Full Spectrum Bllod Tests.

McGarty

I am considering a full spectrum blood test either at a clinic or hospital. Any idea of the cost involved, where and how long for results? Are some places more reliable than others with their results? My reasoning is that I am extremely tired all the time, have a heart condition too. I want to rule out anything serious and find out if it is maybe a simple Thyroid problem or similar like lack of iron. Thanks.

Well, if you want to "rule out anything serious" and know about your heart condition, I would suggest a hospital - starting with a consultation with a doctor for less than 1'500 Baht and he will tell you what test he would do - maybe including heart checks like ECG - and you will know about the cost and times also.

Suggest either Bangkok Pattaya Hospital or Pattaya Memorial Hospital, I know both of them from personal experience and would be happy to go back there anytime.

I just went to Lifecare lab. Easy in, easy out. They give you a very nice report showing the results, and the acceptable ranges for each test. I've had these tests done before, in various places, and the results are in line with what I have seen in the past. So I think they are pretty accurate.

As mentioned above, they are not doctors. They don't evaluate it in terms of your overall condition.

Based on what you are saying, spend the extra 1500B and go to PIH. If it turns out something is really wrong, they can deal with it there. Better than trying to self diagnose yourself?