All Uk Tv Channels

Not that I'm interested so much as most UK TV is cringy - except TOTP and Jonathan Ross, maybe - but ...

If anyone is interested in having BBC1 BBC2 C4 CE4 Five and ITV 123, PM me. I just done it and its neat.

R

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

myiplayer dot com has all of them plus the sky channels, also filmon has a lot of channels, and is good quilty, but you have to pay for filmon

It's precisely after having to put up with free "streaming" Tv like myiplayer that I'm so chuffed with this Global-TV thing.

This is full-definition (not HD!), full screen, no buffering or breaks, recordable, and access to 5 days of past broadcasts on all channels. Plus you can skip backwards and forwards 1 minute or 5 minutes to cut out the adverts.

No contest!

R

Is it legal? Does it use a VPN ?

Following today's ruling regarding Sky TV's football coverage and the use of foreign sites to watch football games in public places for free in the UK I can't imagine the EU regulations banning it.

Edit: Oh the irony...here

Edited by smokie36

Hi Roo,

yes, it's legal and no, no VPN involved.

I haven't gone into details as I have a feeling that it might be seen as some kind of advertising on my part, but I will do so if you say it's OK. I've no commercial involvement here at all - I just came across this, the UK channels are a new addition, and it's a subscription service but with no hardware to buy or installation fees and you only pay a month at a time.

There's been this service (as an alternative to Cable TV or UBC) for all the German TV channels for a long time now and they've just introduced all the UK channels also.

Let me know if I can post more details - I'll PM you with all the info if you want and let you decide.

Cheers

Rob

Following today's ruling regarding Sky TV's football coverage and the use of foreign sites to watch football games in public places for free in the UK I can't imagine the EU regulations banning it.

Doesn't apply! We're not in the EEC here. And anyway Sky Sports isn't included, only the 'terrestrial' TV stations.

R

Edited by robsamui

Doesn't apply! We're not in the EEC here. And anyway Sky Sports isn't included, only the 'terrestrial' TV stations.

R

Likely off topic I agree but it does apply if you were to be getting the channels from elsewhere in the EU where they don't give a monkey's for example.

Hi all.

Boss Roo reckons it's Ok to lay it all out - so here's the low down.

I’ve got no commercial involvement here - I just came across this and think it’s cheaper and better than UBC and a thousand times better than crappy Thai cable!

Take a look at uk-tv.asia - there is a free channel demo, I think.

At the moment this is all free as it’s new and there's only 8 channels. But in December they’re going to add another 10 channels and there’ll be a monthly charge. You can pay per month, cancel it at any time and start to pay again when you need to. ITV have got the contract for the rugby world cup, for example, so I got into all this just for the rugby. But I’ll probably cancel again until February, when the 6 nations rugby is on for 5 or 6 weeks.

They’ve had a German TV equivalent for a while now with 3 different packages - the basic one with 20 channels is 1,000B a month so I expect to pay about the same when all the UK channels are up.

No buffering (well sometimes but not if you pause it for 5 minutes and nothing like the free TV), up to 5 days back-programs, watch yesterday’s broadcasts today (so you don’t have to sit around at 3.am to watch programs live), proper TV quality resolution and screen size, you can even record broadcasts and save them. And it is live TV with all the channels and programs plus the ability to timeshift and watch what you want at a convenient time for you. Plus you can watch it on your computer or cable it to a proper 42” TV!

No contest with the jerky, blocky, tiny images on the free streaming stations. No irritating ads to wait for before you can watch - and no finding that the channel you want is somehow unavailable. There’s no hardware to buy, no installation fees and you don’t have to pay for a year in advance, only a month.

There is no comparison - but then, you get what you pay for I guess!

Rob

Rob

Thanks very much for the info.

Even though I haven't seen UK TV for almost 18 years :wacko: (apart from BBC Entertainment when it was on UBC) I will probably give it a try. If only for 'er indoors.

As you say - probably worth it for the rugby.

Edited by Tropicalevo

downloaded it but there is some sort of message in german at the top and cant get it to work!

Download the set-up program for the player, run it and let Windows update the codecs if it needs to.

A shortcut for the icon (UKTV) appears on your desktop.

Double-click on it

When the notice in German appears, simply close it!!!

Ensure that the 'options' menu is set on English for the language.

The website says that there is a "5 minute test mode" for the player. (Personally I didn't use this as I contacted the site direct on the www.uk-tv.asia website (SUPPORT/help on the RH menu) before I installed the player. I was immediately sent a user name and password, which I used. BUT, just to check, I tried this again from scratch on my laptop and there seems to not be a 5-minute test mode . . .)

So request a trial by contacting support.

Enter your username/password and it seems that because there are currently only 8 UK channels there is no charge until 1st December, when they will up this to 19 or 20 channels. The charge is to be yet to be announced but it is monthly and likely to be about 1,000b (if the same pricing as they have for the German version is applied.)

ALTERNATIVELY - contact the Samui rep by phone, explain the situation and ask for a user name and password. His name is Gunter - 085 572 7658.

Tell him you are a friend of Rob and you want to try it all out. He speaks good English.

There you go!

Hope this helps,

Rob

Blimy!

Only has download for Windoze and not Mac.... :o

So are these current programs? or is like ITV Grenada on Astro, that's playing Coronation Street from 5 years ago :D

erm what is Mak?

Programs are current - see screenshot showing programs at 13.55 pm UK taken at 19.55 pm here, from my monitor screen.

Rob

post-4665-0-68358000-1317819115_thumb.jp

Blimy!

Only has download for Windoze and not Mac.... :o

So are these current programs? or is like ITV Grenada on Astro, that's playing Coronation Street from 5 years ago :D

erm what is Mak?

Programs are current - see screenshot showing programs at 13.55 pm UK taken at 19.55 pm here, from my monitor screen.

Rob

Well with programs like, "Four in a bed" ...."How to fix your house" ....blah blah....

I think I had better turn on the alternative to my Mak and check this out..... :lol:

Thanks for the info BTW! <_<

UK TV....better invest in a pack of cards or backgammon set imo.

Couldn't agree more - 95% is dross. But you pay monthly - can leave it for 3 months and come back again - and ITV has the Rugby World Cup contract and shows UK club rugby and the Six Nations in February plus there's the weekly Premier League roundup and highlights. And there are several odd things like Billy Connelly Route 66, Top Gear, Panorama, Hard Talk, but sure all you can pick up of the tor*ent sites. But no hardware or installation costs and until Dec 1st it's free. Suits me all ways!

Take it if you need it and don't if you don't.

R

Just had this mail from Peter, the German man who seems to be running the operation in Thailand:

"Hallo Rob,

i'm Peter (Schlegel) from UK-TV / Global TV. Thank you very much for recommand us! Interested Members should send us a short eMail to [email protected] , then they will get Free Access until Dec. 1th. We will launch a new Website in the next days, where people can register and also get the Free Trial. We are working hard to get moore channels. We also have to install aditional Servers for keep the good Performance.

Greetings Peter Mobile 0806 433 640"

Rob

It certainly works, but picture quality on BBC 1 in particular sucks big time :( Can't read most captions (yes, I've got my glasses on).

Some things are good, it downloads at the maximum speed of your connection so it can get ahead (evidently the reason for the delay on live TV) so if the connection drops out or slows you don't notice (the available buffer time is shown top right of the window), didn't miss a beat when the router was switched off for a couple of minutes :)

It would be great if the quality adapted to the average link speed available, IIRC the BBC audio streams used to do that (was it called Surestream?).

With a decent choice of channels and a sensible subscription rate it would certainly be worth looking at.

UK TV....better invest in a pack of cards or backgammon set imo.

Couldn't agree more - 95% is dross. But you pay monthly - can leave it for 3 months and come back again - and ITV has the Rugby World Cup contract and shows UK club rugby and the Six Nations in February plus there's the weekly Premier League roundup and highlights. And there are several odd things like Billy Connelly Route 66, Top Gear, Panorama, Hard Talk, but sure all you can pick up of the tor*ent sites. But no hardware or installation costs and until Dec 1st it's free. Suits me all ways!

Take it if you need it and don't if you don't.

R

Watched Route 66....yeah that's a great programme!

It certainly works, but picture quality on BBC 1 in particular sucks big time :( Can't read most captions (yes, I've got my glasses on).

Some things are good, it downloads at the maximum speed of your connection so it can get ahead (evidently the reason for the delay on live TV) so if the connection drops out or slows you don't notice (the available buffer time is shown top right of the window), didn't miss a beat when the router was switched off for a couple of minutes :)

It would be great if the quality adapted to the average link speed available, IIRC the BBC audio streams used to do that (was it called Surestream?).

With a decent choice of channels and a sensible subscription rate it would certainly be worth looking at.

Hmmm. I wonder . . . .

I first got to see this whole thing on a German friend's TV (42-inch flatscreen) which was in his living room. The picture quality was crisp on all the channels I played with - not HD but certainly fine from 6 or 7 feet away.

But I've been watching the UKTV on my computer monitor. And, yes, the quality is quite different, nothing like as good. So it may be the quality of the signal - sent via an HDMI cable to a good TV might make all the difference. Or it could be that the quality of the UKTV channels is poor to begin with.

The same German chum has also got UKTV now and so I'll go back and scan through the channels critically and compare the quality of German and UK broadcasts - I've got something to compare it with now (the quality of my computer monitor)!

R

is there a cable i can use from my laptop to tv(tv has white,yellow,red conections),also i guess uktv can not be downloaded to a ipad2 yet?

No - you can't do it with a direct connection (unless you have HDMI slots) you need a converter box like so . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270574552650?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3606wt_1164

If you can find a way to run Windows on your iPad . . . . :whistling:

R

Edited by robsamui

I too got my username and password and so far the experience is excellent with good quality sound and vision.

One word of warning, however is that the program updates your codecs if it thinks this is necessary and this has completely ****ed up my Windows Media Player and am now just getting squeaks and squeals on audio.

Not a major problem for me because I can use VLC player which still seems to work OK but just a friendly warning in case it affects anyone else.

is there a cable i can use from my laptop to tv(tv has white,yellow,red conections),also i guess uktv can not be downloaded to a ipad2 yet?

No - you can't do it with a direct connection (unless you have HDMI slots) you need a converter box like so . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270574552650?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3606wt_1164

If you can find a way to run Windows on your iPad . . . . :whistling:

R

I plug into the S-Video port of the laptop and connect to the video socket of the telly (yellow cable) and plug a stereo jack into the headphones socket of the computer and the other end into the white and red sockets of the telly.

Works perfectly once you set up the computer monitor configurations in Control Panel>Display