Lady Drinks In Cm

muchogra

Just last week my son and I stayed at the Imperial Mae Ping for a few days. One night, after dinner, we went for a stroll. It then started raining. So we went into this area with many bars and a muay thai stage to shelter from the rain. The rain seemed not to be stopping for a while. I then ordered a large bottle of beer (B130) and started playing some pool. My son ordered a shot of JW Black (B120). These prices were fine.

While I was playing pool, my son bought 6 lady drinks (JW Black and Red) within an hour. Each was B120, which was fine too. Upon presented the bill, the bar added B40 to each of the 6 lady drinks. Is that customary in that area or in CM all over?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your actual question, no that certainly does not happen in BKK or Pattaya. Sure you buy the drink in lieu of her company and time of which she gets a cut from the bar, but have never heard of the bar charging an extra 40 baht for each drink. And 120 baht is about right in most places like that. :rolleyes:

To answer your actual question, no that certainly does not happen in BKK or Pattaya. Sure you buy the drink in lieu of her company and time of which she gets a cut from the bar, but have never heard of the bar charging an extra 40 baht for each drink. And 120 baht is about right in most places like that. :rolleyes:

The regular drink costs 120.. They didnt take a lolly water / orange juice they took the regular drink. And so the bar added the girls drink commission which wasnt excessive.

Standard practice from Hat Yai to Chiang Rai.

The regular drink costs 120.. They didnt take a lolly water / orange juice they took the regular drink. And so the bar added the girls drink commission which wasnt excessive.

Standard practice from Hat Yai to Chiang Rai.

Agreed, thought at first he said Lady drink was 120, now re-read it , his son's drink was 120, so LD would be extra, normal practice though is to put the full price on the bin chit

160 baht is pricey though, for Chiang Mai. Then again if they were having imported liquor then you'd expect that.

Adding 40 baht is common practise.

I usually ask the price first, when in a bar I'm not familiar with.

And I do prefer it when girls drink a 'proper' drink even when that costs a multiple of a standard colored-water drink.

Buying a 'lady drink' is the start of negotiations for buying the girl.

Disagree. Well, I suppose it can be, but more often than not it's just the proper thing to do when hanging out and chatting with someone.

40 baht per head more per drink for a lady female drinking companion, think yourself lucky.

There is a scam going on in Pattaya, which I have personally witnessed, where a gullible looking farang goes into a restaurant and orders a meal.

While eating his meal, a Thai girl begins chatting with the guy and convinces him to buy her a drink that appears as just being friendly all in innocence.

When his meal is finished and he receives the bill, there is an addition 2000 baht added for the hostess fee. If the guy tries to explain to the staff, who are of course all in with the scam, that he did not realise the girl was a hostess, he suddenly finds himself surrounded by men all very keen to beat the crap out the guy if he doesn’t pay up like a good boy and this is all done with the blessings of the police.

The best thing is to avoid these places or otherwise watch you’re backs and be on the alert for scams at all times.

lady drinks are always more.if you buy a imported drink then u pay more.thail whisky is cheaper.if you offer them a drink then u pay the extra.it is one way for the girls to make money.you don,t have to buy them a drink if you wish.you do have a choice.when i go there i buy a drink for my friends in the bar,i know they is a lady drink price.so i don,t mind,but buying 6 drinks can cost you.also look at the menu of drink prices before you buy a drink for yourself and the lady,they will be one on the bar and tables

Edited by bristolgeoff

40 baht per head more per drink for a lady female drinking companion, think yourself lucky.

There is a scam going on in Pattaya, which I have personally witnessed, where a gullible looking farang goes into a restaurant and orders a meal.

While eating his meal, a Thai girl begins chatting with the guy and convinces him to buy her a drink that appears as just being friendly all in innocence.

When his meal is finished and he receives the bill, there is an addition 2000 baht added for the hostess fee. If the guy tries to explain to the staff, who are of course all in with the scam, that he did not realise the girl was a hostess, he suddenly finds himself surrounded by men all very keen to beat the crap out the guy if he doesn't pay up like a good boy and this is all done with the blessings of the police.

The best thing is to avoid these places or otherwise watch you're backs and be on the alert for scams at all times.

Seriously?? What restaurants would that be?

Either way it wouldn't work on me; firstly not because I would most likely not buy anyone a drink who is blatantly hustling for one, secondly not because I'd ask the price, and thirdly not because there's no way I would have 2000 baht in my wallet. ;)

When his meal is finished and he receives the bill, there is an addition 2000 baht added for the hostess fee. If the guy tries to explain to the staff, who are of course all in with the scam, that he did not realise the girl was a hostess, he suddenly finds himself surrounded by men all very keen to beat the crap out the guy if he doesn’t pay up like a good boy and this is all done with the blessings of the police.

The best thing is to avoid these places or otherwise watch you’re backs and be on the alert for scams at all times.

Lived 5 years total in Pattaya/Jomtien and never heard of any such restaurant practise .Are you getting confused with clip joints on upper floors in Patpong Bangkok ?

To answer your actual question, no that certainly does not happen in BKK or Pattaya. Sure you buy the drink in lieu of her company and time of which she gets a cut from the bar, but have never heard of the bar charging an extra 40 baht for each drink. And 120 baht is about right in most places like that.

'in lieu' means 'instead of', I think you meant to say something like 'in exchange for'.

It is for some I think a misconception that if you want the company of a bar girl while drinking, regardless of whether you intent to leave with her that you have to pay 'ladies drink' prices.

If you are chatting with a girl and she asks, or you offer adrink, you simple tell her you're not buying her a 'ladies drink' but she can order anything, (in reason) 99% of the time, in my experience the girl or girls are more than happy with this. I've never had a problem doing this, with the girls or bar management. When the girls order there drink they generally tell the bar staff of the arrangement, there's never any discussion between them…….So it obvious, I'm not the only one doing this OK, I've never, nor would I even try and do this in a go go bar for example, I'm talking Beer bars. Never had a problem doing this.

Many persons who work in the bars, go-go's, and clubs earn either their Tips or some even their Salary on Lady Drinks.

Buying a drink is nothing more than a tip and thank you for their time.

Many bars, especially in the North do not pay the girls a salary. they work for Lady Drinks and Tips only.

Do not assume any of them are selling more than drinks and a good time chatting at the bar.

A Bar Fine also does not require anyone to go with you. A Bar Fine only pays for the inconvenience of the staff member leaving work.

Any extra curricular's are at the discretion of the Lady.

Edit: 120 for Black or Red label is pretty much a fair standard price, and the 40 baht extra is about a normal tip for the Lady Drink.

Most Bars usually just tell you the lady drink is 160 baht and your Black Label is 120.

Edited by KimoMax

To answer your actual question, no that certainly does not happen in BKK or Pattaya. Sure you buy the drink in lieu of her company and time of which she gets a cut from the bar, but have never heard of the bar charging an extra 40 baht for each drink. And 120 baht is about right in most places like that.

'in lieu' means 'instead of', I think you meant to say something like 'in exchange for'.

Did not realise mods were here to correct my poor use of the English language, I do apologise :whistling:

Bars have enough trouble just dealing with the Police, local Governments, and dealing with their Customers.

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand. Bars do not need any more legal problems than they already have.

By paying a Bar Fine, there is No Guarantee anything will happen other than the staff member getting to leave work early.

Most Bars are not in the Brothel Business, but many are skating around the law.

In the end, any extra curriculars are negotiable only between the customer and lady (or boy toy).

Edit: gotta give credit to those in denial about ever going to Bars in Thailand, or ever paying anything but the cut rate price :rolleyes: ..... Yea Right :cheesy:

Edited by KimoMax

In the end, any extra curriculars are negotiable only between the customer and lady (or boy toy).

thailand_lady_love_singha_54008.jpg

Reminds me of the many thousands nightly that are in denial lurking in the dakness where the freelance artists hang out.

In Hollywood there is a similar hoe stro on Santa Monica Blvd.

I guess it is true some don't go to the bars :w00t:

Edited by KimoMax