Lady Drinks In Cm

muchogra

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer about bars giving the bar fine back if a person does a "runner": It is good customer relations to make you satisfied if there was a problem. Does not mean they are pimping. A person is never required to have extra curriculars with a customer (uless the bar is truely a Thai Mafia run type of place. Which is the minority).

Well.. ... In Chiang Mai you're probably right with a couple exceptions. However don't forget that many bars have target quotas in place on the number of lady drinks and the number of 'offs'. Staff who don't make the target get cut in their salary. So maybe they're not forced at gun-point, but they are definitely coerced / pressured through financial means and otherwise to take the 'off'.

If you get charged extra then she Ain't no lady!!!!

I bought drinks for this chick yesterday, without extra charge (don't really know why there wasn't an extra charge but ok) and she definitely wasn't a lady!! (Ladies, I strongly believe, do not color their hair bright blonde, and are required to wear underwear. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

All Bars should put the Lady Drink prices on thier menu. Some do and some don't.They just assume most Punters visiting their bars understand the Lady Drink concept.

Thai style is a "Hostess Bar" where the Wait Staff come sit with you and take care of waiting on you at your table for a fixed price. Usually a per hour charge.They eat and drink with you from what you order. Be it a bottle of alcohol with mixers or beer etc., there is no Lady Drink fee.

No I am not a bar owner. Just know the game and the rules.

To answer about bars giving the bar fine back if a person does a "runner": It is good customer relations to make you satisfied if there was a problem. Does not mean they are pimping. A person is never required to have extra curriculars with a customer (uless the bar is truely a Thai Mafia run type of place. Which is the minority).

'KimoMax' Sorry, but I disagree with you……….. Not what you have written, (your personnel experience) but you stand on, 'This is how it's done in Thailand'

Instead of my attempting to state the infinite number of ways I've been dealt with, (my personnel experience) when in a Thai bar………It going to be easier to say, I've never had it go down the way you describe….Never…..But, that's your experience and I respect that.

As for your statement; "No I am not a bar owner. Just know the game and the rules"……..(ha ha. That bit did make me laugh) There are rules? Really…Nobody told me, where can I get a copy?

One last thing… you started by saying; "All Bars should put the Lady Drink prices on their menu" Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny. but how long have you been in Thailand, and do you get out much here? What else do you think the bars should have…..Toilet paper in the bogs maybe, or connect 4 with all the bits? Good luck with that.

Be honest with me, (I'm not trying to fight with you) …..Do you live here, you know, day in dayout sort of crap or do you just holiday, (nothing wrong with that) 2 weeks eachyear sort of thing? You post is just so disconnected from the Thailand bar scene I know.

Quote: "Surprised your son didn't fall in love with one of the girls and bought them a house and a car."

I thought that right is reserved for old and married men.:lol:

----------------------

Quote: "(keep that for next week)"

My son did not stay for the next week. He already went back to the States 2 days later. Sorry to disappoint.

----------------------

Quote: "You've never been to Thailand before"

Really?

You mean I only came here with my wife to have my son born in Thailand? He came to CM to put the house my wife and I bought in CM under his name. Our house in Bangkok is also under his name. How come I don't realize myself that I have never been to Thailand before?:realangry:

All Bars should put the Lady Drink prices on thier menu. Some do and some don't.They just assume most Punters visiting their bars understand the Lady Drink concept.

Thai style is a "Hostess Bar" where the Wait Staff come sit with you and take care of waiting on you at your table for a fixed price. Usually a per hour charge.They eat and drink with you from what you order. Be it a bottle of alcohol with mixers or beer etc., there is no Lady Drink fee.

'KimoMax' Sorry, but I disagree with you……….. Not what you have written, (your personnel experience) but you stand on, 'This is how it's done in Thailand'

Instead of my attempting to state the infinite number of ways I've been dealt with, (my personnel experience) when in a Thai bar………It going to be easier to say, I've never had it go down the way you describe….Never…..But, that's your experience and I respect that.

As for your statement; "No I am not a bar owner. Just know the game and the rules"……..(ha ha. That bit did make me laugh) There are rules? Really…Nobody told me, where can I get a copy?

One last thing… you started by saying; "All Bars should put the Lady Drink prices on their menu" Seriously, I'm not trying to be funny. but how long have you been in Thailand, and do you get out much here? What else do you think the bars should have…..Toilet paper in the bogs maybe, or connect 4 with all the bits? Good luck with that.

Be honest with me, (I'm not trying to fight with you) …..Do you live here, you know, day in dayout sort of crap or do you just holiday, (nothing wrong with that) 2 weeks eachyear sort of thing? You post is just so disconnected from the Thailand bar scene I know.

It seems you misunderstood KimoMax. He was talking about hostess bars, you know, singalong restaurants, karaokes, and many regular pub/restaurants that have beer girls, NOT the tourist/sexpat bar scene. His description is very accurate of what goes on outside of the sexpat dives where you and I are stuck most of the time. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

All Bars should put the Lady Drink prices on thier menu.

I agree with you that it makes good business sense to do so - at least for bars in CM. Doing such saves a lot of hassle from potential disgruntled customers and it should help business in the long run. Anyway, my limited observation of CM is that entertainment places are in general less scandalous than similar establishments in Bangkok. They don't cheat as much up there.

KimoMax, on the other part of what you said in the same post (don't know how to multiquote it), you are absolutely right on cocktail lounge, member club, and karaoke bar. On the lower scale, you have similar lounges and karaoke bars for local Thais which operate in similar way but at lower cost.

It seems you misunderstood KimoMax. He was talking about hostess bars, you know, singalong restaurants, karaokes, and many regular pub/restaurants that have beer girls, NOT the tourist/sexpat bar scene. His description is very accurate of what goes on outside of the sexpat dives where you and I are stuck most of the time. :)

Fair enough! But I was keeping in spirit with the OP's topic post. He stated; "So we went into this area with many bars and a muay thaistage to shelter from the rain." Star 6..Right? These are full on 'bar beers' he played pool. I thought this is what we were talking about.

OK, I misunderstood 'kimoMax' post. However……….."No I am not a bar owner. Just know the game and the rules"…….Must be the only one in Thailand.

Bar Rules are biscally unwritten, but all it takes is a little common sence.

Just try muscling in on a person of affection whose customer has just bought a Lady Drink or Paid Bar. Kha Pow ! :jerk: :fight:

Someone has a thing or two to learn before starting to tying to make irrational and illogical comments and assumptions.

Edited by KimoMax