I Need A Lawyer

hellyes2oo2

Hi guys I need a Lawyer that can translate into english. I am selling a house back in England, and I have to send a copy of my passport, and driving licence to England. But it has to be verified by a thai lawyer here in thailand. I live just outside of Sisaket, but if there is no lawyer there then I can travel to Surin, can somebody please recommend a lawyer to me.

This may be somewhat of a reach. In the UK I have had my passport verified by my local bank manager.

It might be possible that who ever is receiving your copies will accept verification carried out by a local professional (i.e. Doctor or Bank Manager etc)..

OP is in Thailand.

A few more questions:-

As Richard indicated, it might be useful to know who the copies are being made for and for what purpose.

Similarly, have you been asked to get 'certified' copies or 'notorised' copies ?

If you take the analogy of a passport application almost anyone can now 'certify' or countersign the application/photos.

Do they know in England who is a Thai lawyer or who isn't? I would go to the nearest stamp shop and make a very nice lawyer stamp.

LOL Love it B***SH*T BAFFLES BRAINS! I have to say I think that that will work! :lol:

Have 2 or 3 days in Bangkok vist the Embassy and get it done there or vist you Immigration Dept

Do they know in England who is a Thai lawyer or who isn't? I would go to the nearest stamp shop and make a very nice lawyer stamp.

LOL Love it B***SH*T BAFFLES BRAINS! I have to say I think that that will work! :lol:

Photocopy both documents, then write on them both in English the usual drivel, I certify this is etc etc etc.

Go to nearest police station, give the nice man at the desk a bottle of 100 pipers, get him to stamp the paperwork, we all know how much the Thais love their offical stamps.

Yes they do - remarkably.

I had to get a form notarised and the lying b4stard of a lawyer in Surin who said he was a Notary, turned out not to be.

This was discovered at the UK end by them checking the Law Society of Thailand's list of lawyers and that showed that chummy from Surin was not qualified as a Notary.