Rubber Trees

Gonsalviz

I have looked at some properties with rubber trees approx 8-10 years old but not nearly big enough to start cutting. They look healthy otherwise.

My question is if one were to fertilize these trees for a while would they grow to a reasonable size soon enough. How long would it take? a year or 2 ?

Is it worthwhile?

OP don't think you can get the trees to ever produce what they could have, if taken care of from day one. They will always be poor producers. Which will mean that it will be hard to get tappers. Jim

This is the answer I was looking for. Thank you.

I thought the same but did not know.

alot of thai people grow loads of rubber trees and then neglect fertilizing them and keeping them clean from big weeds etc (cost of fertlizer and spray has risen alot)...we planted our land in 2007 and guy beside us planted his in 2005 ..ours is way stronger and healthier because we fertilize them 2 or even 3 times a year when the were younger now we do it twice a year ...roll on a few more year :rolleyes:

Edited by barrybike

alot of thai people grow loads of rubber trees and then neglect fertilizing them and keeping them clean from big weeds etc (cost of fertlizer and spray has risen alot)...we planted our land in 2007 and guy beside us planted his in 2005 ..ours is way stronger and healthier because we fertilize them 2 or even 3 times a year when the were younger now we do it twice a year ...roll on a few more year :rolleyes:

This subject comes up a lot, People saying that Joe Smith paid over the top for grown trees and round here they are only this much etc Perhaps prospective buyers should not think of them as rubber trees, a bit alien to most westerners. Think of it as an apple orchard, in the west One orchard tended lovingly over the years and the other planted and left to grow wild. You will never get a good crop of apples from the wild trees. Jim