing, not any financial consideration. What you have said is what I am talking about: its LIFESTYLE !

Yes.

>You have chosen Thailand as the lifestyle is at least as comfortable and the same standard (or better) than what you would have had in your own country. Thats why you want to BE HERE !!

Clarification... The reason I am here is because

1. I have friends here in Pattaya and BKK

2. Both have their advantages (yes, affordable lifestyle)

3. BKK is a hub for S.E. Asia which is my favorite region of the world

But in fact I DON'T exactly live here. I just come by to sort through my bags enroute to somewhere else. And I am not in love with the place. I complain a lot about Thailand but in fact keep coming back. All-round Siam is a suitable temporary home-base even though for individual factors (food, doing business, nature, banking etc) there are several countries I like better. And more to discover, via BKK of course.

>I think that you may have misinterpreted what I said.

i often do that. I am an expert.

>I used the word "lifestyle", not housing, not any financial consideration. What you have said is what I am talking about: its LIFESTYLE !

Yes.

>You have chosen Thailand as the lifestyle is at least as comfortable and the same standard (or better) than what you would have had in your own country. Thats why you want to BE HERE !!

Clarification... The reason I am here is because

1. I have friends here in Pattaya and BKK

2. Both have their advantages (yes, affordable lifestyle)

3. BKK is a hub for S.E. Asia which is my favorite region of the world

But in fact I DON'T exactly live here. I just come by to sort through my bags enroute to somewhere else. And I am not in love with the place. I complain a lot about Thailand but in fact keep coming back. All-round Siam is a suitable temporary home-base even though for individual factors (food, doing business, nature, banking etc) there are several countries I like better. And more to discover, via BKK of course.

Enjoy Hermespan !!

condominium market is totally impervious to every crisis that is thrown at it :lol:the only market in the whole world that can only keep rising and nothing else

Well, you obviously aren't comprehending what is being said.

No-one has said that the Bangkok condo market can keep rising and nothing else. Thats your interpretation of whats being said and its clearly wrong.

you talk in the same way just like these people who flog timeshare

mmm, I have noticed that you are fond of insulting rather than informing. I will take that as the insult it is meant to be.

before prices go up

Well, its simple, don't read them. They obviously upset you.

The fact is, we will never agree. Its that simple.

you say nobody has said property prices can keep rising and nothing else ? then how do you describe what " hooters "

says here ?

" In the next several years the buyers sitting on the fence will be shocked to see that BKK property has priced them out of the market. " :ermm:

I don't see anything insulting in saying that someone who seems reluctant to consider the negative aspects

is using a similar approach to those who try to sell the benefits of timeshare?

and your posts don't upset me at all...................they amuse me :lol:

Edited by khaan