Thailand/Pattaya Attracts The Worst

PattayaPhom

Although there are many good Expats/Tourists in Pattaya, is it only me that finds there is a large proportion of total idiots that live/holiday here....not a day goes by without an example of stupidity or rudeness..........just why do people act this way here but would never dream of doing it at home.....is it too much booze, maybe they feel good as they are told they are a sexy man..yeah right bald and beer belly.......why, why, why?????

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's cheaper to get a spiffy tattoo to go with the shaved head and beer gut in Pattaya than in Blackpool.

whistling.gif

steady on lads

i had my appendage tattoed with the name of my home town when on holiday in dear old Blackpool

the tattoist charged me by the letter

when at rest its says LUDO

when ready for action it says LLANFAIRPULLGWYNGYLLGOGERYCHWYRNDROBWLLLANTYSILIOGOGOGO.........

I am surprised about you asking. It logical that many hard working people (some not so nice persons) save a few bucks for the yearly holiday to Patts, where they can act like a king for 2 weeks, girls- booze and so on. Then when they are here, its one long party, but some will off course overdo it.

If 5 mill tourist visit every year, how many are bad apples? 25.000 maybe, just a wild guess. Gangsters from many countries used to come here for laying low, but immigration are much more efficient nowadays and catch many of them. Then you got the old grumpy types thats properly got shafted by a sexy 20 year Thai working girl and are bitter to wards the world, lol

I don't have many problems with rude non Thais and found that if you are polite, people are normal polite to wards you.

I've lived here for years and I don't know what you're referring to. Most tourists and expats are well behaved, including the Russians which I am surprised at(I thought they were serious boozers but guess not! even I outbinge them. :blink:).

Where are these "worst" people located???

When was the last time you went home because I think you'll find the foreigners that are stupid and rude here are excactly the same back in their home country.

Exactly. I've found more rude people back 'home' than I do here. Most people are very polite here which I why I love it.

Low class people? Again, I meet them far more frequently back 'home'.

Q: Thailand/Pattaya Attracts The Worst Why?

That's an easy question...

The reputation, whether right or wrong, that money trumps the rule of law... If you are a person typically on the edge of law and order, Thailand can be a great place to be as it fits in with your lifestyle.

The stories of locals getting away with many transgressions with relative impunity is also an attraction.

I tend to agree the Pattaya area has more than it's share of "winners" visiting or living here as expats. I think because it is a low cost destination for rent, food, booze, cigs, and girls - it all helps to contribute to this issue. Where in the west are you going to get a cold beer in a bar for under $2 served by a gorgeous lady? How about a decent meal for $3-4? Rent near the beach including furniture for $300 - $600 permonth? The cheap booze tends to bring out the worst in many and you see the results daily.

I also agree that there are many decent people here also enjoying these benefits and I enjoy the area regardless. It is seldom dull here.

I think the quality issue also applies to many transcient Thais (men and women) who are down from Isaan working in the area out of necessity.

Thailand is well known for girls, drinking and so on. Can you see someone sat in bible studies (or whatever church goers do) going, Oh you never guess where i'm off on my hol's. Pattaya in Thailand. They will probably be off to feed the kids in Africa. Not that i'm knocking them. Each to there own.

Nice people tend to stay away from bad areas.

I meant more the idiots that always talk in pigeon English even to their own kind.....guys that flap their arms around and bellow out at the top of their voice trying to explain the simplist thing to their rented girlfriend, those that wonder out in the road then act like a traffic cop putting their hands up as someone nearly runs them over...the list is endless......they just seem to be everywhere...and all look the same, bald head, beer belly, few bad tattoos, singha vest, you know the sort.

Thailand is well known for girls, drinking and so on. Can you see someone sat in bible studies (or whatever church goers do) going, Oh you never guess where i'm off on my hol's. Pattaya in Thailand. They will probably be off to feed the kids in Africa. Not that i'm knocking them. Each to there own.

Nice people tend to stay away from bad areas.

The question: "...why do people act this way here....... why, why, why??????"

One good answer: "...Nice people tend to stay away from bad areas."

B)

The word ''lunatic'' is derived from the Latin word for moon.

Why wouldn't such people come to a country, where the full moon is celebrated with beach parties.??

Some people ask the strangest questions.

That explains it...apologies for not realising the obvious my Latin isnt that good :)

I meant more the idiots that always talk in pigeon English even to their own kind.....guys that flap their arms around and bellow out at the top of their voice trying to explain the simplist thing to their rented girlfriend, those that wonder out in the road then act like a traffic cop putting their hands up as someone nearly runs them over...the list is endless......they just seem to be everywhere...and all look the same, bald head, beer belly, few bad tattoos, singha vest, you know the sort.

On the first point I'm as guilty as hell - even when I go home. And what's wrong with a rented 'friend'?

On the first point I'm as guilty as hell - even when I go home. And what's wrong with a rented 'friend'?

I had a western wife for over 30 years and gave her everything, she left with half of all the assets I worked for - now thats a rental!! (albiet a poor one!!)

Sounds like German tourists in the US... or US tourists in Germany... or Japanes tourists in Switzerland... or Russian tourists in Egypt... so what has this to do with Pattaya and "attracting the worst"???

I've lived here for years and I don't know what you're referring to. Most tourists and expats are well behaved, including the Russians which I am surprised at(I thought they were serious boozers but guess not! even I outbinge them. :blink:).

Where are these "worst" people located???

Bahahaha! You must not spend much time around the touristy areas. I think the OP hit it on the head. The vast majority are ok but there is a larger than normal minority of idiots. Yes, more than back home western world as well.

As far as the Russians that is a different subject. They are in their own world in Pattaya. Mostly younger couples here for some sun and sand and shopping and not interested in the girly bars as far as I can tell. I don't have much of an opinion about them either way. I don't find them all that friendly or polite but that has always been my experience with eastern european people in general.

Q: Thailand/Pattaya Attracts The Worst Why?

That's an easy question...

The reputation, whether right or wrong, that money trumps the rule of law... If you are a person typically on the edge of law and order, Thailand can be a great place to be as it fits in with your lifestyle.

The stories of locals getting away with many transgressions with relative impunity is also an attraction.

I don't think you have spent all that much time in Thailand then. With attitudes towards prostitution and prescription drugs etc. it may seem like the wild west but Thai society is much more rigid in other ways. I guess if you don't care or bother to try understand what Thais see as bad behaviour then the social paux pau's you perform daily are probably completely lost on you anyways.

But...anyone who has spent any significant time in Thailand eventually realizes there is no attraction to 'getting away' with things as you imply. It either get's old pretty fast or you realize that it's not as easy to get away with some things over the long term as it may seem.

Maybe it's cheaper to get a spiffy tattoo to go with the shaved head and beer gut in Pattaya than in Blackpool.

whistling.gif

steady on lads

i had my appendage tattoed with the name of my home town when on holiday in dear old Blackpool

the tattoist charged me by the letter

when at rest its says LUDO

when ready for action it says LLANFAIRPULLGWYNGYLLGOGERYCHWYRNDROBWLLLANTYSILIOGOGOGO.........

Sounds like Welsh to me?

Stupid question....

we all know why we are here....

Paradise....Pattaya....Thailand...

This is still the place when you shoot some one...confess and have the oppertunity to be bailed out the same day.

I understand your topic...but the answer you already know...so why asking.,..they won't change...

peace.