Red Baron Shite Customer Service

monty1412

Lifan is on a fast track expending its patent portfolio, one old Italian manufacturer with lots of knowledge apparently fitted the profile. Will Lifan motorcycles benefit from the knowledge of MV Agusta/Cagiva... Yes very likely, but Lifan already announced that it will keep the brands separated, and, MV Agusta has found somebody with deep pockets needed to design, develop, manufacture and market modern motorcycles. Many new MV Agusta models are planned...

Maybe RedBaron Bangkok can even be appointed to be the official Thai MV Agusta distributor...

Agree ,good to know that there is at least one other biker here with more than one brain cell ,and who is open to some new ideas .

PS ,i also love BMW motorcycle models ,but mainly the classic ones from 30 +=========== years ago . :jap:

Richard loves Lifan because they pay him to B):D:D ................. Really.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifan is what it is, inexpensive bikes

Yep, i hope they will soon start selling a nice naked bike like the Boxer 250. But please cheaper than the current Boxer :D

Lets start with the Tiger logo, with the Tiger logo used at the introduction of the Tiger Boxer international laws on look-like, I get that any judge will find it a copy of MV Agusta, especially that the Tiger Motor Co. Ltd. is selling an exact copy of a design developed by Cagiva, which can offer some problem for Tiger Motor Co. Ltd.... they offer a Cagiva unauthorized or licensed copy of a Cagiva design.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Red Baron Service! ;)

And Richard, in this you are wrong. It was MV Agusta who first copied the logo from MOUSE-Motorbikes. The once famous, well-known MOUSE brand has been forgotten over the years. But it was MOUSE who started the development of the first motorbike engine that could run only on cheese, long before some engineers in LOS have even had a clue that this would be possible :giggle:

I have much respect for Tiger Motor Co. Ltd., and I can tell that Lifan has no intentions to get into a legal fight with Tiger about the logo or the Cagiva design.

Well good. seeing as it was an authorized bike developed by Tiger and Cagiva for the Asean market... Lets face it Cagiva have been restructured so many times. what ever went on between them 10 years or so ago has no bearing on LIfan.

Also i can not actually find any info stating that Lifan had bought Mv Augusta. But i did find this...http://www.chinamotorworld.com/viewnews.asp?id=1924.

which states that Lifan are "franchised agent of MV Agusta"

Bit different.

It would also seem that KPN group actually are Cagiva Motors (asia pacific) and they have had offices in Bang kapi since 1997.

http://www.motorcycl...ikes/cagiva.htm

So to keep it on thread maybe Red Baron can contact the Thai office of Cagiva. B)

Ohh and Richard an excerpt from your own website...

"The Tiger Boxer 200 was developed with the help of Italian sporty motorcycle manufacture Cagiva Motors, and for a short moment also marketed in Southeast Asia as the Cagiva F4."

Edited by thaicbr