Moving To Rayong

ailykhan1976

Gents,

I am Pakistan National currently working in Saudi Arabi. I have been offered by an Multinational Engineering Company whose office is situated in Map Tha Put Rayong Thailand. I have three daughters and two are school going (ages are 7.5 & 5 Years). I want to know about following

1. How I can live their with islamic culture.

2. Mosques are avaialble in Rayong.

3. Teachers for Quran teaching are available.

4. What about Internation Schools, All schools are Co-eductaio?

5. Can u provide me list of Scholls. Which school will be best for my daughters?

6. How much is cost of living, accomodation, and schooling.

If some one preferably Muslim can provide me his contact number so i can talk with him freely. Mu email adress is [email protected]

Gents,

I am Pakistan National currently working in Saudi Arabia. I have been offered by an Multinational Engineering Company whose office is situated in Map Tha Put Rayong Thailand. I have three daughters and two are school going (ages are 7.5 & 5 Years). I want to know about following

1. How I can live there with islamic culture.

2. Mosques are avaialble in Rayong.

3. Teachers for Quran teaching are available.

4. What about International Schools. Have all schools offer Co-eductaion only?

5. Can u provide me list of Schools. Which school will be best for my daughters?

6. How much is cost of living, accomodation, and schooling.

If some one preferably Muslim can provide me his contact number so i can talk with him freely. My email adress is [email protected]

I'd think long and hard about this. Thai's aren't PC

I'd think long and hard about this. Thai's aren't PC

Huh? I live in Chantaburi, just down the road from Rayong, and we have plenty of muslims around here. They are generally accepted as far as I can tell. Thais may not be politically correct but they are very tolerant.

I don't know anything about Mosques, Islamic schooling or living an Islamic lifestyle but I do know where I am Muslims are not uncommon and seem to be perfectly happy with their lives.

You would probably want to live in Ban Chang as it is nearer the international schools and still only 30 minutes from Map Ta Phut.

There is a Muslim community in Ban Chang which has a mosque and halal restaurants.There was a topic about 1 year ago started by a Muslim who is a teacher that was to start work at one of the international school (GIS I guess) which has some information that might be useful and may have his contact details. Use the forum search engine.

The international schools are

Garden International (GIS)

St. Andrew's Ban Chang

They are co-educational and have websites that can be found with Google.

Thais are no less tolerant than Saudis.

A 3 bedroom house would cost around 20,000 Baht upwards in one of the Ban Chang gated communities.

Schools cost at St. Andrew's about 130,000 baht per term (X3 terms) for the 7.5 year old, 100,000 (x3) for the 5 year old. GIS is cheaper.

Edit: formatting did not post as I had typed it.

Another Edit: By the way the international schools follow the Western Christian school calender with Christmas and Easter holidays and the celebrations that go with them and they do not fast during Ramadan.

Edited by PattayaParent

The muslim are in Rayong, Nong Bua is notorious for drugs and is a no go area for many locals. During Taskin's war on drugs perhaps 6 deaths occured there and many arrests. It used to be more of a chilled dope smoking area but that changed about 9 years ago with an massive influx of yaba. Many youths are addicted, and a bloody good number of older adults.

Be aware there is a world of difference in the style of Islam you will be used to and what is practised here.

You will need to be open minded and understand not all are as observant of, or as compliant with the teachings as you may know them.

It would be best to keep your eyes and ears open, and your mouth shut for at least 6 months of being here, until such times as you find a mosque more in tune with your beliefs.

The Thais have a live and let live attitude, if you cant live with that you may wish to reconsider being here, I am sure you will see Thai muslims carrying out deeds and actions you may well consider to be un Islamic.

To answer your questions,

1. How I can live their with islamic culture. There are many different versions practiced here, there is no state version imposed on the followers.

2. Mosques are avaialble in Rayong. Yes.

3. Teachers for Quran teaching are available. Be aware what is taught here may not be in line with either your views or those you have been used to in Saudi.

4. What about Internation Schools, All schools are Co-eductaio? Yes boys and girls are taught together.

5. Can u provide me list of Scholls. Which school will be best for my daughters? Only you can decide what is best for your family, based on the type of education you wish your children to have and how much you are willing to pay.

6. How much is cost of living, accomodation, and schooling. How long is a piece of string? Your cost of living will take into consideration education costs, housing costs and eating habits.