Air Asia Surcharges For Check-In

lazygourmet

AirAsia is now charging for manual check-in at airport counters to encourage passengers to shift to self check-in channels such as web, mobile and airport kiosks.... Passengers with booking from 21 September on AirAsia, Indonesia AirAsia and AirAsia X will have to pay Bt100 for conventional counter check-in at Suvarnabhumi airport, or RM10...

To be continued on TTRweekly

There was a thread about this when they announced it about a month ago, though we didn't have the benefit of your link then.

http://www.thaivisa....-from-air-asia/

Sorry... I missed it! jap.gif

If you read the linked article from the original poster (on THIS thread), there's an interesting exception for Thailand:

(excerpt from linked article:)

Counter check-in fees will also not apply on Thai AirAsia flights.

Thai AirAsia is pushing self check-in in order to cut the cost of check-in counters replacing them with bag drop stations instead. It will assess the outcome of an experiment with self check-in kiosks at airports in Thailand.

However, the response has been poor and the airline needs to assign staff to the terminals to help passengers with the process defeating the object of saving staff costs.

Also, kiosk space fees at airports under supervision of the Airports of Thailand must also be taken into account and as long as there are staff assisting check-in at the kiosks savings are slim.

To charge for manual check-in in Thailand, the airline will still need to seek Civil Aviation Department approval and that might not be as easy under the present government.

Edited by Sam Drucker

Can anyone tell me if you can book with Air Asia online using a Thai Bank Debit Card instead of a Credit Card?

I currently have SCB & Kasikorn Bank Debit Cards that i want to use for the online payment.

You can register for a Kasikorn Web Based Virtual Credit Card, you can use these on-line and as AA don't want to see the actual card, that has worked for me in the past.

You can also register your regular Kasikorn debit card for on-line purchases, that is a fairly new service, and you do it via an ATM, that should work for any carrier, including those who need sight of your card.

With an SCB account you can pay by direct debit, that way you don't pay the AA convenience fee.

Can anyone tell me if you can book with Air Asia online using a Thai Bank Debit Card instead of a Credit Card?

I currently have SCB & Kasikorn Bank Debit Cards that i want to use for the online payment.

You can register for a Kasikorn Web Based Virtual Credit Card, you can use these on-line and as AA don't want to see the actual card, that has worked for me in the past.

You can also register your regular Kasikorn debit card for on-line purchases, that is a fairly new service, and you do it via an ATM, that should work for any carrier, including those who need sight of your card.

With an SCB account you can pay by direct debit, that way you don't pay the AA convenience fee.

Thanks for that,

could you explain more on how to pay with an SCB account by direct debit ?

could you explain more on how to pay with an SCB account by direct debit ?

Sorry, I have never actually gone down that my route, though as I understand when you get to the payment channel there is in option for payment by Direct Debit, when you click on this option a pop up box comes up with the details of the AA debit and you enter your details and you're done.

I assume you have to register for internet banking with SCB, bit of hassle but worth it as it save 100 Baht per leg, per person.

Maybe someone who has done this can advise.