Eva Air: "Prices Aren'T Available For Next Year Yet"

beechstreet

I have been trying off and on over the last few weeks to check prices for BKK to LAX in January 2012 on EVAAIR.com and I keep getting "We’re sorry! There is no available fare to fit your itinerary. Please contact us for assistance."

I've booked many tickets directly with them and never had any problems (except when they canceled the BKK to NYC flight). At first I thought it was some strange computer glitch but this morning I finally called and was told that "Prices aren't available for next year yet...Maybe at the end of this month...An agent won't have prices either." <deleted>!?

Does anyone else think this is strange? Is EVA going under or something!? Is there anyone out there that has tickets booked for 2012 with EVA?

Sorry to say it but Aeroflot are the same, for prices in April, I have been told that most airlines will publish new prices towards the end of the year, this might be because of the fuel prices, am not quite sure.

In fact Gulf air are the same, no prices yet. (am going to the UK).

Hmmm. Slightly more reassuring to find that other airlines are doing the same thing. It just so happens that when I checked CathayPacific and Thai I was able to get prices.

Seems a little ridiculous that I can't plan 3 months ahead of time to make arrangements for international travel. I guess I could understand a rolling window where they were reticent to commit to prices, but a calendar year seems pretty irrelevant to this situation.

It is strange. All the flights and prices listed on Kayak but when you click through get the same result as you. It is also the same for Eva to London, no problem with other airlines I've checked. Can't see fuel prices being a factor, have been through much more volatile times than these and no airline likes to lose business by not quoting prices when its competitors are. Incidentally they were quoting £1900 on kayak for one way premium economy to London next month :huh: and when I clicked through to eva that flight was available, but the price had then dropped to £450.

I think the upshot of all this is that the issues are internal to Eva and will probably be resolved soon.

This is very interesting. I've been looking at flights for Feb either premium economy or business and no fares for any dates with Eva in premium economy or biz class.

Same goes for a few others.....guess I'll have to wait a while before booking.

This is very interesting. I've been looking at flights for Feb either premium economy or business and no fares for any dates with Eva in premium economy or biz class.

Same goes for a few others.....guess I'll have to wait a while before booking.

Not a chance in hell of Eva being in any problems as owned by one of the biggest shipping lines in the world Evergreen.

Listed in the UK for next year departures (economy)

Looking at this maybe they are revising prices downwards.

My link

Little doubt they are feeding in new data. One way LHR-BKK in Feb is listed on Kayak at £1900 and becomes unavailable when you click through. Reversing the direction for the same date its listed at around £900 (£1000 cheaper). Click through and not only is it available but comes down to circa £600, check the attached images.

This will all regularise itself pretty soon I think.

post-7438-0-93285100-1317838257_thumb.pn

post-7438-0-48981500-1317838275_thumb.pn

Sounds like some sort of website issues? Airlines publish fares out 330 days. No problem fining BR fares. See below: Jan. 27, 2012 - Sep. 7, 2012.

Bangkok (BKK) to Los Angeles (LAX) - Fri, Jan 27

Bangkok (BKK) to Taipei (TPE) - Fri, Jan 27

EVA Air 76 Dep: 4:00PM Arr: 8:25PM 3h 25m Boeing 777 Premium coach (L)

Layover in TPE 3h 30m

Taipei (TPE) to Los Angeles (LAX) - Fri, Jan 27

EVA Air 16 Dep: 11:55PM Arr: 7:30PM 11h 35m Boeing 777 Premium coach (L)

Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) - Wed, Sep 5

Los Angeles (LAX) to Taipei (TPE) - Wed, Sep 5

EVA Air 1 Dep: 1:35AM Arr: 5:50AM 13h 15m Boeing 777 Coach (B)

Layover in TPE Thu, Sep 6 2h 50m

Taipei (TPE) to Bangkok (BKK) - Thu, Sep 6

EVA Air 75 Dep: 8:40AM Arr: 11:15AM 3h 35m Boeing 777 Coach (B)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 71,650.00

Total cost for 1 passenger 71,650.00

* All prices shown in THB

How to buy this ticket

Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.

Hide itinerary details

Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.

Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.

Fare 1: Carrier BR LLWB1 BKK to LAX (rules)

Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code L

Covers BKK-TPE (Premium coach), TPE-LAX (Premium coach)

Fare 2: Carrier BR BLWS1Y1 LAX to BKK (rules)

Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code B

Covers LAX-TPE (Coach), TPE-BKK (Coach)

BR YQ surcharge (YQ) 4,280.00

BR YQ surcharge (YQ) 760.00

USDA APHIS Fee (XA) 160.00

US Immigration Fee (XY) 220.00

US Customs Fee (YC) 175.00

US International Arrival Tax (US) 515.00

Thailand Passenger Service Charge (TS) 700.00

US International Departure Tax (US) 515.00

US September 11th Security Fee (AY) 80.00

US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) 145.00

Subtotal per passenger 71,650.00

Number of passengers x1

TOTAL AIRFARE & TAXES 71,650.00

Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.

Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)

BKK BR X/TPE BR LAX 1125.12LLWB1 BR X/TPE BR BKK 1012.80BLWS1Y1 NUC 2137.92 END ROE 29.981 XT 700TS 175YC 220XY 160XA 1030US 80AY 5040YQ 145XF LAX4.50

Edited by lomatopo

Sounds like some sort of website issues? Airlines publish fares out 330 days. No problem fining BR fares. See below: Jan. 27, 2012 - Sep. 7, 2012.

Bangkok (BKK) to Los Angeles (LAX) - Fri, Jan 27

Bangkok (BKK) to Taipei (TPE) - Fri, Jan 27

EVA Air 76 Dep: 4:00PM Arr: 8:25PM 3h 25m Boeing 777 Premium coach (L)

Layover in TPE 3h 30m

Taipei (TPE) to Los Angeles (LAX) - Fri, Jan 27

EVA Air 16 Dep: 11:55PM Arr: 7:30PM 11h 35m Boeing 777 Premium coach (L)

Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) - Wed, Sep 5

Los Angeles (LAX) to Taipei (TPE) - Wed, Sep 5

EVA Air 1 Dep: 1:35AM Arr: 5:50AM 13h 15m Boeing 777 Coach (B)

Layover in TPE Thu, Sep 6 2h 50m

Taipei (TPE) to Bangkok (BKK) - Thu, Sep 6

EVA Air 75 Dep: 8:40AM Arr: 11:15AM 3h 35m Boeing 777 Coach (B)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) 71,650.00

Total cost for 1 passenger 71,650.00

* All prices shown in THB

How to buy this ticket

Tickets cannot be purchased directly from ITA Software.

Hide itinerary details

Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.

Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.

Fare 1: Carrier BR LLWB1 BKK to LAX (rules)

Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code L

Covers BKK-TPE (Premium coach), TPE-LAX (Premium coach)

Fare 2: Carrier BR BLWS1Y1 LAX to BKK (rules)

Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code B

Covers LAX-TPE (Coach), TPE-BKK (Coach)

BR YQ surcharge (YQ) 4,280.00

BR YQ surcharge (YQ) 760.00

USDA APHIS Fee (XA) 160.00

US Immigration Fee (XY) 220.00

US Customs Fee (YC) 175.00

US International Arrival Tax (US) 515.00

Thailand Passenger Service Charge (TS) 700.00

US International Departure Tax (US) 515.00

US September 11th Security Fee (AY) 80.00

US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) 145.00

Subtotal per passenger 71,650.00

Number of passengers x1

TOTAL AIRFARE & TAXES 71,650.00

Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.

Fare construction (can be useful to travel agents)

BKK BR X/TPE BR LAX 1125.12LLWB1 BR X/TPE BR BKK 1012.80BLWS1Y1 NUC 2137.92 END ROE 29.981 XT 700TS 175YC 220XY 160XA 1030US 80AY 5040YQ 145XF LAX4.50

ITA Software is great but remember you cannot buy tickets from it, and also it is using information passed to it by the airlines, what happens if at the start of next year the airline decides to change the flight times.

I looked at Aeroflot on ITA Software, but also spoke to their office in Bangkok, which informed me that the schedule for next year has not been written so the prices are not yet available.

ITA Software is great but remember you cannot buy tickets from it, and also it is using information passed to it by the airlines, what happens if at the start of next year the airline decides to change the flight times.

I looked at Aeroflot on ITA Software, but also spoke to their office in Bangkok, which informed me that the schedule for next year has not been written so the prices are not yet available.

ITA shows published airfares, so I am not sure I understand your point(s). Any published airfare can be purchased. (I am not familiar with Aeroflot's GDS so cannot comment.)

If flights are rescheduled, which happens all the time, then the airline mus re-accommodate you to your satisfaction or provide a full refund.

Airlines publish airfares for travel over the next 330 days. They do not withhold airfares waiting for some series of events to occur. If fuel price is a concern they can add, delete or modify the YQ line.

The airfares from ITA Software can only be purchased at a Travel Agent, but the fares will not show on their computers for Aeroflot, or some other airlines.

Like I said I contacted Aeroflot in Thailand, and prices or schedules for April have not been finalised, however they show up on ITA Software.

It looks like BR are jiggering their TPE-BKK-TPE schedules. They were supposed to expand, but that expansion has been pulled back, and they may be further reductions.

BR updates their schedules on 9 Sep 2011. Still looking into this; only the TPE-BKK-TPE segments seem affected. Will follow up.

BR's schedule is loaded out to 354 days; it looks like an issue with their on-line res. system choking on the BKK-TPE-BKK segments? I spoke with one reliable TA here and they can book/ticket BR flights, no problem.

Any BR fare seen on ITA is published and can be purchased; this was also confirmed with a reliable TA. I know nothing about Aeroflot's GDS.

It looks like BR are jiggering their TPE-BKK-TPE schedules. They were supposed to expand, but that expansion has been pulled back, and they may be further reductions.

BR updates their schedules on 9 Sep 2011. Still looking into this; only the TPE-BKK-TPE segments seem affected. Will follow up.

You're right. It appears BKK to TPE is the problem.

If I query TPE-LAX-TPE I can get a ticket....but BKK-LAX-BKK is still unavailable. Unless EVA is going to pull out of Thailand altogether I can't see what the problem is.