Ais Air Card Options

mallmagician

Based on coverage in cm. When I buy an air card, which is the best idea? Do the new 21mbps dongles from ais, actually get anywhere near those speeds?

There is small print on the ais site that says on the unlimited plans it's a maximum 1mbps... Regardless of which dongle you buy, the 3.6, 7.2, or the 21 Mbps...

Thought maybe I'm missing something, but it seems pointless buying the faster dongles, as the slowest of the bunch can go 3 times faster than the network will allow...

Any help appreciated.

I have had a 3.6 mbs for three years now. i am limited to 15 gig a month in downloads and the only unlimited options i am aware of are not 3G. i have asked many times to pay more for unlimited but am always told do not move of the plan I have now. Three years Ok i bought the wireless router. With that i got 15 gig per month limit for 500 baht a month. it has never changed for me. Last time i checked the only unlimited was for GPRS only.

Thanks for that. They are being sold with capped unlimited (I know) plans at the moment. I actually need it for using with my laptop as I'll be moving around chiang Mai, Bangkok, kanchanaburi, and Phuket next month, and I need a reliable connection.

As they have different dongles available, I wondered if anyone had experience with the faster dongles, and if they truly make a difference?

Im also interested in people's experiences in chiang Mai with ais 3G, as after buying it for travel, it will act as a backup to my flakey tot connection.

Finally, anyone travelled much using the ais 3G USB dongle as their Internet source. Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks

Don't buy one mate, I've got a spare one, 3.6 gig and 150thb a month for 50 hours internet I've used it all round Thailand and you just top it up using a scratch card from 7-11 for 12call, you can borrow it no problem. I'll send you an message on FB with my number.