Thank You Tv Members

brommers

Last week I was in Johannesburg & very worried about the flooding.

I have a personal interest in 3 different locations in the city, not to mention those where friends live. To have all the reports and the many references to other sites was a great help and brought peace of mind in difficult times. Happily none of my personal concerns became serious problems, but it was a close run thing at one site where the water came within centimetres of causing a lot of damage. I really feel for those who were less fortunate.

I would like to thank all those who posted flood news. It was a remarkable effort to help each other and a source of valuable information that reminded me of a New Year weekend in Edinburgh many decades ago when a huge snow storm closed down the city & stranded many people. A local radio station suspended all programmes & became a channel for people to help each other. This was a long before the advent of the internet. This time TV was a similar source of much need contact and help in times of need.

We may have few more days or weeks of trying times to get through but TV members will I am sure be a great and valued resource.

Thank you.jap.gif