Too Much For Newbie ?

monty1412

Make sure you know how much fuel the bike uses ! and errr, try to stay away from PTT gas stations. But come to think of it you better get what you can.:huh:

Good luck and may the force be with you.:jap:

PS.. bring a rain suit, bungee cords, water proof bag and a rag to wipe down your helmets face shield. Those cold towels sold in 7-11 are refreshing, usually hanging up in the sandwich cooler

I've been using PTT in most of my bikes and cars for years without any problems. The only time I KNOW I got a tank of bad gas was when a whole bunch of us filled up at a Shell station and all of our bikes were running like crap afterwards. Assume they had watered down the fuel.

I'm hope the OP is aware that his Honda CBR 400 RR is not designed to run on gasohol. I also suspect that bike needs high octane fuel. Unfortunately it's now very difficult to find benzene 95 in Thailand. Seems Caltex is the only company that still sells benzene 95, but it's not available at all Caltex stations. Recommend you carry a bottle of octane booster and add a capful to your tank when you fill with benzene 91. Not all stations stock Benzene 91 these days, but the big PTT's usually have it. Good luck!

many thanks.. will do so. Also have small a bottle of pure methanol.... advantage of this stuff is that it has a higher octane rating than petrol in itself and drags any moisture and aqueous soluble sediment through.

Weather patterns are crap. Rain and thunderstorms all along South East and SouthWest coast.. some sort of tropical storm in Bay of Tonkin. Guy Im buying bike off reports flooding in some ares of Phuket. No way known Im going to try this in rain and storm conditions. one week delay cost me lost airfare of B2000 but thats life.

Hate to delay the trip but hate sliding acros greasy wet roads and feeling miserable more. Nothing on next weekend so free to try this journey then....if weather good this weekend in BKK ( which its not looking like) might try a long ride such as Pattaya.

Bangkok to Pattaya is a "long ride"?! :passifier:

Weather patterns are crap. Rain and thunderstorms all along South East and SouthWest coast.. some sort of tropical storm in Bay of Tonkin. Guy Im buying bike off reports flooding in some ares of Phuket. No way known Im going to try this in rain and storm conditions. one week delay cost me lost airfare of B2000 but thats life.

Hate to delay the trip but hate sliding acros greasy wet roads and feeling miserable more. Nothing on next weekend so free to try this journey then....if weather good this weekend in BKK ( which its not looking like) might try a long ride such as Pattaya.

A friend just flew down to Phuket last night to pick up a Ninja 250 and is riding it back to CNX

( i found one locally while he was boarding...:cheesy: )

Will let you know if he makes it back alive.

Edited by KRS1

A friend just flew down to Phuket last night to pick up a Ninja 250 and is riding it back to CNX

( i found one locally while he was boarding...:cheesy: )

Will let you know if he makes it back alive.

unless the bike was drowned yesterday in flooded Phuket

Where do i find information about road situuations down there?

HighwayPolice provide information in Thai language on phone 1193. Highways (one, two, three digits roads) only. Can be hard to reach when several areas in TH are flooded. State province, road number and direction to save time on phone

Local roads, ask the locals ;)

Patong was flooded 9-11am all over yesterday, then good to go most areas rest of the day

Friend made it to BKK and stayed overnight, but Ayutthaya is flooded out through route 32.

Anyone know if it's going to be possible to cut through Khao Yai National Park via 304 to bypass the floods and connect to route 1 back to CNX?...or is this route flooded too?

Edited by KRS1