Backyard Steak Restaurant

bankroll

A restaurant recommendation:

Just bumped into a guy I know the other day, and he recommended the Backyard Steak restaurant, which is on the main road, near Shell and opposite PTT, on the way out of Hua Hin (closest road is Soi 62). Previously I know a guy that said he didn't like it so I'd never been, even though I live just 5 minutes' walk away. Anyway, was hungry today and decided to check it out - well it was only 159 baht for the buffet which starts at 4pm (until 11) - unlimited pork, chicken and beef steaks (quality OK, typical Thai steaks but very edible), also salads, soup, sushi, and bolognese and pasta dishes. I got there at 5pm and there was already about 20 Thais there, so it seems pretty popular. You'd easily miss this place if you didn't know it was there, but I can definitely say that if you're hungry and don't want to spend too much, the food is pretty good and the setting is nice.

went there last weekend with the gf,the beer was dear,she would only eat fried rice,which ended up costing 159b,expensive and not tasty.Everything was layed out buffet sytle reheated and dry.Afterwards we had to visit burgerking for some real junk

Agree, very basic, if the buffet is not to your taste then can be a bit pricey. Doubt they store the leftovers to western standards.

went there last weekend with the gf,the beer was dear,she would only eat fried rice,which ended up costing 159b,expensive and not tasty.Everything was layed out buffet sytle reheated and dry.Afterwards we had to visit burgerking for some real junk

Agree, very basic, if the buffet is not to your taste then can be a bit pricey. Doubt they store the leftovers to western standards.