All Uk Tv Channels

It's helpful only in that it means your laptop (or desktop) can be used anywhere around the house and isn't dependent on being plugged into the phone/ADSL line.

TOT were doing a special last month where they were offering a wireless router for 600 baht plus your old router - dunno if the offer is still running . . .

R

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a top service just one thing how many channels are people getting inn their home page it advertises film 4 and more 4 I don't seem to get these anyone else have this problem

Thanks

Me too. They are planning to include these other ones in December along with some other channels (wanna know what!) but for now that's all they have.

R

This is a top service just one thing how many channels are people getting inn their home page it advertises film 4 and more 4 I don't seem to get these anyone else have this problem

Thanks

I get BBC 1, BBC 2, C4, E4, 5 and itv 1,2 & 3.

However, at the moment cannot get any ITV Channel or E4 unless I go back to Monday or Tuesday.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

However, at the moment cannot get any ITV Channel or E4 unless I go back to Monday or Tuesday.

Same for me, i emailed them and no reply,,,,,and the player is very buggy and crashes a lot on Vista home premium... a lot of issues for sure need to be addressed

Thanks

Same for me, i emailed them and no reply,,,,,and the player is very buggy and crashes a lot on Vista home premium... a lot of issues for sure need to be addressed

I emailed them to and just has this reply

"Yes, I know. We are working on our Servers. ITV will be back soon.

Sorry and best regards"

Thanks

100% slick on XP and 7. Windows itself seems to be the prime culprit, not the program or setup. Also helps if you know how to actually use a computer - not that I'm suggesting you dont but check the replies here that go "I get a red box with the German language what can I do?" Answer - just close the <deleted> box and continue. (As in click on the little red cross on the top right corner, if you know how . . .)(Sorry Rooo.)

But could be the SP that you've got.

Phone Gunter and talk to him.

R

Edited by robsamui

(PETER TAKE NOTE:)

3:00 pm installed the UKTV prg for a friend in in Bo Phut. Failed. The entire folder in "program files" on C drive disappeared.

Did it again. Failed again.

Did it again and this time did NOT restart the computer.

Result - UKTV.

Helps to be resourceful when you are working with Windoze.

R

PLEASE NOTE - I have no connection with UKTV in any way at all.

It's just it seems to be an interesting alternative.

ALL the problems voiced here seem to be because people just don't understand how to use computers. (as in "I got a car but it won't go. Answer: you have to turn the ignition key first . . . ")

Anyone wanst help with this I am now offering on site assistance for payment in actual money . . . :rolleyes:

Rob

PLEASE NOTE - I have no connection with UKTV in any way at all.

It's just it seems to be an interesting alternative.

ALL the problems voiced here seem to be because people just don't understand how to use computers. (as in "I got a car but it won't go. Answer: you have to turn the ignition key first . . . ")

Anyone wanst help with this I am now offering on site assistance for payment in actual money . . . :rolleyes:

Rob

@ Dear Rob and All: Thank you verry much for Support! We are happy to inform you, that the Problems with Win7 are fixed. No Error Messages about "Player Screen Error" and unsharp / pixled Movies anymore. But now there are some new Problems with the Color Managment byr running UKTV on Win VISTA. We will try to fix it today.

Moore Channels will be added in the next few Days. UK-TV ist still for Free until Dez. 1th. , so frustrated Win7- Users can test it out again.

Enjoy!

Best regards Peter

Install Windows 7 mate....MUCH better. wink.gif

I am watching Australia v Wales live (10 minute delay) in the office (clearly not busy this afternoon!).

Good picture. No buffering and I can pause it anytime I want and go back to where I left off.

I have Windows 7 on the lap top and it is working fine.

I am watching Australia v Wales live (10 minute delay) in the office (clearly not busy this afternoon!).

Good picture. No buffering and I can pause it anytime I want and go back to where I left off.

Same as me and I am impressed, picture great but I wonder why there is the delay,not complaining just interested

Same as me and I am impressed, picture great but I wonder why there is the delay,not complaining just interested

Yep - I noticed this too. Odd.

One niggle - if you record anything it gets saved in .rmv format! This is the only video format that I can't find a converter for and seems to be years out of date.

R

Sorry this may be astupid questiOn but is it possible to save stuff you have recorded to a harddrive as I'm thinking everything I have recorded will be deleted when the free trial runs out

Thanks

Yep - that's what my last post was about, or didn't you realise?

But it's saved in the antique and not-supported .rmv format that you can't even watch on Windows (or convert to a format that you can).

A very serious failing of the system and it might just be the thing that decides me not to subscribe.

It all depends what the eventual price turns out to be (plus the fact I can't watch saved movies in the current .rmv format.) When Cable TV is about 450 baht (with 3 channels of Astro Sport, two movie channels (modern movies not stuff that's 20 years old) the Aussie channel plus French and German TV) then I'm not going to pay 800 or 900 baht for the UKTV.

Have to see how it all turns out, what channels are finally offered and how it's priced - and if saved recordings end up as .mpg or .avi!

R

We have also been using UKTV for the last few weeks and I think it's amazing! Its so easy to use and by far the best solution I have found for watching and recording UK TV networks. They recently added more channels so now has BBC 1, BBC2, BBC3 , BBC 4, ITV 1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CHANNEL 4, E4, MORE4, FILM 4, CHANNEL 5, CNN, ALJAZEERA, SIXX AND A COUPLE OF BBC KIDS CHANNELS.

It's also great having a weeks TV guide that you can just look back on and click any show to watch it there and then or record it for latter. Well done to Peter for launching such a innovative product I think it's great.

(and beforeyou ask no I am not anything to do with UKTV just a very happy customer, and as we always moan about bad service and products on here it makes a change to say something good for a change!)

With internet speeds a bit up and down here in Thailand its also great to report that so far we have had no buffering problems at all. I am guessing that the connection is to a server here in Thailand.

So well done and I will be signing up once the free trail ends

Edited by daveb1

Will uk tv be able to be used from a i pad2 in the near future peter?

I would venture to suggest no . . . there is a huge difference between the Windows platform and any of the others. And, as it looks like the admin folks are only just getting Windows & straight it would seem unlikely that they are porting this whole package across to secondary platforms.

And if they don't got it for Mac . . .

R

We have also been using UKTV for the last few weeks and I think it's amazing! Its so easy to use and by far the best solution I have found for watching and recording UK TV networks. They recently added more channels so now has BBC 1, BBC2, BBC3 , BBC 4, ITV 1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CHANNEL 4, E4, MORE4, FILM 4, CHANNEL 5, CNN, ALJAZEERA, SIXX AND A COUPLE OF BBC KIDS CHANNELS.

It's also great having a weeks TV guide that you can just look back on and click any show to watch it there and then or record it for latter. Well done to Peter for launching such a innovative product I think it's great.

(and beforeyou ask no I am not anything to do with UKTV just a very happy customer, and as we always moan about bad service and products on here it makes a change to say something good for a change!)

With internet speeds a bit up and down here in Thailand its also great to report that so far we have had no buffering problems at all. I am guessing that the connection is to a server here in Thailand.

So well done and I will be signing up once the free trail ends

Speaking personally as a guy that hasn't seen any UK TV for the last 14 years, there is nothing at all that I miss over here, especially that now 90% of topical content has gone to satellite and Pay on Demand.

But now, with the extra channels, there is always the odd thing or so that I am interested in. Unfortunately I can get all of this elsewhere for free (old movies, serials, etc etc - especially the antique re-runs that take up most of BBC and ITV.

I'm still waiting to see if they will add a sports channel.

And then I'll work out what I want to pay for something I'm going to be following for maybe 3-4 months spread over the year . . . and what's it going to be finally priced at?

But for someone that's only been here a year or so, or who has got a bar or restaurant with Brit tourists who are here for 2 or 3 weeks, it's a positive attraction.

R

Edited by robsamui

We don't watch a huge amount of TV maybe a couple of hours a day but to be honest I think it's going to be much better than the Truevisons satellite package we were paying for and have now cancelled. Truevisions is very overpriced, the same series repeated over and over again too few HD channels, and a PVR that is frankly the worst I have ever used!

I think a combination of UKTV and Sophon cable for live news and a few decent movies is a whole lot cheaper and much better.

Edited by Rooo
misplaced letter.

We don't watch a huge amount of TV maybe a couple of hours a day but to be honest I think it's going to be much better than the Truevisons satellite package we were paying for and have now cancelled. Truevisions is very overpriced, the same series repeated over and over again too few HD channels, and a PVR that is frankly the worst I have ever used!

I think a combination of UKTV and Sophon cable for live news and a few decent movies is a whole lot cheaper and much better.

Have been having a try with this. Very impressed- even on my crap 3mb tot speed- very good quailty and no buffering.

Will any sports channels sky sports etc be added? currently using myiplayer for that.

Any ideas on price per month?

cheers

Have been having a try with this. Very impressed- even on my crap 3mb tot speed- very good quailty and no buffering.

Will any sports channels sky sports etc be added? currently using myiplayer for that.

cheers

Whisper whisper . . . rumour has it that it'll be around 1,000B. But yet to be confirmed.

Shame, as it's hands down better than any other streaming TV I've seen. But what's the point of having excellent streaming TV if the content is lacking? (Bit like having a Lamborghini and driving it on Samui's roads . . . looks great but totally useless . . .)

I wrote a long critique of it all to Peter (guy in Pattaya who is running all this) outlining its pros and cons, including the utter lack of live sport (other than F1 and the Rugby World Cup, which is every four years) plus the content is inappropriate as it stands - antique and trivial. I suggested that even just adding Astro Sport would make it worthwhile. And if there is a decent Movie channel too (not this current one that is 50% rubbish from the 50s and 60s - or even Turner Classics - then that's a sale as far as I'm concerned.

He hasn't replied or commented.

My guess is that right now there are a LOT of people using the free trial. The test of how good the package is is what happens when it's time for them to pay 1,000 baht a month for it . . .

For me, sorry, too much for what it offers. :(

R

Edited by robsamui

cheers

Whisper whisper . . . rumour has it that it'll be around 1,000B. But yet to be confirmed.

Shame, as it's hands down better than any other streaming TV I've seen. But what's the point of having excellent streaming TV if the content is lacking? (Bit like having a Lamborghini and driving it on Samui's roads . . . looks great but totally useless . . .)

R

Yea, I agree Rob, great service but at that price I don't think I'll be taking it.

Now if Sky Sports 1, 2 & 3 was to be included.........that's a different story.

Samui 543 can you get Sky Sports on i player?

Edited by yorkie100

cheers

R

Yea, I agree Rob, great service but at that price I don't think I'll be taking it.

I have the feeling that Sky comes with too many problems. But hasn't AstroSport 1/2/3 got all the Premier League games? Plus the Euro-champs league? Plus all the Aussie/international rugby, (etc etc) too. This seems to be the one to push for!

And HOW can you get i-Player working over here? The only solution seems to be to buy a UK proxy - which again puts up the price. And that only pulls in BBC, AFAIK - which comes right back to what's on offer with UKTV again.

R

Edited by robsamui

cheers

R

Yes rob- currently have sky sports 1 on now- .www.myiplayer.com regards S

QUOTE:

Yes rob- currently have sky sports 1 on now- .www.myiplayer.com regards S

Just tried this and only 5 channels of sport with no sign of sky.

And no way to pause to let the buffer build-up like You Tube - painfully jerky.

Any tips?

R

I have to disagree withmost of you re range of channels, although to be honest I hate sport so lack ofsport is not a problem for me. Re movie channels there are 3 English ones onSophon but like all movie channels we have normally already seen the film onDVD so not worried about that.

I don’t think This is supposedto be a multi channel satellite system it’s there for all the basic UK TVchannels and for me it does that very well and at 1000 baht I think it’s goodvalue.