Contact Lenses

smokie36

Hi folks

I got some contacts for the first time today and had a try with them today. Really I'm planning to be using them for the rest of my days.

They are the disposable ones...I can't be bothered with reusable ones and I'd be probably losing them etc...

Just wondering if any of you who have been using them for a while can offer any tips or help on inserting them or how long they can be left in for....infection risks or problems you may have encountered.

Thanks.

Long time since I used one-day lenses, but preferrd them above "reusable ones". You can use them all day and take a nap with them in or just take them off and put them back in. When you go to sleep you dispose them. Inserting is not difficult,the optician should have showed you that. You cna probably find a youtube video on it or instructions on an eye doctor site.Infection is alwys a risk. The only thing you can do is wash your hand before you insert them. Disinfecting soap or alcohol gell should do nicely.

Long time since I used one-day lenses, but preferrd them above "reusable ones". You can use them all day and take a nap with them in or just take them off and put them back in. When you go to sleep you dispose them. Inserting is not difficult,the optician should have showed you that. You cna probably find a youtube video on it or instructions on an eye doctor site.Infection is alwys a risk. The only thing you can do is wash your hand before you insert them. Disinfecting soap or alcohol gell should do nicely.

Thanks for your reply. I did find they caused me to blink a lot today but the optician said that would pass afer a short while. Couldn't get it in my left eye at all but the vision is poor there anyway so wasn't such an issue. I will try again tomorrow. Cheers!

Edited by smokie36