Best Bars In Karon

bankroll

Seriously, there are no really good bars in Kata and Karon and it's pretty much been that way since Club 44 closed down many years ago.

Prices at the bars are extortionate; usually more expensive than Patong, if you drink spirits.

The Irish Pub is OK, but, the location is crap. Same as Rick 'n' Roll in Kata.

To the bars in Patong, Chalong, Rawai and Nanai, Kata-Karon has no answer.

Seriously, there are no really good bars in Kata and Karon and it's pretty much been that way since Club 44 closed down many years ago.

Prices at the bars are extortionate; usually more expensive than Patong, if you drink spirits.

Try Solution Bar in Kata,small,well established with great staff and a sports/lounge bar enviroment,well worth popping in for a look,there used to be a happy hour also between 1-7pm,with 50 baht beers,may well have changed as i was last there in July.Great location also near Club Med.

PST.

Edited by LivinginKata
comment removed

Try Solution Bar in Kata,small,well established with great staff and a sports/lounge bar enviroment,well worth popping in for a look,there used to be a happy hour also between 1-7pm,with 50 baht beers,may well have changed as i was last there in July.Great location also near Club Med.

PST.

The OP asked about bars in Karon. The bar you mention is hardly in walking distance from Karon central.

Agreed, bar scene in kata karon is not much to brag about

bunch of girlie bars in Kata center, but not a place to go drinking if BG is not your goal

If you're just looking for a place to have a few cold ones early on and watch the scenery pass by, the outdoor drinks places between woraburi and movenpick on the beach road are great places to watch the people of various nationalities go by on their way to dinner. Large Tigers/Heinekens are less than 100 baht.

I was wondering whether the Karma Lounge is any good as it seems to be one of the best live music venues in the area...?

are we talking Karma lounge, corner of Patak road and a soi going down to Karon beach north end, traffic light junction?

Yes that's the one I think, if it's still there..

I was wondering whether the Karma Lounge is any good as it seems to be one of the best live music venues in the area...?

are we talking Karma lounge, corner of Patak road and a soi going down to Karon beach north end, traffic light junction?

If you like lady boys, it's fine.

If you like lady boys, it's fine.

Havent been there for years, thinking of it 8 years. Ride by most nights, never seen live music, and more staff than customers

Live music, not sure what you r looking for, Rick n Roll is great when there is something going on. Nightclubs in town like Timberhut takes off at 1030 with live band, different Thai singers, some good, some brilliant.

Margarita in Patong, corner of Bangla and Rat u thid 200 pee, Thais doing "uk/us rock".

at the Karon roundabout there is a bar up top right at the circle, not sure of the name of it....

good pool table and the girls there very friendly its fun to sit and watch the world go buy and see the stupid falongs drive in the round about in the wrong direction hahahahaha enjoy

Hi

Reading between the lines, is BG ''Bar Girls''... if so you are in the wrong area, head for Patong.. thats the place, if that rocks your boat.. you will be spoilt for choice..

Kata Karon is really a family resort (which suits us fine).. so if its ''Bar Girls'' - get yourself to Patong,

Enjoy

Cheers

James

Karma Lounge does occasionally have live music, most Fridays during high season, but it's not a busy bar. Roberts in Kata is a better bet for live music though Easy Rider was dead on the couple of occasions I went in there last year.

Skylight 2 also had live music regularly last year and is, IMO, the best of the bars at that end of Karon. Sanook Bar is a good sports bar not far from Karma Lounge.

But you'll find one or more to suit your tastes when you get here.