Play Tennis To Krabi Town

aligator727

Hi Aligator.

The tennis courts you refer to are a part of Thara Park. They are actually free to use and operate on a first come first serve basis. There are 3 cement courts in total. They seem to be busy from after 5pm onwards most days when a regular group of Thai/Chinese descend upon them dressed in their finest tennis outfits. I was having a hit there around this time one day and I don't think they took to kindly to the farang on their turf. Not wanting to tread on any toe's, I decided early morning would be the best time to come. So most sunday mornings I go there about 6am with my 15 year old thai son for a game. It's the perfect time, not too hot, after about 9am the sweat will be pouring out of you.

If you want to join in for a social game then you are most welcome to come along early sunday mornings, just PM me and we can confirm. I'm not an expert but have taught my son how to play and I'm happy to give any helpful tips. At one end of court no.1 there is a wall that has been set up in order to practise your tennis shots against, this is a good exercise for beginners or any rusty players that haven't played for a long time.

So give it a go and good luck!

Hi Aligator.

The tennis courts you refer to are a part of Thara Park. They are actually free to use and operate on a first come first serve basis. There are 3 cement courts in total. They seem to be busy from after 5pm onwards most days when a regular group of Thai/Chinese descend upon them dressed in their finest tennis outfits. I was having a hit there around this time one day and I don't think they took to kindly to the farang on their turf. Not wanting to tread on any toe's, I decided early morning would be the best time to come. So most sunday mornings I go there about 6am with my 15 year old thai son for a game. It's the perfect time, not too hot, after about 9am the sweat will be pouring out of you.

If you want to join in for a social game then you are most welcome to come along early sunday mornings, just PM me and we can confirm. I'm not an expert but have taught my son how to play and I'm happy to give any helpful tips. At one end of court no.1 there is a wall that has been set up in order to practise your tennis shots against, this is a good exercise for beginners or any rusty players that haven't played for a long time.

thanks a lot, yes we could play, i'll contact when i'm available :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Aligator.

Hi, i found another tennis court i don't know if everybody can play i will ask but my daughter will get lesson with a thai teacher

• 3 months later...