Lady Drinks In Cm

muchogra

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, any extra curriculars are negotiable only between the customer and lady (or boy toy).

thailand_lady_love_singha_54008.jpg

Reminds me of the many thousands nightly that are in denial lurking in the dakness where the freelance artists hang out.

In Hollywood there is a similar hoe stro on Santa Monica Blvd.

I guess it is true some don't go to the bars :w00t:

Me…..lurk…never, and as far as the darkness of the bars, I can't help the amebae's of the bars in Mae Taeng, (I have so many bruises on my shines, I'm thinking of wearing cricket pads and a miners lamp) I, along with a mate only last night sank some suds in one such establishment, up at the Mea Taeng cross roads. Even though, my mate and I went home alone, we had a great night with the 'Ladies of the night' It's a great way to practice what I learn in my Thai lessons. :D I have found the bars outside the citys to be cheaper and the girls, (in the main) genuinely want to talk with you, and this lady drink thing is not used much, as the Thai wouldn't pay it anyway. With very few farang going into the country bars, I've found them to be more friendly and not try it on as much.....For now.

A Bar Fine also does not require anyone to go with you. A Bar Fine only pays for the inconvenience of the staff member leaving work.

:blink:

Thats the line the bars use because prostitution is illegal..

Explain why if a girl does a runner (say going onto a club etc) the bar refunds the bar fine ??

Many bars, especially in the North do not pay the girls a salary. they work for Lady Drinks and Tips only.

Do not assume any of them are selling more than drinks and a good time chatting at the bar.

A Bar Fine also does not require anyone to go with you. A Bar Fine only pays for the inconvenience of the staff member leaving work.

Any extra curricular's are at the discretion of the Lady.

But if the 'person' accepts a bar fine then later says NO, then the bar will always REFUND the bar fine.

Which kind of contradicts your ideas.

(changed 'lady' to 'person' in order to avoid sexist assumptions)

Edited by ludditeman

Many bars, especially in the North do not pay the girls a salary. they work for Lady Drinks and Tips only.

Do not assume any of them are selling more than drinks and a good time chatting at the bar.

Any extra curricular's are at the discretion of the Lady.

But if the 'person' accepts a bar fine then later says NO, then the bar will always REFUND the bar fine.

Which kind of contradicts your ideas.

(changed 'lady' to 'person' in order to avoid sexist assumptions)

I assume he is a Bar owner.

I don't get it. :blink:

So, if I did, (not in this life) what would happen?

You'd probably get it ;)

Nah, I'm an idiot. Please enlighten me.

:clap2:

I respect your superior sense of self when it comes to this subject

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

I'm sorry that my posts are probably not too clear that some posters seem to have misunderstood or misinterpreted them. Let me clarify.

It was early evening, around 7pm, when we settled down at the bar. There were a total of 3 girls in the bar. My son bought 2 drinks for each of the 3 girls instead of buying drinks selectively for any particular girl. I shot pool with one of the two guys, probably the owners of the bar. The girls were all from the Lizu tribe. I think the guys also. Only 3 games were played. I won one and lost two. That's how I estimated the duration of about an hour spent at the bar.

After presented the bill, I looked at the menu. There was nothing written there about extra charge on lady's drink. But I did not even bring this up. I simply asked if it was standard practice around there. He said yes. So I just paid. No complaint! But I did not tip any of them which normally is not my style.

Oh, one girl had an Iphone 4, same as my son's. But my son bought it in the States cheap by subscribing to the AT&T service, and he uses it there. As for her Iphone, perhaps some generous farang bought it for her here? Or else she's getting herself bombed out from many lady drinks, lol!

I'm sorry that my posts are probably not too clear that some posters seem to have misunderstood or misinterpreted them. Let me clarify.

It was early evening, around 7pm, when we settled down at the bar. There were a total of 3 girls in the bar. My son bought 2 drinks for each of the 3 girls instead of buying drinks selectively for any particular girl. I shot pool with one of the two guys, probably the owners of the bar. The girls were all from the Lizu tribe. I think the guys also. Only 3 games were played. I won one and lost two. That's how I estimated the duration of about an hour spent at the bar.

After presented the bill, I looked at the menu. There was nothing written there about extra charge on lady's drink. But I did not even bring this up. I simply asked if it was standard practice around there. He said yes. So I just paid. No complaint! But I did not tip any of them which normally is not my style.

Oh, one girl had an Iphone 4, same as my son's. But my son bought it in the States cheap by subscribing to the AT&T service, and he uses it there. As for her Iphone, perhaps some generous farang bought it for her here? Or else she's getting herself bombed out from many lady drinks, lol!

'muchogra' I think you topic post was clear enough, you were asking what's the industry standard practice when it comes to making money from the punters, that's about it right.

I say this with no disrespect intended what-so-ever, but come on; you're not a kid at his first rodeo….Are you, look around the bars, what do you see, poor girls supporting poor families back home, (more than likely a baby of their own, with Mum) To most of these girls you're a millionaire and a chance to make a little money. For most of them, they live hand to mouth, day by day…Day in day out with no relief….No holiday in the sun for them, for a lot of them it's 10 hour day in a rice field for 150/200 Baht, or have some fun and maybe meet a millionaire!

From what you said you don't begrudge them the money, but are just curious as to why you got charged what you were. Basically in some bars you're going to get charged whatever the bar thinks they can get away with!

I did post earlier that I will buy drinks for the girls, just not bar girl drinks, as half the money goes to the bar that charge high prices for the drinks in the first place, which I don't mind paying…..if that's all I pay. If the girl has been nice and pleasant I will leave her a small tip.

I don't tie the girls up talking to me with a promise, or let them think I will take them with me, I will however treat them with mutual respect, buy them a drink and hopefully we enjoy each other's company for a few hours.

Your Experance…..Well, Just put it down to a learning curve, once bitten and all that….Move on. :)

The decent money is pretty much the reason they're there.

Most iPhones I see though are the Chinese made phones that look like an iPhone on the outside, and on some of the screens. Those phones don't cost more than 3000 baht.

But yes, some of the more successful intimacy entrepreneurs do have proper iPhones. It's almost a business expense actually, seeing how crucial e-mail and social media like Facebook are in their vocation. (I have 29 of them as Facebook friend currently. ;) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

40 baht per head more per drink for a lady female drinking companion, think yourself lucky.

There is a scam going on in Pattaya, which I have personally witnessed, where a gullible looking farang goes into a restaurant and orders a meal.

While eating his meal, a Thai girl begins chatting with the guy and convinces him to buy her a drink that appears as just being friendly all in innocence.

When his meal is finished and he receives the bill, there is an addition 2000 baht added for the hostess fee. If the guy tries to explain to the staff, who are of course all in with the scam, that he did not realise the girl was a hostess, he suddenly finds himself surrounded by men all very keen to beat the crap out the guy if he doesn't pay up like a good boy and this is all done with the blessings of the police.

The best thing is to avoid these places or otherwise watch you're backs and be on the alert for scams at all times.

Seriously?? What restaurants would that be?

Either way it wouldn't work on me; firstly not because I would most likely not buy anyone a drink who is blatantly hustling for one, secondly not because I'd ask the price, and thirdly not because there's no way I would have 2000 baht in my wallet. ;)

Dunno about Pattaya but in CM I can think of several karaoke bars that employ the business model "Beetlejuice" describes...... :o

When in bangkok I go to the Hillary bar, I pay i think 100baht for my beer and 70 baht at happy hour. The lady drinks run around 130 to 150 or there abouts it is up to the girls what they drink if they want a beer same price as the lady drink.

And to the guy shooting pool the games are not free in Hillary bar 10 baht a game no matter who you shoot with.I would think the price varies around town for the pool games.

Buying a 'lady drink' is the start of negotiations for buying the girl.

Disagree. Well, I suppose it can be, but more often than not it's just the proper thing to do when hanging out and chatting with someone.

+1

Not everything is black and white. Plenty of girls just chat with customers and for this the customer is expected to pay. If they don't want to, they're free to go to another type of bar where no pretty girls that want to chat to them hang out, and not pay for their time there. The girls get a commission on drinks.

I don't think you can "buy" these girls either. Renting, more like.

Anyway 40 baht is not excessive, and while the OPs question seems naive, I have to admit I did not know this either during my first few months in Thailand. I only got enlightened to the fact when I this girl wanted to come with me, but in order to do so, I was expected to pay 300 baht to the bar. I said "what, I am not going to pay money to the bar!!!" and left. Long time ago...

40 baht per head more per drink for a lady female drinking companion, think yourself lucky.

There is a scam going on in Pattaya, which I have personally witnessed, where a gullible looking farang goes into a restaurant and orders a meal.

While eating his meal, a Thai girl begins chatting with the guy and convinces him to buy her a drink that appears as just being friendly all in innocence.

When his meal is finished and he receives the bill, there is an addition 2000 baht added for the hostess fee. If the guy tries to explain to the staff, who are of course all in with the scam, that he did not realise the girl was a hostess, he suddenly finds himself surrounded by men all very keen to beat the crap out the guy if he doesn't pay up like a good boy and this is all done with the blessings of the police.

The best thing is to avoid these places or otherwise watch you're backs and be on the alert for scams at all times.

Seriously?? What restaurants would that be?

Either way it wouldn't work on me; firstly not because I would most likely not buy anyone a drink who is blatantly hustling for one, secondly not because I'd ask the price, and thirdly not because there's no way I would have 2000 baht in my wallet. ;)

Dunno about Pattaya but in CM I can think of several karaoke bars that employ the business model "Beetlejuice" describes...... :o

True about CM Karaoke - some Thai(!) friends of mine ended up with a 20,000+ Baht bill for a few hours of drinking. Don't go unless you know the place.

I believe you Nickster, i heard about this too,

but not all the karaoke are the same. My wife runs one in Lamphun and over there, even though is only a 15 min drive

from Cm all is different. Never heard of ripoffs, a beer (large) is 65-95 baht max, lady drink is 40 baht, you drink all the

evening with the company of one of more girls and you never spend more than 500 baht each.

It's not self promoting, i just want to say that the karaoke ripoffs are the VIP in CM. But if somebody will say that in the other

karaoke the girls don't speak english PM me and i'll tell you the place, you'll not be disappointed!!

P.s.: I have never been in a karaoke in CM and i don't know what happens there, but my wife's is a "clean" place, even though

she doesn't know what the girls do after....

Buying a 'lady drink' is the start of negotiations for buying the girl.

Disagree. Well, I suppose it can be, but more often than not it's just the proper thing to do when hanging out and chatting with someone.

+1

Not everything is black and white. Plenty of girls just chat with customers and for this the customer is expected to pay. If they don't want to, they're free to go to another type of bar where no pretty girls that want to chat to them hang out, and not pay for their time there. The girls get a commission on drinks.

I don't think you can "buy" these girls either. Renting, more like.

Anyway 40 baht is not excessive, and while the OPs question seems naive, I have to admit I did not know this either during my first few months in Thailand. I only got enlightened to the fact when I this girl wanted to come with me, but in order to do so, I was expected to pay 300 baht to the bar. I said "what, I am not going to pay money to the bar!!!" and left. Long time ago...

That's the comission to the Pimp/Bar owner.

I say this with no disrespect intended what-so-ever, but come on; you're not a kid at his first rodeo….Are you,

Was thinking the same thing. An Innocent Abroad, perhaps? Hope the OP wasn't thinking he/his son were someone special that the girls just wanted to meet and hang out with....was he? It's their job. It's what they do. They should get paid. They'd do it for anyone that walks in the bar...who's willing to pay. Ladies drinks are always more than a standard drink.

P.s.: I have never been in a karaoke in CM and i don't know what happens there, but my wife's is a "clean" place, even though

she doesn't know what the girls do after....

Well like I said the story I heard came from a Thai friend of mine, university educated. Nobody's safe from these criminals, this is just plain mafia, not some sort of ripping off the foreigners scheme.

no1 bar gives you a small coke with the thai whisky,so in the end you have 2 drinks.not too bad really and a fair price

they don't give you the small coke to you, they charge for the shot and mixer separate. they are not the only bar that does this mind you, i know of at least 1 bar in the boxing that does this and have seen some others doing it too.

the thing is doing it this way, the mixer bottle makes up 2 drinks. so you either buy another shot, drink a piss weak drink or waste half the mixer bottle. the lovely ladies will ask you if you want another shot.

back on topic, the reason i asked, this could account for the extra 40 baht.

the other thing too, in some/most bars, the lady drinks are a standard price 100-120 baht unless they are drinking anything other than a standard/local drink (sangsom, chang etc). if they are drinking something more expensive/imported, the price goes up. this too could account for the extra 40 baht.

Not that it matters, but No. 1 Bar charges a single item for a shot + mixer. You can also order a shot without mixer, which is of course cheaper.

There are indeed bars where you are forced to buy certain mixers separately, for example if you want to order a shot mixed with Coke Light at Half Moon Bar then you need to buy the can separately. The shot is generous though, and pricing is still borderline-reasonable at 35 baht. The can of Coke Light costs 20 baht. Or you could buy a can or bottle of Coke Light at 7-11 so you save 6-7 baht.

to the OP, did the drinks come with separate mixer bottles? i know a couple of bars that charge for the shot and the mixer separate.

I did not see any mixer bottle.

It's good for me when the guy and the girls explained that the bar added B40 on top of the menu price for each lady drink. Like some posters have said it's not that much. I brought this up asking for confirmation out of curiosity only and not fretting over it.

I myself did not tip because I was not the one chatting with them. Besides, my son bought 6 lady drinks for all 3 at the bar at that time in less than an hour and tipped one girl B200. I think it's good bar etiquette from our part and not taking advantage of anything or feeling ourselves special!

p.s: If my son were not single I would not have gone with him to such a place. I think they are p4p girls. There's nothing wrong with that but I would be wrong going with a married son to such a place.

p.s: If my son were not single I would not have gone with him to such a place. I think they are p4p girls. There's nothing wrong with that but I would be wrong going with a married son to such a place.

1) I think some of them were boys.

2) I am certain everything in the bar was for sale.

3) You've never been to Thailand before.

Surprised your son didn't fall in love with one of the girls and bought them a house and a car.

(keep that for next week)

Edited by ludditeman

To answer your actual question, no that certainly does not happen in BKK or Pattaya. Sure you buy the drink in lieu of her company and time of which she gets a cut from the bar, but have never heard of the bar charging an extra 40 baht for each drink. And 120 baht is about right in most places like that.

'in lieu' means 'instead of', I think you meant to say something like 'in exchange for'.

Did not realise mods were here to correct my poor use of the English language, I do apologise :whistling:

It's French...

All Bars should put the Lady Drink prices on thier menu. Some do and some don't.They just assume most Punters visiting their bars understand the Lady Drink concept.

Thai style is a "Hostess Bar" where the Wait Staff come sit with you and take care of waiting on you at your table for a fixed price. Usually a per hour charge.They eat and drink with you from what you order. Be it a bottle of alcohol with mixers or beer etc., there is no Lady Drink fee.

No I am not a bar owner. Just know the game and the rules.

To answer about bars giving the bar fine back if a person does a "runner": It is good customer relations to make you satisfied if there was a problem. Does not mean they are pimping. A person is never required to have extra curriculars with a customer (uless the bar is truely a Thai Mafia run type of place. Which is the minority).

Edited by KimoMax