I Have My Thai Visa And Workpermit In Hand And Will Expire Both Next Year But I Quit My Job Already Can I Still Use My Visa And Wp

To all Tha visa and workpermit experts,

My school just renew my visa and workpermit until next year, but i quit my job 1 week after they finish my visa and WP, What happen is i have my workpermit and visa together with me, but I'm still reporting my 90 days using that visa.

My question is, is there a possibility that my WP and visa can be cancelled by my employer?

Is there a way i can know that it's already been cancelled?

What are the consequences if the labor and immigration found out that I'm still using this Visa and WP to find for another job?

Best regards

Your visa is tied to your work permit and the work permit is tied to your job. If you leave or are sacked from your job, both expire. If you find a new job, you will require a new work permit. They allow you to apply for a 7 day extension to get your affairs in order after leaving your job.

Oh and I am no expert, its common knowledge :rolleyes:

Edited by Bangkokhatter

You seem to be on an extension of stay. When you lose your job, your emplotyer needs to inform the labour office to cancel your WP and your permission to stay also needs to be cancelled, if that permission is based on your employement. You have to elave the country within 24 hours after losing your job. Not doing so means you are on overstay at 500 baht a day, with a maximum of 20,000 baht.

As you are on an extension of stay based on employment, basically you cant use the WP/Visa to find another job, and if the school has informed the DOL/immigration you are no longer working there you are on an overstay.

I would stongly suggest you get your affairs sorted out soonest, as the longer you leave it the harder it will become

As you are on an extension of stay based on employment, basically you cant use the WP/Visa to find another job, and if the school has informed the DOL/immigration you are no longer working there you are on an overstay.

I would stongly suggest you get your affairs sorted out soonest, as the longer you leave it the harder it will become

Hi,

Yah, this is what I'm thinking now, I have to leave before they notify to labor and immigration,

I just found a new job, and I'm having a new non-b to apply for a new workpermit, correct me if I'm wrong my plan is to go out without applying for re-entry so my existing visa will become nulled and going back here to thailand using the new non-b visa hoping that that my past employer did not yet notify immigration department, and my new employer now said they will cancel my workpermit while I'm applying for non-b so when i came back i no longer have workpermit but have new non-b for employment and apply new WP.

Do you think this will work out?

Thanks a lot for all.

Best regards,

Hi,

Yah, this is what I'm thinking now, I have to leave before they notify to labor and immigration,

I just found a new job, and I'm having a new non-b to apply for a new workpermit, correct me if I'm wrong my plan is to go out without applying for re-entry so my existing visa will become nulled and going back here to thailand using the new non-b visa hoping that that my past employer did not yet notify immigration department, and my new employer now said they will cancel my workpermit while I'm applying for non-b so when i came back i no longer have workpermit but have new non-b for employment and apply new WP.

Thanks a lot for all.

Best regards,

I hope its Maths you will be teaching and not English as a language. Thailand expat.

Hi,

I'm not an expert in English language that's why I can accept critic, I'm sorry but you did not answer my questions. If you want to help others just do it with respect.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all.

Best regards,

I hope its Maths you will be teaching and not English as a language. Thailand expat.

Hi,

I'm not an expert in English language that's why I can accept critic, I'm sorry but you did not answer my questions. If you want to help others just do it with respect.

Ok,

If you have a visa, its still valid, but if you have an extension of visa because of the job, you should get out of the country and get another visa,

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all.

Best regards,

It should work out, but I would try and get a copy of the letter the previous school is suppose to send to immigration, as if they have put the letter in, you are currently on an overstay and need to get this cleared before doing anything else.

The labour office might very well ask for a leter from your former employer about when your employment with them was canceled, and that might open up the can of worms. Immigration can also ask about your former employment en when it was canceled. It all depends on how alert they are.

OP, do as if your nose bleeds.

Let your new employer cancel your WP and apply for a new one at the same time.

Go to Immigration and ask for an extension of stay, based on the new WP-application.

If possible do this Labor Dept. and Immigration action on the same day.

Wait and see!

OP, do as if your nose bleeds.

Let your new employer cancel your WP and apply for a new one at the same time.

Go to Immigration and ask for an extension of stay, based on the new WP-application.

If possible do this Labor Dept. and Immigration action on the same day.

Wait and see!

It is no longer possible to get an extension on the basis of a work permit application. You now need the work permit itself.

In the passport the name of the old employer should be noted. If/When the Labour department pick up on this they will/should tell the OP to go and cancel the permission to stay before a new work permit can be applied for.