Sad News

Bagwan

The death of Bob Adams, proprietor of the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7, and his new establishment in Jomtien, occurred late last night. It is believed that the cause was a heart attack. He leaves his widow Sue and his 11 year old son. He will be sadly missed not only by his family but by his many friends, his loyal clientèle and his faithful staff many of several years service. RIP Bob. Your race was well and stylishly run.

i am very sorry to hear that, i wasn't a frequent visitor to P & W but i remember on one occasion many years ago, one of the staff had a problem with a very rude drunken person

i sorted it out for her and on my next visit, he had heard about it, thanked me and i ate for free that day

i never once went there without him saying hello if he was in and the girl always recognized me

he struck me as a real gent who hosted a very good place that was the envy of many

i am sure he will be missed immensely by his family and friends

i am very sorry for your loss

RIP BOB

Edited by timekeeper

I have known Bob since my very first visit to Pattaya some ten years ago, in that time I got to know a true gentleman, who over the years has helped many people who have found themselves in some problem or other in Pattaya, and fondly remember the times he invited me round to his place for drinks / BBQ's with other friends and staff of the P&W.

I was first informed of this tragic news yesterday morning from a colleague who was with Bob at the hospital, and can only say how shocked and saddened I was to hear this.

My thoughts go out to Sue & Jack. RIP Bob

I met him several times although he probably would not remember me. I used to fequent the pig a lot a few years back because one of my USA friends hung out there a lot as his friend Nit tended bar and processed the rooms and things being as her english was very good. I knew the big fellow, Graham a bit better who also passed a few years back. The Pig was where I had my first Full English breakfast on my second Thailand trip way back in 2004. Pretty good memories of the place.

• 2 months later...

I met Bob in the days leading up to Songkran 2010, it was my first time visit to Thailand and went to Pattaya and had an iteniary to visit other places in the L.O.S but ended up staying at the Pig and Whistle for 5 weeks, he was a true Gent and on talking to him, he was a friendly, funny, generous great guy, the staff and management are a fantastic hospitable crew that made me feel really welcome and made my stay enjoyable, hence 5 week stay, made great friends and great times were had, Thankyou Bob for one of those memorable times that one never forgets and the laughs you gave me, my thoughts are with your family. R.I.P Bob