All Uk Tv Channels

Hi thats good news but you havent told us which VPN you are using, my main problem is internet speed and buffering but as you say that may be because of a bottle neck on the VPN, so please tell us which one you are using I would love to try it

Thanks

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

And that almost seems to be the end of it.

EXCEPT . . .

. . . that I have now plugged in to a system of high-speed server UK-based VPN (ie no buffering) which will do everything that UKTV used to do, speedwise. This, combined with a set of links to HD channels within the UK . . .

Still messing with this, but the quality on a 50-inch screen is very good and it is watchable. As in - 5 mins no buffering then 5 seconds buffering, 2 mins fine then 2 seconds buffering etc. Quality good, buffering un-noticable.

So far the cost seems to be only the £6 a month fee for the fast VPN. But I'm still playing with this. The big problem is not the connection speed I have here. (My friend is watching un-buffered TV from the UK on his 3 Mbit connection.) It's the bottleneck of the speed of the VPN server in the UK.

I played with a similarly-priced VPN this week and speed-checked rates with and without a VPN connection. The best download rate I got was around 500 Kbits with the VPN. Using the VPN on the Thai Visa speedtest was equally dismal. So I deduce the weak link is the VPN server speed in the UK.

This is just a conclusion born of ignorance and formed via trial and error. If anyone actually KNOWS what the trick is then please do tell.

But the fast VPN server I am currently using gives me a speed (Thai Visa) of around 3 Mbits . . . so there's hope!

Might have to start a new topic now . . . as this has no connection with my original post!

Cheers

R

Tell us how to take alook for ourselves pls.