New Odometer+ Speedometer ?

wana

khun pariya has offered to let them have another go at fixing it and i agreed to send it back 1 more time but i dont have much hopes in their mechanics after the last month of servicing has resulted in them ignoring all the complicated problems and fixing the symptoms

Wow, you both (you and Khun Pariya) are real survivors :thumbsup:

Hope it will work now. Please keep us informed. Its a pitty that there are many threads ending without any further information...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be happy to give you 5k baht for the bike since its in such bad condition.:D

I'll get it running , i like a challenge... :whistling:

seriously ,it would only depress you...:)

i get the feeling its one of those bikes that will never run well ........if tiger were able to fix it into such condition as it worked and felt safe i would keep it ,i love the style and looks of it

I'd be happy to give you 5k baht for the bike since its in such bad condition.:D

i get the feeling its one of those bikes that will never run well ........if tiger were able to fix it into such condition as it worked and felt safe i would keep it ,i love the style and looks of it

It's such a simple bike- shouldn't be too hard to get it running right. :rolleyes:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

It's such a simple bike- shouldn't be too hard to get it running right. :rolleyes:

well Tiger Motors who designed and built it seem to be having serious issues with it ,maybe you could give them a few pointers :)

the vibrations and t could be a design flaw rather than a mechanical problem since me and wanton have the same bike and similar problems

well Tiger Motors who designed and built it seem to be having serious issues with it ,maybe you could give them a few pointers :)

the vibrations and t could be a design flaw rather than a mechanical problem since me and wanton have the same bike and similar problems

Why would you think it's a design flaw? More likely it's a problem with YOUR bike.

I rather doubt it's a design flaw since there are plenty of other Boxer 250RS on the road that are running just fine.

BTW, Wana and Wantan aren't the same person? :whistling:

...and a few others, seems rather suspicious that a few posters just showed up out of nowhere VERY recently. All with the same storyline, while one model is being put on a pedestal.

Do you want to accuse us to break the TV-Forum-Rule number 26 "Not to create multiple accounts"?

Maybe you should read the forum rules yourself!

Rule #4: "Not to flame fellow members".

Rule #5 "Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling".

Why would you think it's a design flaw? More likely it's a problem with YOUR bike.

I rather doubt it's a design flaw since there are plenty of other Boxer 250RS on the road that are running just fine.

Maybe, for example, because all Tiger Boxer 250RS have front fender mountings that will break some day? Isn't this a design flaw? Or maybe it is a predetermined breaking point and we should call it a feature?

if we are the same person il be happy to scan my greenbook and tax disc of said tiger boxer 250 and send it to the moderator to prove i own one

its funny that most of the people defending tiger products /and or calling us liars dont even own a boxer 250cc...:whistling:

ps : if anyones in bkk they can come and see the tiger boxer in my garage ,will that prove to everyone i really own one ?

Edited by wana

anybody who disagrees with you must be the same person as someone else ...:whistling:

yes sir ,its your world boss ,were just living in it !

Do you want to accuse us to break the TV-Forum-Rule number 26 "Not to create multiple accounts"?

Rule #5 "Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling".

Maybe, for example, because all Tiger Boxer 250RS have front fender mountings that will break some day? Isn't this a design flaw? Or maybe it is a predetermined breaking point and we should call it a feature?

I can't tell you two characters apart, what with the similar names and propensity for whinging, but aren't you or the other Wan-whatever the one who bought the bike second (or even third) hand?

Would it be safe to say you don't know anything about the history of your second / third hand bike? How it was maintained by the previous owner(s)? If it was crashed(?) How it was repaired? Etc.

Once again, what you call a "design flaw" is more likely damage from something that happened to the bike under previous ownership. If it was a design flaw surely we'd have heard about the same problem from another Boxer 250 RS owner. Seems it's a problem unique to your bike and your ghetto-style repair certainly does not inspire much confidence in your mechanical skills...

Good luck wana-wantan! I think you need it!

I can't tell you two characters apart, what with the similar names and propensity for whinging, but aren't you or the other Wan-whatever the one who bought the bike second (or even third) hand?

Would it be safe to say you don't know anything about the history of your second / third hand bike? How it was maintained by the previous owner(s)? If it was crashed(?) How it was repaired? Etc.

Once again, what you call a "design flaw" is more likely damage from something that happened to the bike under previous ownership. If it was a design flaw surely we'd have heard about the same problem from another Boxer 250 RS owner. Seems it's a problem unique to your bike and your ghetto-style repair certainly does not inspire much confidence in your mechanical skills...

Good luck wana-wantan! I think you need it!

my fender was repaired by khun pariyas guys ,call them ghetto style if you wish but they didnt use a zip-tie

and M-box from tiger sach forum has posted about the weak and brittle fender design before because it has snapped on numerous bikes without warning but he advised me to ask for heavier metal used on the next one

is M-box a liar as well ? :whistling:

OK, my fault, sorry. When i chose it i didn't know that my nickname would confuse you.

May i suggest that you leave this thread, if you are stressed and not able to follow it?

my fender was repaired by khun pariyas guys ,call them ghetto style if you wish but they didnt use a zip-tie

and M-box from tiger sach forum has posted about the weak and brittle fender design before because it has snapped on numerous bikes without warning but he advised me to ask for heavier metal used on the next one

wana, it is the best to ignore BigBikeBkk. All he wants is to disturb any useful discussion in Tiger Threads. This has happened many times now.

I know that my solution to fix the front fender holder with cable ties is a less-than-ideal solution and should be only temporarily. But i don't want to weld a thicker plate on it like Charlie did. The mounting points of the holder (2 screws on each side) are too small. There seems to be no way to improve the mounting points themselves, because for this the down side of the fork itself has to be modified. It seems that Charlies solution (to weld a thicker plate on it) is also just a workaround. Maybe it is longer lasting, but i guess it will break again one day. Maybe not the plate will break but the sticks holding the fender.

Do you have an idea how to do it better? Has Tiger just changed your fender holder with a new one, or did they change it to something stronger?

wana, it is the best to ignore BigBikeBkk. All he wants is to disturb any useful discussion in Tiger Threads. This has happened many times now.

I know that my solution to fix the front fender holder with cable ties is a less-than-ideal solution and should be only temporarily. But i don't want to weld a thicker plate on it like Charlie did. The mounting points of the holder (2 screws on each side) are too small. There seems to be no way to improve the mounting points themselves, because for this the down side of the fork itself has to be modified. It seems that Charlies solution (to weld a thicker plate on it) is also just a workaround. Maybe it is longer lasting, but i guess it will break again one day. Maybe not the plate will break but the sticks holding the fender.

Do you have an idea how to do it better? Has Tiger just changed your fender holder with a new one, or did they change it to something stronger?

i didnt measure the old one so im not sure if the new one is thicker or not ,i do know that the fender bounces off the front wheel so however way they fixed it ,they didnt test drive it after fixing to check if it was fixed ok :rolleyes:

i would check the new fender and upload pictures of the new one for you but alas the bike is back with tiger ,khun pariyas guys came with a pick up and got it yesterday ,it took us a few minutes just to get it started ..after not been driven for just a couple of days and a full tank of benzine 91 in it ...

the carb seems to be knackered ,but they will probably change the oil and spark plug again and bring it back smiling because its "fixed"

strangely they sent me a piece of paper to fill in and return ,it listed the problems as a new fender holder and a new speedo

(the very same items that we changed in the previous service ?? )

didnt mention the oil leaks ,the vibrations or any of the harder to fix problems so que sera sera .......:)

i didnt measure the old one so im not sure if the new one is thicker or not ,i do know that the fender bounces off the front wheel so however way they fixed it ,they didnt test drive it after fixing to check if it was fixed ok :rolleyes:

i would check the new fender and upload pictures of the new one for you but alas the bike is back with tiger ,khun pariyas guys came with a pick up and got it yesterday ,it took us a few minutes just to get it started ..after not been driven for just a couple of days and a full tank of benzine 91 in it ...

the carb seems to be knackered ,but they will probably change the oil and spark plug again and bring it back smiling because its "fixed"

strangely they sent me a piece of paper to fill in and return ,it listed the problems as a new fender holder and a new speedo

didnt mention the oil leaks ,the vibrations or any of the harder to fix problems so que sera sera .......:)

Ummm.. well if you dont tell them how are they going to fix it????? It sounds like its going back to the factory.

And you listed what they had already changed.. rather than stating what was deficient in the ones fitted....smart :blink:

Ummm.. well if you dont tell them how are they going to fix it????? It sounds like its going back to the factory.

And you listed what they had already changed.. rather than stating what was deficient in the ones fitted....smart :blink:

i have sent countless emails to khun pariya about the problems,and if you bothered to read my post you would see i said the paper thedy sent me listed the problems ,not i listed them on the paper

you and bigbikebkk are only here to argue and defend tiger and criticize LEGITIMATE BOXER 250 OWNERS (which neither of you are ??) than add anything useful

why not go back and play with your cbr...... :rolleyes:

wana, wherever BigBikeBkk goes, his little brother thaicbr wants to go too Maybe he fears riding alone in the rain with his new CB'r' :D

I guess they simply replaced the broken front fender bracket with a new one. If it is still bouncing than it will break again for sure one day. But i understand that you first want a bike that is running before solving such "additional" problems. If you have an idea how to stop the fender from bouncing than please tell me. This cable ties look really ugly. But they do the job well.

My engine was leaking oil when i received my boxer too. It leaked everywhere at the cylinder head. But it stoped leaking now. Maybe some kind of "self repairing mystery"? Or maybe there is no oil left in the engine ;)

I guess you have to look at the carb for yourself. Even if they look at it they will most likely not want to see if something is broken.

I heard that charlies Boxer is at the factory too. Maybe it is normal for Boxers to return to the factory every year, like a dog that got abandoned by its owner :D

Like you i stoped to listen all problems that needs a fix one day. It is hard enough to get them fixing the important things. Wish you the best. Maybe we meet some day when your Boxer is running. I try surviving in Bangkok too.

Edited by wantan

that's ok boys. I'm enjoying riding my bike not just bitching about. seriously though I do hope your bikes get sorted. personally I would fix it myself but it seems you guys are not mechanicaly minded or you do not know any good somchai shops.

1. wana, wantan, hehehoho, YipYipYa123 all smell like the same person - notice the similarities in repetitiveness in the user names and writing style attacks, defense and objective. It's almost like a fabricated attack on any brand of 250 other than Honda to generate sales . :whistling:

1. wana, wantan, hehehoho, YipYipYa123 all smell like the same person - notice the similarities in repetitiveness in the user names and writing style attacks, defense and objective. It's almost like a fabricated attack on any brand of 250 other than Honda to generate sales . :whistling:

what a load of crap ,ive offered to meet anyone in bkk with my green book + problematic tiger boxer 250 and nobody stepped up to the plate .......

put up or shut up guys ;)

if anyone asks what scooter to get i always recommend an elegance 135cc ,last time i checked ,IT AINT MADE BY HONDA ...:whistling:

Sorry but everyone knows that i don't like Hondas. I prefer cheap bikes like Lifan or Sym. OK, Tiger i will not buy again, but i still like driving my Boxer. If its raining i use my Yamaha Elegance. But i will never buy such ugly things like a CB'r' or a PCX. This are bikes for milksops :bah:

Sorry but everyone knows that i don't like Hondas. I prefer cheap bikes like Lifan or Sym. OK, Tiger i will not buy again, but i still like driving my Boxer. If its raining i use my Yamaha Elegance. But i will never buy such ugly things like a CB'r' or a PCX. This are bikes for milksops :bah:

Who's everyone? Wana, hehehoho and YipYipYa123?