True Move Not Renewing Asn Contract?

TenDreams

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a scrolling message on the tube last night that ASN is being replaced by TRACE sports-any guesses what that is? (Besides free for true to trial for a year I guess)

James, I believe I'm familiar with that network... I think True wanted to pick a channel that's more reflective of their overall programming approach...

I think you'll really enjoy watching the "Total Rubbish and Cr*p Everyday (TRACE)" channel.... :D

Saw a scrolling message on the tube last night that ASN is being replaced by TRACE sports-any guesses what that is? (Besides free for true to trial for a year I guess)

If it is TRACE Sports, I found this online:

TRACE Sports is a new HD TV Channel proposing factual entertainment and lifestyle content exclusively dedicated to sports celebrities.

It will provide you behind-the-scene access to sports celebrities, gateway to the intimate life of the athletes, essence and in-depth understanding of the sports icons, inspiration to go above and beyond, emotional connection with the champions, energy and motivation to be better, bigger, higher and bolder in life...

Doesn't sound much like anything in which I would be interested.

^^ Thanks for the link but I can't get anything to run all I get is a black screen on most and on the ones that have some info I click the links and it keeps bringing me back to my original location?..

Am I doing something wrong? BTW tried ABC Disney and Fox channels..

Clicking 'Live TV' gets me a choice of programmes from Thursday 25 August 2011.

Edit: I also get a black screen.

Edited by PattayaParent

TRACE Sports is a new HD TV Channel proposing factual entertainment and lifestyle content exclusively dedicated to sports celebrities.

It will provide you behind-the-scene access to sports celebrities, gateway to the intimate life of the athletes, essence and in-depth understanding of the sports icons, inspiration to go above and beyond, emotional connection with the champions, energy and motivation to be better, bigger, higher and bolder in life...

Sounds like another gossip channel.

In reply to warpspeed.

According to the jsat wesite they still supply astro and put you in touch with a supplier of legit cards.

This is what I did when I bought my system from a dealer in Nakhon Pathom. They installedall the equipment and got the card from a contact in bkk. The card is paid for and not pirated.

Thanks for that I'll look that up then..

:sick:

^^ Thanks for the link but I can't get anything to run all I get is a black screen on most and on the ones that have some info I click the links and it keeps bringing me back to my original location?..

Am I doing something wrong? BTW tried ABC Disney and Fox channels..

Clicking 'Live TV' gets me a choice of programmes from Thursday 25 August 2011.

Edit: I also get a black screen.

Yep :(

Looks like it will be Victoria Beckham 24/7 then, perfect for Thailand i think.

Edited by kartman

Well, it's confirmed by ASN (from their forums) and 1Sky (GMM Grammy-called them today) that they will be carrying ASN starting in Oct-Nov of this year.

Hi TH

Thank you for your continuing support for ASN. We greatly value your

comments and feedback which are very important to us.

We are pleased to inform you that ASN will be launched with our new

partner GMM on the 1Sky platform (Under the Grammy GMM brand) in October

We have enjoyed a good relationship with True Visions but were

unfortunately unable to agree commercial terms for a renewal. The channel

will, therefore, cease broadcasting on True Visions on 30th September

Please contact 1Sky Grammy directly for subscription information:

- 1-Sky's Call Center number is +662-841-8888 or please send your

requirement to [email protected] and they will assist you duly.

We hope the above information is helpful and please spread the word to all

your friends and fans who are currently watching ASN so they can keep

watching.

We sincerely thank you for your support.Should you have any further

questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] also.

Thanks,

ASN

Article on 1- Sk from the Nation earlier this month,

GMM, 1-Sky tie-up looks to energise satellite tv

By Watchiranont Thongtep

The Nation

Published on September 15, 2011

Free channel grouping offered to content producers

www.GROUPON.hk/HongkongThe satellite broadcasting industry is set for a shake-up now that GMM Grammy's broadcasting subsidiary has joined forces with five local dish manufacturers and traders to sell its 1-Sky platform for satellite channels.

GMM Broadcasting will offer channel grouping to content producers free of charge to broadcast their programmes to about half of the viewers with access to satellite-TV content via C-Band.

GMM Broadcasting managing director Dew Waratangtagoon yesterday said the company expected that 3 million 1-Sky set-top boxes would be sold this year and 5 million by the end of next year, including other set-top boxes upgraded via its over-the-air software.

The 1-Sky set-top boxes are slated to launch next week at a cost of Bt800.

Under the deal for 1-Sky to offer channel grouping for content producers at no charge, channels 1 to 10 will be prepared for free TV, 11 to 29 for movie channels, 30 to 49 for variety shows, 80 to 99 for news and updates, and the remainder for special-interest content.

Dew said the company and its partners were aiming for changes in the industry, especially for content producers that want to broadcast their programmes on satellite channels but who must pay additional costs to a satellite broadcasting platform provider to lock the best-ranked channels that are easy to recognise among target audiences.

It is understood that each content producer currently has to pay more than Bt1 million a month for the privilege.

"This is an unfair trade condition for content producers, especially major players," he said.

Meanwhile, Niran Tangpiroontham, managing director of Infosat and president of the Satellite Dish Club, said 1-Sky set-top boxes could be plugged into the C-Band satellite sets of Infosat, iDeaSat, DynaSat, Thai Sat and Leo Sat, which account for almost 50 per cent of the dishes in the country.

The rest of the market has been dominated by PSI Holdings for more than two decades, Niran said.

Dew said that with the 1-Sky platform, GMM Broadcasting expected to achieve overall revenue of Bt700 million this year. It generated Bt350 million last year.

TH

You all might be pleased to know that after searching high and low True Visions (UBC) has come up with a replacement to ASN (that fits into their budget) and will sign a contract with the 'Syncronised Swimming Channel' soon. Looking forward too it with anticipation! :cheesy:

Email sent to True Visions and their response:

True Visions,

What is going on?

No NFL games???????

THIS THE THE ONLY REASON I HAVE CONTINUED WITH TRUE VISIONS. THE ONLY REASON, AND NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME I CAN REMEMBER IN THAILAND, THERE IS NO NFL ON IBC/UBC/TRUE.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?

GET THE NFL GAMES BACK ON!!!! THIS WEEKEND!

OTHERWISE I WILL CANCEL ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH TRUE.

Dear Mr. Wilem:

TrueVisions Cable Public Company Limited would like to inform that the company will terminate the broadcasting

of ASN (All Sports Network) on 30 September 2011. TrueVisions would like to apologize for this inconvenience

and would like to offer other World's leading sports channels such as the following:

No. Channel

True Sport 1

True Sport 2

True Sport 3

True Sport 4

True Sport 6

ESPN

Star Sports

Golf Channel Thailand

TrueVisions hope to continuously improve our service in order to bring you the best viewing experience. We are happy to announce the launch of TRACE Sports, a new sport channel. TRACE will replace ASN, All Sports Network, on TrueVisions channel 110 from 1 October 2011. Our apologies for any inconvenience incurred.

Should you have any further inquiry, suggestion, or comment, please do not hesitate to contact us at 02-7252525 between 8:00 am - 22:00 pm or[email protected] between 9:00 am -18:00 pm

Thank you for your kindness and continued support.

<br style="line-height: 24px; ">oh boy......

Hello True TV

Terrible response.....

I ALREADY KNOW YOU'VE TERMINATED ASN!

You did not say a single word about NFL games.

I don't care about anything else, do not care about Trace, all those other soccer channels, etc.

Will you have NFL games on TS3 or TS 4????

Edited by rwilem

As of midnight this morning (Saturday) ASN channel has been pulled from service. I called this morning as the 11th complainer. The call center girl said simply that True Visions could not negotiate a contract and so ASN was pulled by them without warning.

Please call the Call Center at 02 725 2525 press 9 for English and file a complaint. No NFL, NASCAR, NHL unless the channel is reinstated.

Amazing Thailand! :hit-the-fan:

:realangry: So, now we get soccer, soccer, soccer, when that is done we can watch soccer, soccer, soccer, and after you have had enough soccer, you can then watch soccer, soccer, soccer, and then just a little more soccer.

I am sure I have not missed anything, especially soccer, this is SO bad because I hate soccer. :angry::annoyed::realangry::annoyed:

You should try watching some football instead then, they have pretty good coverage of the English Premier League every week.

It's much better than that Major League Soccer.

Football ..or as the yanks want to call it soccer....is the worlds most popular sport,both for playing and watching. American ball games appeal far far less to the discerning supporters...apart from yanksrolleyes.gif...I would say though that the Australian rules games are very good....

:realangry: So, now we get soccer, soccer, soccer, when that is done we can watch soccer, soccer, soccer, and after you have had enough soccer, you can then watch soccer, soccer, soccer, and then just a little more soccer.

I am sure I have not missed anything, especially soccer, this is SO bad because I hate soccer. :angry::annoyed::realangry::annoyed:

You should try watching some football instead then, they have pretty good coverage of the English Premier League every week.

Football ..or as the yanks want to call it soccer....is the worlds most popular sport,both for playing and watching. American ball games appeal far far less to the discerning supporters...apart from yanksrolleyes.gif...I would say though that the Australian rules games are very good....

As a matter of interest.....has any American football player....minus their body protections!!rolleyes.gifever played for any Rugby or Rugby League teams...or do they think its too hard for them.cool.gif

As a matter of interest.....has any American football player....minus their body protections!!rolleyes.gifever played for any Rugby or Rugby League teams...or do they think its too hard for them.cool.gif

Rugby in the US is a fringe sport, so no athlete who can play NFL will opt to playing for free on weekends. However, rugby is my personal sport, and I have played with many ex-NFL players. I also know several Americans who played for professional teams in other countries.

Inferring athletic superiority with a wink by asking how many people from country A play country B's sport is rather ethnocentric. You might was well ask if any westerners play buzkashi to infer that Central Asians are tougher than us.

Regarldess, this thread is for people who are upset that True pulled ASN. There are plenty of other threads on other sports.

No, it's too easy for them, no real thinking or strategy required, just brawn :rolleyes: ..

I think you'll find that there is a market for it here too as there is even a weekly Thai highlights program listed to follow and educate on American football and there are flag football leagues here as well.. How do you think the interest in those other sports you mention came to the fore??

I always watch the nfl on those free streaming sites anyways because asn almost never has the game you really wanna see; which is the team you root for .. but often it breaks up and is in low res ofcource.. if you don't mind blowing 80buks a month you can get the nfl directly from nfl.com and watch whichever game you want in hd and can supposedly watch 4 games at once (assuming bandwith would allow)

Or, get yourself a U.S. IP address and then pay $30 for a full season subscription to NFL Game Rewind...

And watch online, video on demand every and any regular season game you want, when you want.... starting no later than 24 hours after the completion of the live game.

The season subscription buys you the full 2011 regular season as well as all the regular season games from 2010 and most of the regular season games from 2009.

All commercial free and half-time reports excluded as well.

All for the less than the price of a one-month TrueVisions gold package payment.

If you wouldn't mind explainiing how to do this I for one would be interested

Or, get yourself a U.S. IP address and then pay $30 for a full season subscription to NFL Game Rewind...

And watch online, video on demand every and any regular season game you want, when you want.... starting no later than 24 hours after the completion of the live game.

The season subscription buys you the full 2011 regular season as well as all the regular season games from 2010 and most of the regular season games from 2009.

All commercial free and half-time reports excluded as well.

All for the less than the price of a one-month TrueVisions gold package payment.

Edited by dinger

Not Happy. I was looking forward to watching the NCAA FB games this evening.

I'm not sure how to down grade my service. Do I take my box and card that's in it to the service center at Siam Center (I'm in Chiang Mai) and do the down grade there???

Thanks

Shamas O"D

Not Happy. I was looking forward to watching the NCAA FB games this evening.

I'm not sure how to down grade my service. Do I take my box and card that's in it to the service center at Siam Center (I'm in Chiang Mai) and do the down grade there???

Shamas O"D

It depends on what you mean/intend by "down grade."

If you want to cancel your True UBC service entirely, then yes, you'd probably best go to your local True UBC shop to turn in the cable decoder box and card, and finish out the account.

But if you just want to change to a less expensive monthly plan with True, since ASN is no longer part of their Platinum and Silver packages, you don't need to change your box or card for that... Usually just a phone call to TrueVisions, or sometimes a shop visit, will suffice. The card and the box stay the same... True just re-programs the settings on your account for whatever new package you select...

I would suggest that each and every one of you email with a controlled condemnation of what True is up to. You have no idea how many of you there are but continue your posts on TV and send an email every day to True. What do you have to lose? Tell them how disgusted you are that they have no consideration of their customers. Maybe send two or three emails a day. The more the better. What else can you do? Have fun in expressing your view.

I agree and have already sent an email to them at [email protected]

obviously ASN wanted to charge them more than the crappy station they now have on....DISGUSTING ....i hope every one will take time to send them a bunch of emails...doubt it will help but can't hurt...

i just signed up a month ago and the ONLY reason i did so was to watch some American Sports....so now one month later with football just starting and zero notice they just drop it....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....i plan to give them a month to get it back or they will lose my subscrition....not that they will care....

Am so glad True canceled ASN or how else would I get to watch womens sync floor dancing and coming up later 12yr and under go cart racing.

Called customer service yesterday and after I expressed my diistain with their decision they asked me if I would like them to cancel my account. I told them no thank you I am going to do that in person on Monday

At least so far they haven't found a way to f up the rugby world cup

It all comes down to money... ASN wanted some, and True wasn't willing to pay any...

They only started the ASN service a year or two ago.... So their original deal must have been pretty short term... Interesting....

Back when I had the higher level TrueVisions package that included ASN, ASN was pretty much the only TrueVisions channel I'd ever watch...at least during football season.... My wife, on the other hand, would watch the Thai local channels.

I'm sad to see ASN go, because they were, unfortunately, the best mass market option for NFL football available in Thailand... But it makes me kind of glad I beat True to the punch, by dumping their higher level service plans before they dumped ASN.

As for the prospect of True reconsidering their decision, don't hold your breath.... Sometime back, as I recall, the Brits went thru the same thing when True dumped one of their channels, BBC Entertainment, I think.

Once it's gone, it's gone... True isn't likely going to reverse course, no matter how many customers complain.

But I must say, classy move by True to dump ASN right at the start of the NFL season.... I'm sure that happened to be the timing of their contract... But still.... :bah:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Actually True is somewhat correct in saying their contract with ASN has expired. What they aren't saying is that ASN is now only available in HD format, something TRUE can't support either on their DSTV or fiber service, which their much bragged about 11 new HD channels, thus the company statement, maybe sometime in the future.

I went to Paradise Mall yesterday to kill the following true accounts:

1. Priemiun DSTV account

2. Two smart phone numbers as well as data service

3. Internet account

When I got to the mall I discovered the True shop boarded up, out of business. Immeditatly went to our bank and canceled True's ability to take payments from our bank. Now it's up to True to contact me to retrive their junky DSTV equipment. Why should I bother taking time to find them when they don't care about me?

If one doesn't think True has power in this country just ask why this blog has killed any comments on this subject.