Police Hua Hin

ableguy

HI guys I would like to know if anyone has experienced the following and can anyone throw light on the subject. . Two months ago moved into a rental on Dusit land seven and I should point out I have lived in Hua Hin almost three years, GF and I have noticed a couple of cops in and out of the estate a few times doubling up on a motor bike we wondered about this as nothing ever happens here and wondered what they were up to, yesterday they came to my house and only my house in a small street of eight houses, they were very polite and said they were making a list of all farangs in HH and asked for a copy of my passport took a photo of me and of the house, they explained it was in order to be able to ID us and help us if ever we had a problem in a timely manner, one of the cops had a list with lots of address on it all Farangs with Nationality marked and number of occupants in each household, they took the name of my gf and departed. We had a new person move into the Soi two weeks ago and I asked if they were going to check on him but they said no someone else would at a future date.

Knowing how the bib work I am rather concerned they knew we had recently moved in here and I can only think they must have got the info from immigration as I am retired and had to register my cjhange of address, of course I think the worse and would never allow them in my house for fear something may be planted ( use your imagination ). Anyone experienced this ? does anyone think I should go ask at the main police station ? comments please.

Sometimes in Soi 41 I see two police on a black CBR checking various little plastic name cards (I have no idea what they are) hung outside the houses, or perhaps even the letter boxes. Weird...

If I am correct in what you are describing... These are the police signing their 'rounds'.... The police are paid to visit certain properties as a protection measure against thieves. As proof of their visit they have to sign a little booklet.

A great system. Thieves can sit in wait nearby, watch the police sign the book and then rob the place in the safe knowledge that the police will not return for another few hours !

Regarding the Police knowing where all the foreigners live. I don't think there is any reason to be paranoid, this information may be requested out of the best intentions, if you are within your visa etc I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

We were approached by the police in a restaurant yesterday whist having lunch - the owner recognised our names on the list the police had. The policeman spoke little english and his female assistant not much more. They wanted blood group, height, weight etc. - did not give them these details. They already had our passport numbers, address etc but we were asked to fill these details on to their form. We also had to give a contact in case of emergency. We were assured it was nothing to do with immigration but that is the only place they could have got these details. No photos as of course we were not at home. Neither had enough english to explain to us what it was all about but I have a feeling it was in case we were involved in an accident or something!

I had it happen to me living in Phetchabun. They just wanted to know who I was basically and I can only assume if they had a reason to need to contact me they would know where I lived. Didn't seem to be anything suspiciious about it, in fact I wasn't even there when they came around and my wife gave them my details. Don't forget, we don't have ID cards and house books like the Thais do.

What kind of Visa do you have?

It may just be them tidying up paperwork..

For my Non-Immigrant O, 1 Year extension, I had to take a photo of myself and my family outside my house.

Also, in some circumstances the immigrant police are supposed to visit you personally.. for example when you ask for certificate of residency. (not the case when I applied for one though)

What kind of Visa do you have?

It may just be them tidying up paperwork..

For my Non-Immigrant O, 1 Year extension, I had to take a photo of myself and my family outside my house.

Also, in some circumstances the immigrant police are supposed to visit you personally.. for example when you ask for certificate of residency. (not the case when I applied for one though)

I guess this happen only if your visa conditions are based be married with a Thai woman to prove that you live really together and not only married to get some visa facilities!!! :jap:

Sometimes in Soi 41 I see two police on a black CBR checking various little plastic name cards (I have no idea what they are) hung outside the houses, or perhaps even the letter boxes. Weird...

If I am correct in what you are describing... These are the police signing their 'rounds'.... The police are paid to visit certain properties as a protection measure against thieves. As proof of their visit they have to sign a little booklet.

A great system. Thieves can sit in wait nearby, watch the police sign the book and then rob the place in the safe knowledge that the police will not return for another few hours !

usually called a red box. one pays like 500 baht a month, to have police patrol drop by 3 times/24 hours, and sign log each time

An update on the police situation, it now turns out they are visiting every house in our small estate ( dusit land seven ) where farangs live, it seems they must have got the list from immigration as they know which houses to visit. The BIB told one of my neighbours they have a new police chief here and it was his idea to list all farangs so they can help us in case of emergency however ref previous post they did not ask for blood group just a copy of passport and they never even looked at my visa ( retirement and everything up to date ) and as stated they took my photo and a photo of house, I find the whole thing some what strange and of course I have no trust of the BIB maybe I am just paranoid but this whole thing now seems harmless.

An update on the police situation, it now turns out they are visiting every house in our small estate ( dusit land seven ) where farangs live, it seems they must have got the list from immigration as they know which houses to visit. The BIB told one of my neighbours they have a new police chief here and it was his idea to list all farangs so they can help us in case of emergency however ref previous post they did not ask for blood group just a copy of passport and they never even looked at my visa ( retirement and everything up to date ) and as stated they took my photo and a photo of house, I find the whole thing some what strange and of course I have no trust of the BIB maybe I am just paranoid but this whole thing now seems harmless.

In this case as I guess too it must be an action of a new police chief (nowhere in Thailand happen this) and seem harmless; maybe also senseless because here it seem it concern only farangs living in houses? or they will visit each condominium and even Hotel? How about the farangs which often change his place??? But if they really help us in case of any emergency I doubt really!!! Make a test and call as farang, you believe a stranger was in your garden how long it take they come if they come :whistling:

I had this happen to me in a small Issan village a year or more back.

My BIB brother-in-law took the details and a photo. He said they'd been instructed to keep a record of farangs on their patch. He said there was nothing sinister. It would be used to provide assistance in cases of emergency.

I had this happen to me in a small Issan village a year or more back.

My BIB brother-in-law took the details and a photo. He said they'd been instructed to keep a record of farangs on their patch. He said there was nothing sinister. It would be used to provide assistance in cases of emergency.

As I said above .... this happen only if your visa conditions are based be married with a Thai woman to prove that you live really together and not only married to get some visa facilities!!! :jap: but never happen before for farangs which aren't married with any Thai. Sure I believe there is nothing sinister but I doubt of the efficiency in case of emergency ...... ! Not longtime ago a silly German threaten me (by written) against loaf and life (he own me a lot of money and I set him into the WEB). My lawyer meant it make nonsense inform the police they wouldn't act as long nothing happen. To eliminate such bad farang can be only if he work illegal, in this case the immigration would be much more efficient!

As I said above .... this happen only if your visa conditions are based be married with a Thai woman to prove that you live really together and not only married to get some visa facilities!!!

Sorry mate you're paranoid. If that's the case how do you explain my situation where my visa is not based on marriage to a Thai?

As I said above .... this happen only if your visa conditions are based be married with a Thai woman to prove that you live really together and not only married to get some visa facilities!!!

Sorry mate you're paranoid. If that's the case how do you explain my situation where my visa is not based on marriage to a Thai?

Sorry. First at all I never have intention to attack any person personally or his informations. I speak in general and an immigration officer told me once they like try avoid some "some" farangs go married with thai to take profit have only a bank deposit of 400'000 instead 800'000 (as single) or income 45'000 instead 65'000. Such acts from farangs happened special in the time when the Thai Bath was very strong last year and many farangs hadn't enough to show because of exchange rate!!! Is it okay for you? I apologize if you get it in the wrong way. :jap: Some mistake can happen because I am not a native English speaking person but willing to give my best.

Edited by challenger99

No offence meant and none taken.

If you look through the forum you will see reports of police doing the same on a number of sub forums. I think the thread in the Issan forum has a scanned copy of the form police were using in one area. In the posts I've read the police stated the same reasons and I can't recall reading any posts from people saying information they provided was used against them.

The same cheaking we had in our house in Summerland village on Wensday, 12. 3 men looks like police man came in police car to my house and asked about paspots, also they had all information about us(name, last name, # pasport and ets). Thet made photos af pasport, house and me. So we were in really shock about all this, cose it in the firts time.

Regarding the Police knowing where all the foreigners live. I don't think there is any reason to be paranoid, this information may be requested out of the best intentions, if you are within your visa etc I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

GET RID OF THE BONG